QLD Lockdown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not a fan of a 5-day turnaround heading into our biggest match of the season versus Melbourne, but it'll have to do I suppose.
Agree. I'm also not a fan of having to play the fifth of five matches over a two-day period at Suncorp. I know they routinely host "Magic Round" games there, but there's no way that turf is going to be in good shape after four games in a row.

We wont be out of lockdown till Christmas in NSW.

I'm considering giving myself a haircut....
Yeah I feel for you guys mate. My son actually wanted to do up a sign saying “shout out to all Manly fans in lockdown, stay strong” or words to that effect. Can’t remember exactly what it said. I was actually really proud of him. Kids always surprise ya. He’ll never share the Xbox with his brother but he’s thinking of manly fans in lockdown. Haha.

That’s rubbish, why didn’t they keep sunday’s Games and just move one of Saturday’s games to Sunday and the other 2 games to Monday. That way they only have to reschedule 3 games instead of 5 games
Because that might doesn’t fit the agenda of “how do we best disadvantage manly” here’s how, let’s play them in the last game of the weekend after 6 games have been played at Suncorp stadium and give them a 5 day break before playing the best team in the comp!

completely off topic but trust me when i say this is not what you want in the medium to long term. Australia as a whole needs to understand that a 0 covid case goal will just mean these stupid snap lockdowns continue to run and run.

sounds rough but what's needed is more covid cases and a harder longer lockdown across the country to make people realise this thing is dangerous. it is a thing that can affect their lives and perhaps its not a huge inconvenience to go and get a jab.

don't get me wrong i would love to live in wonderland as well where covid could be contained and wasn't a thing but I'm sure we can all agree that will be impossible.
I’m thinking very short term EOL and I do agree. (Don’t want the long lockdown tho). I’ve had my first vaccine as soon as I could with the second due in a week. My post was more reflecting my feelings that us up here in Bris have had a great opportunity to see the team play and now this happens.

Agree. I'm also not a fan of having to play the fifth of five matches over a two-day period at Suncorp. I know they routinely host "Magic Round" games there, but there's no way that turf is going to be in good shape after four games in a row.
It will be torn to shreds. It’s not just this weekend, they’ve been playing multiple games there each week. I’m actually legit worried about injuries. Why not play two games on the GC? Take a bus trip 1hr down the road. I applaud the work that’s occurred to get the games on, but I guarantee no thought has gone into anything outside appeasing the broadcasters.

Not everybody is hating the lockdown.I was talking to my son last night. He works at a mine in western NSW fly in fly out from Brisbane via Sydney, 20 days on 10 days off. He can't get back so he's going to do 50 days and he reckons that's great. Funny what makes some people happy.

think that it all revolves around the different categories or stages of lock downs , at least in Queensland . Yesterday apparently instigated stage 4 or whatever that means . As there is or can be up to a 8 or 10 day delay in symptoms being detected , hope that every measure is directed more to the cautious aspect . Even in my area of lower Nth Qld, there has been multiply flights every day from Brisbane for the past 8 or 10 days and hundreds of Brisbane originated passengers coming into the area and not to mention also by road . Who really knows the extent of the spread in the state even at this stage so surely of course every preventative measure should be applied even if there are a couple of inconsistencies along the way . Anyway , just grateful that the footy can resume and very hopefully ongoing , only one day delay in Manly playing and pretty inconsequential really in the circumstances .

think that it all revolves around the different categories or stages of lock downs , at least in Queensland . Yesterday apparently instigated stage 4 or whatever that means . As there is or can be up to a 8 or 10 day delay in symptoms being detected , hope that every measure is directed more to the cautious aspect . Even in my area of lower Nth Qld, there has been multiply flights every day from Brisbane for the past 8 or 10 days and hundreds of Brisbane originated passengers coming into the area and not to mention also by road . Who really knows the extent of the spread in the state even at this stage so surely of course every preventative measure should be applied even if there are a couple of inconsistencies along the way . Anyway , just grateful that the footy can resume and very hopefully ongoing , only one day delay in Manly playing and pretty inconsequential really in the circumstances .
Stage 4 lockdown was the NRL putting players into stage 4 not the government. This is the same lockdoen that we've had here before and like all the other lockdowns here you are allowed to continue to work. She ****ed up by saying footy couldn't continue and that's why she has backflipped overnight!

Stage 4 lockdown was the NRL putting players into stage 4 not the government. This is the same lockdoen that we've had here before and like all the other lockdowns here you are allowed to continue to work. She ****ed up by saying footy couldn't continue and that's why she has backflipped overnight!
The footy couldn’t continue because players were out and about in public and could of been exposed to the virus.The reason they’re back playing today is because all players have been moved back into level 4 protocol,been Covid tested and no doubt been given promises by the NRL

The footy couldn’t continue because players were out and about in public and could of been exposed to the virus.The reason they’re back playing today is because all players have been moved back into level 4 protocol,been Covid tested and no doubt been given promises by the NRL
She said all footy will be banned for the entire 3 days and now has backflipped! She should have known the AFL and NRL glad plans for thistyoe of situation but she jumped the gun and now looks silly by changing her mind! She should have had these discussions before blabbing her mouth!

She said all footy will be banned for the entire 3 days and now has backflipped! She should have known the AFL and NRL glad plans for thistyoe of situation but she jumped the gun and now looks silly by changing her mind! She should have had these discussions before blabbing her mouth!
To be balanced QLD has done extremely well through the whole covid saga. They have kept the comp going last year and this, so one time erring on the side of caution is not the end of anything in the big scheme of things.

To be balanced QLD has done extremely well through the whole covid saga. They have kept the comp going last year and this, so one time erring on the side of caution is not the end of anything in the big scheme of things.
The fact she backflipped within hours shows she ****ed up, its that simple! Qld hasn't kept the NRL going, its Vlandys! If QLD didn't take in the NRL there would have been several other options.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4