PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 21, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Having home ground advantage over the fifth-placed Sea Eagles this week will provide little comfort to the Warriors, given they have won just two of eight games at Mt Smart this year.

Lets not forget that since we first played the Warriors at Mt Smart on 7 April 1995 (a 26-14 win for the mighty Sea Eagles), Manly have played the Warriors 14 times at the venue.....and we have won 11 of them. We haven't lost there since Round 13 of 2013. An 18-16 loss.

We've actually beaten the Warriors 12 of 15 times in Auckland when you count the win at Eden Park in Round 1 of 2012.

Manly have played the Auckland/NZ Warriors 17 times in New Zealand (twice in Christchurch). We've won 13 of those games.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matches/Custom/MTQtLS0tLS0tLS0tLTEwLS1uLS0tLS0tLS0=

On paper Fullback is the only position that is even a close matchup. We are all over them from 2-17. Only thing in their favour is their desperation. If we crush their hopes early we will put on a big score. Manly by 30.

On paper Fullback is the only position that is even a close matchup. We are all over them from 2-17. Only thing in their favour is their desperation. If we crush their hopes early we will put on a big score. Manly by 30.

Desperation is a key word here

Let us not forget how passionate our team is this season and how Desperate they are to win this years title

We have not busted our arses to come this far so we can be out enthused by other teams including the Warriors .

We are going all the way feathered friend . All the way to Grand final day !

I tend not to have many expectations about our game results this season, except that Manly will put in a good effort week to week - which they have they done most of the year. It has been a good ride thus far, most supporters having low expectations at the beginning of the year and have been pleasantly surprised by increasingly good performances. The team has resilience & self belief (not cockiness) and they have the ability to fight back even when behind on the scoreboard. Manly's forwards are the equal to or better than other packs in the NRL. They may be dominated for short periods, but generally not for an entire game. We have two absolute stars in Tom & DCE, with the remainder of the back line fulfilling their roles admirably. Over the last 3 games, Manly's kicking game has gone up a level - DCE is gaining many more metres in field position and is often finding open space (unlike earlier in the year). Walker's kicking close to the opposition try line is developing into a great attacking weapon.

I feel the Warriors have been unlucky in many games this year. When their forwards get a roll on, they have wonderful attacking flair stemming from keeping the ball alive. Their season more-or-less ended two weeks ago against the Eels and I think their poor form last week against the Raiders reflected their disappointment. They are very unpredictable and perhaps this week will play with a cavalier attitude and score a few tries. In which case, it could be a very entertaining game. Then again, it could be a one sided game in our favour - will wait and see....

Last edited:
I tend not to have many expectations about our game results this season, except that Manly will put in a good effort week to week - which they have they done most of the year. It has been a good ride thus far, most supporters having low expectations at the beginning of the year and have been pleasantly surprised by increasingly good performances. The team has resilience & self belief (not cockiness) and they have the ability to fight back even when behind on the scoreboard. Manly's forwards are the equal to or better than other packs in the NRL. They may be dominated for short periods, but generally not for an entire game. We have two absolute stars in Tom & DCE, with the remainder of the back line fulfilling their roles admirably. Over the last 3 games, Manly's kicking game has gone up a level - DCE is gaining many more metres in field position and is often finding open space (unlike earlier in the year). Walker's kicking close to the opposition try line is developing into a great attacking weapon.

I feel the Warriors have been unlucky in many games this year. When their forwards get a roll on, they have wonderful attacking flair stemming from keeping the ball alive. Their season more-or-less ended two weeks ago against the Eels and I think their poor form last week against the Raiders reflected their disappointment. They are very unpredictable and perhaps this week will play with a cavalier attitude and score a few tries. In which case, it could be a very entertaining game. Then again, it could a one sided game in our favour - will wait and see....
I like that 40- nil name of yours feathered friend

We will come out the blocks in this one. Slow start against the knights last week, Des won't let that happen 2 weeks in a row. Warriors are down on troops in keys positions that will really hurt their chances of making any fight of it. Tommy MOM im predicting

The difference in the way we are playing compared to a few weeks ago is our under rated spine
It is working so smoothly at the moment I just can’t wait to see how the remaining teams try to stop us
The Warriors will be like a training run, Tom will be back to his best
The Tigers will be more of the same ,but another win at home
Raiders away and storm at home will be the perfect preparation leading into the finals
By the end I expect the level of interest in our spine will be sky high

Going to be very wet and very cold. We've been playing day games mostly plus with a short preparation we'll be pretty flat and lethargic. This is a very hard game for the boys to get up for. Warriors will throw it around. RTS a double. Warriors x 6.

I can’t see them beating us in wet weather. We will bully their pack

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Ben Cummins
Referee

Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Referee

Tim Roby
Touch Judge

Kasey Badger
Touch Judge

Bryan Norrie
Video Referee

Henry Perenara
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We haven't escaped Hairy Pairofarseholes. This week he is our games Senior Review Official so we will most likely be screwed over yet again by the Vidiot Box.
LOLOLOL.........love it mate. Hairy Pairofarseholes lolol.

We will come out the blocks in this one. Slow start against the knights last week, Des won't let that happen 2 weeks in a row. Warriors are down on troops in keys positions that will really hurt their chances of making any fight of it. Tommy MOM im predicting
We did score the first two tries last week after a brutal game in Melbourne... but our second half was much better.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6