PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 5, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
One could be forgiven for thinking you're not in a good mood Mal, a splendid bottle of Rummy Port has done wonders for my Manly RLFC malaise, I can only suggest you give it a try, wonderful therapy ;=)
lol...I jumped on this evening and saw i had a few pages of this thread to catch up on, read through it all and came to the conclusion it was the same old stuff being rolled out as before!

So, what new game plan do you think the team might have on Friday night ???

Because it’s sure as **** the one they’ve used the last month isn’t working!!

Being positive , how do we win it ??
It's not a game plan Mark, I dont think we are capable of executing even a basic game plan right now...... But to start off we need to compete with real effort and determination. Focus on doing the simple things well. From the outside looking in it seems that our players have no confidence in their coach, their captain, their structures or in each other. Our key stats are garbage. We are not doing anything well. It's all crap. Yes it's a cliche but focus on the basics, and the rest will follow. At this stage I would settle for a close game, where all our players played for each other, and showed real pride for the Manly jersey, that they are ALL privileged to wear. Go Manly.

Last edited:
Des is like the guy who rocks up to the same nightclub every Saturday night, sees the same gorgeous leggy blonde at the bar and goes up and hits on her only to be shot down.

Next week, he sees the same blonde and hits on her using the same line he did the week before.

And next week. And the week after that.

Sadly, this will keep going until she kicks him in the jatz crackers. And even then it's still possible he might go back next week. Albeit with a bit of a limp.

You are describing a symptom of dementia.

Well just bought my ticket bay 30 next to our supporters bay will be on public transport a lot for this match. Brookvale Gosford and back all up 3 hours plus there and back.

come on boys I have been at a lot a games 2020, 2021 and have seen us get worse every game , last week was so hurtful.

I am making the effort , at least put up some fight.

I see warriors by a margin of 14-18 points on Friday. We will be close at half time and within striking distance but just won’t be able to finish off our chances.

You could always paint 'sack croker' on your chest and go for a streak.

- assuming it'd be cold so on your chest would be the safest option, to be able to read it. lolz

So my big question is do I bother making the trip up to Gosford on the train trip and transport probably 3 and bit hours for the whole trip there and back from the beaches to see us play live.

I normally not hesitate at all to go watch us play live but am getting sick and tired of watching us get beat every single week, last week was so depressing being at brookvale oval.

I know in my heart of hearts I will probably make the trip up but I just hope the boys put up some sort of fight.

If we lose by 20+ to that warriors team just hand us the spoon.
By Going to Gosford you are giving your self an opportunity to witness our first win and how good would that be !

You are also leading by example by being one of the great supporters that our team needs for inspiration and they need it now more than ever

The Warriors team have some players out and so it makes it an even playing field

The game will be won by loyal supporters like you and the coach that will be able to lift their team and inspire them for a win on the day

If I was not on night shift I would be there as well

Have a great day at the game @davohan123

Last edited:
Yes look as I have said Des obviously knows lots more than me but gee I am struggling to understand
I don’t think I’ve ever read so many ST members in unison, when it comes to who should be punted. That is a miracle in its self. I’ll say it for all of us for the 1,000,000th time
, "How the fuuck is Des not seeing this?!"

lol...I jumped on this evening and saw i had a few pages of this thread to catch up on, read through it all and came to the conclusion it was the same old stuff being rolled out as before!
Well I guess Mal when our coach does something ( anything really ) that’s different we might get to talk about some things that aren’t the same.

Currently it’s “ Same **** Different Day” ................ for both Des and us fans.

Alternatively YOU could start a different theme thread.

The second alternative is avoid Silvertails until we get a string of wins , and we “ might” be saying different things.

PS: I’m on a few of the popular Facebook pages , hardly ever say anything but guess what ??? They are EXACTLY the same.

As I say Des must know much better than us but I am struggling

No I dont think he does. The general consensus here is that his selection policy is poor, his defence tactics are poor, his attacking strategies are poor and I think they are right. We all know there are options out there and we all know Des should be making changes, but Mr Inertia blunders on. Someone stole the real Des Hasler back in 2013-14. He's been missing ever since.

