QLD Lockdown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have come around glad we get to play this weekend and footy back this afternoon.

The only 2 things

Our run of games
Sharks game Monday
Storm 5 days after sharks
Eels 7 days after storm
Raiders 6 days after eels

Win 3 /4 and our season is set up for top 4 shot.

Wish we weren't coming off a 5 day break against the storm who have 30 extra hours off than us.

Excited to see where the season heads from here.

Finally please no injuries in our sharks game tomorrow night I worry Suncorp will be a sand pit come tomorrow night just so much foot traffic on it over the next 2 days.

Last edited:
To be balanced QLD has done extremely well through the whole covid saga. They have kept the comp going last year and this, so one time erring on the side of caution is not the end of anything in the big scheme of things.
The fact she backflipped within hours shows she stuffed up, its that simple! Qld hasn't kept the NRL going, its Vlandys! If QLD didn't take in the NRL there would have been several other options.

To be balanced QLD has done extremely well through the whole covid saga. They have kept the comp going last year and this, so one time erring on the side of caution is not the end of anything in the big scheme of things.
Fair comment but like now have had a few scares and uncertain times in hindsight . Bit of luck involved as well and hope that Queensland continues to get our fair share . Can"t understand the slackness and inaction in not establishing special purpose or dedicated quarantine centers outside or near the capital cities . How the authorities are expected to contain virulent strains of the covid in hotels in the middle of big cities seems implausible to me . B T W don 't tell Moondog but there has been an assistant health officer who apparently makes the occasional public covid announcement and not a bad sort too .

completely off topic but trust me when i say this is not what you want in the medium to long term. Australia as a whole needs to understand that a 0 covid case goal will just mean these stupid snap lockdowns continue to run and run.

sounds rough but what's needed is more covid cases and a harder longer lockdown across the country to make people realise this thing is dangerous. it is a thing that can affect their lives and perhaps its not a huge inconvenience to go and get a jab.

don't get me wrong i would love to live in wonderland as well where covid could be contained and wasn't a thing but I'm sure we can all agree that will be impossible.
A properly organised vaccination program might also help instead of this diabolically bad exercise we've witnessed over the past 12 months or so, I for one just want to get vaccinated and move on with my life, the way this thing is going I'll be in my grave before these idiots get their sh!t in a pile

A properly organised vaccination program might also help instead of this diabolically bad exercise we've witnessed over the past 12 months or so, I for one just want to get vaccinated and move on with my life, the way this thing is going I'll be in my grave before these idiots get their sh!t in a pile
Have faith my friend, had my second AZ yesterday, all good, let's get the footy going again, thanks PV

I have come around glad we get to play this weekend and footy back this afternoon.

The only 2 things

Our run of games
Sharks game Monday
Storm 5 days after sharks
Eels 7 days after storm
Raiders 6 days after eels

Win 3 /4 and our season is set up for top 4 shot.

Wish we weren't coming off a 5 day break against the storm who have 30 extra hours off than us.

Excited to see where the season heads from here.

Finally please no injuries in our sharks game tomorrow night I worry Suncorp will be a sand pit come tomorrow night just so much foot traffic on it over the next 2 days.
We will be the 7th game in 4 days and the 5th in 2days. They also played 2 games there last week. For anyone who’s ever walked on that stadium you will know how sandy it is even in perfect condition! Injuries tomorrow night are a legitimate concern. And the same for next sat where we will be the third game of the night. Can’t for the life of me understand why the Monday games can’t be played on the Gold Coast.

Fair comment but like now have had a few scares and uncertain times in hindsight . Bit of luck involved as well and hope that Queensland continues to get our fair share . Can"t understand the slackness and inaction in not establishing special purpose or dedicated quarantine centers outside or near the capital cities . How the authorities are expected to contain virulent strains of the covid in hotels in the middle of big cities seems implausible to me . B T W don 't tell Moondog but there has been an assistant health officer who apparently makes the occasional public covid announcement and not a bad sort too .
Quarantine centres have been held back because of scomo not the states.

As I understand it the states are all in charge of their own quarantine arrangements. That’s why Victoria was hammered during their major outbreak last year.

Just heard teams can’t warm up on the field at Suncorp to preserve the surface! They’ve acknowledged all these games will have an impact. Ffs move the games tomorrow to the Gold Coast. They go from a hotel to Suncorp in a bus, how’s it any different doing the same to the GC? Surely the nrl have raised this with the Qld government.

Just heard teams can’t warm up on the field at Suncorp to preserve the surface! They’ve acknowledged all these games will have an impact. Ffs move the games tomorrow to the Gold Coast. They go from a hotel to Suncorp in a bus, how’s it any different doing the same to the GC? Surely the nrl have raised this with the Qld government.
It's probably about keeping everything localised, one ground means less staff, less travel and only one bubble. For sure it was part of the negotiations with QLD government.

yeah realize that it is primarily a federal responsibility , Did not want to get too political but for sure compared with the ongoing costs of lock downs and disruptions and risk to people 's health and the clear advantage or benefit of dedicated quarantine facilities to reduce or curtail the harmful effects of the pandemic , pretty poor management .

Suncorp already looks like a dog track, it will be in dire straits by the time we play. I hope we don’t get any injuries. Surely they could have taken Monday’s games somewhere else.

Suncorp already looks like a dog track, it will be in dire straits by the time we play. I hope we don’t get any injuries. Surely they could have taken Monday’s games somewhere else.
Lil bit of wear and tear. Far from the worst conditions I've seen Rugby League played on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4