So, what new game plan do you think the team might have on Friday night ???

Because it’s sure as **** the one they’ve used the last month isn’t working!!

Being positive , how do we win it ??
I think the odds have swung a bit, with injuries, confidence and a sneaky gut feeling the last 12 months and more of the same this season, in terms of the COVID disruption is getting tuff for the warriors, there is a small window of hope in Friday nights game.
Forget game plans, as that stuff is too hard for this mob at present
Bare it back with the kiss approach, it’s pretty obvious
hold the ball
complete our sets
compete for 80
tackle like your life depends on it
communicate, time to think and act like winners
work your balls off on the 1%er’s
Get someone in the sheds to fire them up and not in a kind way, (surely we have someone involved with the club that can deliver the stinging truth and get them to fire up) they need a good dose of reality, earn some respect or get the fuk out of our colours, bring some pride and passion back into our sheds.
No game plan, just get stuck in play for 80 with control and aggression and i honestly think if we stay in the grind we have a genuine shot. The warriors are not unbeatable, they are vulnerable this week for a number a reasons and we can seize the opportunity.

I think the odds have swung a bit, with injuries, confidence and a sneaky gut feeling the last 12 months and more of the same this season, in terms of the COVID disruption is getting tuff for the warriors, there is a small window of hope in Friday nights game.
Forget game plans, as that stuff is too hard for this mob at present
Bare it back with the kiss approach, it’s pretty obvious
hold the ball
complete our sets
compete for 80
tackle like your life depends on it
communicate, time to think and act like winners
work your balls off on the 1%er’s
Get someone in the sheds to fire them up and not in a kind way, (surely we have someone involved with the club that can deliver the stinging truth and get them to fire up) they need a good dose of reality, earn some respect or get the fuk out of our colours, bring some pride and passion back into our sheds.
No game plan, just get stuck in play for 80 with control and aggression and i honestly think if we stay in the grind we have a genuine shot. The warriors are not unbeatable, they are vulnerable this week for a number a reasons and we can seize the opportunity.
Well , let’s assume we get a win, does that turn our season around or do we just drop the bundle again the following week at Fortfail Brookvale v the Warriors?

I understand what you are saying

But we still have hope of a win even if Des does not change the team

Des can still change the teams attitude some how
Fitness and talent is what where lacking..des doing what he is doing to the same guys each week is like abuse lol..its breaking them esp parker jetski croker garrick saab...they are not up to it..you have a talented 6 in the making and what does des do throw him in the forwards..its crazy..did you hear schuster say in his interview its just good to be playing even if its 2nd row i guess..doesnt sound to happy..wasting his talent tackling in the 2nd row..but yeah as i was saying before schuster..no motivating can help these guys they just dont either have the talent fitness or are playing out of position and to top it off des doesnt have clue in the modern game

Fitness and talent is what where lacking..des doing what he is doing to the same guys each week is like abuse lol..its breaking them esp parker jetski croker garrick saab...they are not up to it..you have a talented 6 in the making and what does des do throw him in the forwards..its crazy..did you hear schuster say in his interview its just good to be playing even if its 2nd row i guess..doesnt sound to happy..wasting his talent tackling in the 2nd row..but yeah as i was saying before schuster..no motivating can help these guys they just dont either have the talent fitness or are playing out of position and to top it off des doesnt have clue in the modern game
I do not believe we are lacking fitness , We are lacking finesse and flair which comes from the confidence that we are lacking .

Confidence is an attitude thing . Over to Des !

I do not believe we are lacking fitness , We are lacking finesse and flair which comes from the confidence that we are lacking .

Confidence is an attitude thing . Over to Des !
Mate i understand you play the positive role..but sometimes you have to push that aside and be honest..these guys are unfit and about as agile as a giraffe in mud..confidence is not going to make say parker top try scorer cause he doesnt have the skill..confidence aint going to make croker play like smith..confidence is great when you have skillful players to work with and unfortunately alot of our team just dont have it

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8