PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 21, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Warriors are set to take a depleted side into Friday night's crucial match against Manly as injuries to key players present another challenge to their already slim play-off hopes.

After being forced from the field with an ankle injury just 20 minutes into last week's 46-12 drubbing at the hands of the Raiders, five-eighth Kodi Nikorima didn't train on Tuesday.

It is the second time Nikorima has suffered an injury to his left ankle in the space of three weeks, and should he fail to recover rookie Chanel Harris-Tavita – who scored two tries off the bench against the Raiders – is set to earn his seventh start in the halves.

Hooker Karl Lawton (shoulder) didn't take part in contact on Tuesday, leaving reserve-grade half Adam Keighran to run at dummy half alongside Jazz Tevaga.

Playmaker Blake Green confirmed they are preparing for that to be their hooking rotation against the Sea Eagles.

"Our top three hookers aren't playing which isn't ideal," Green said.

"We have got a different sort of pairing at nine this week and hopefully they do a really good job.

"We have got Jazz in there this week, but obviously his preferred position is 13 so he hasn't got the same amount of reps in slinging the ball from dummy half as the other boys. It's not his natural go.

"It probably just changes the width we have been playing with.

"Obviously we need a little bit of luck to keep everyone on the field. But that's how it's gone for us, we have just got to deal with it and move on."

Coach Stephen Kearney looks likely to make changes to the backline as well, with veteran centre Blake Ayshford not training with the NRL group on Tuesday and Gerard Beale moving from wing to centre.

Rookie Adam Pompey, who made his Telstra Premiership debut last month, is set to come in on the right wing as Ayshford's replacement.

Having home ground advantage over the fifth-placed Sea Eagles this week will provide little comfort to the Warriors, given they have won just two of eight games at Mt Smart this year.

The run of six straight defeats at the venue equals the worst run in club history, and Green said he was at a loss to explain the poor form in Auckland.

"Maybe we change the name of the stadium? Put the away strip on?" Green said.

"I don't know what it is, if it's just coincided with some poor performances that have been at home and good performances have been away."

The Warriors sit three points outside the eight and any slim hope they have of playing finals will be extinguished if they go down to Manly, and forward Isaiah Papali'i said there is also a desire to make amends after the Sea Eagles thrashed them 46-12 back in round three.

"It goes back to when we were in Christchurch against Manly at the start of the year. I think it's a personal battle for all of us and that's what we will be bringing to the game," Papali'i told NRL.com.

"Even though it wasn't at Mt Smart, that loss was still on our home soil, so we want to make it right.

"After last Friday's game we also want to show that that's not us as a footy team."

index.jpg

if we are switched in for this one it could be a cricket score.

I think we should get Ian chapel to sit next to the fox NRL commentators just to give our blokes that cricket match atmosphere

I can see Tom Turbo hitting the Warriors for a six

Nikorima out as expected - they’re certainly down on troops. We need to be ruthless here.

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)

2 GERARD BEALE

3 PETA HIKU

4 BLAKE AYSHFORD

5 KEN MAUMALO

6 CHANEL HARRIS-TAVITA

7 BLAKE GREEN

8 AGNATIUS PAASI

9 JAZZ TEVAGA

10 LEESON AH MAU

11 ADAM BLAIR

12 ISAIAH PAPALI’I

13 LACHLAN BURR

Interchange:

14 ADAM KEIGHRAN

15 SAM LISONE

16 BUNTY AFOA

17 LIGI SAO

18 JOSH CURRAN

20 ADAM POMPEY

21 HAYZE PERHAM

22 LEIVAHA PULU

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler has named his team to play the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium on Friday night.

1 Tom Trbojevic

2 Jorge Taufua

3 Brad Parker

4 Moses Suli

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Dylan Walker

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Addin Fonua-Blake

9 Apisai Koroisau

10 Martin Taupau

11 Joel Thompson

12 Curtis Sironen

13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14 Manase Fainu

15 Corey Waddell

16 Morgan Boyle

17 Taniela Paseka

18 Jack Gosiewski

19 Lachlan Croker

20 Brendan Elliot

21 Lloyd Perrett

Blacktown Workers team

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/08/06/blacktown-workers-team-to-play-magpies/

Manly Jersey Flegg team

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/08/06/manly-team-to-play-warriors/

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Ben Cummins
Referee

Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Referee

Tim Roby
Touch Judge

Kasey Badger
Touch Judge

Bryan Norrie
Video Referee

Henry Perenara
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We haven't escaped Hairy Pairofarseholes. This week he is our games Senior Review Official so we will most likely be screwed over yet again by the Vidiot Box.

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Ben Cummins
Referee

Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Referee

Tim Roby
Touch Judge

Kasey Badger
Touch Judge

Bryan Norrie
Video Referee

Henry Perenara
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We haven't escaped Hairy Pairofarseholes. This week he is our games Senior Review Official so we will most likely be screwed over yet again by the Vidiot Box.

FMD, can we get one week without this ****ing tool????!

Manly by 8.
Warriors are depleted and desperate and embarrassed and Manly will try hard to blow them away but I suspect it will be a bit closer than we would prefer. But a win by 8 or less won't bother me at all, at this time of year a win is a win.

Lol Kearney sprays them then bags them post match then doesn’t drop anyone, worst coach of then NRL era by a country mile

Good news for us, Tevaga is woeful at hooker and completely kills their attack which has been awful as it was

Manly by 8.
Warriors are depleted and desperate and embarrassed and Manly will try hard to blow them away but I suspect it will be a bit closer than we would prefer. But a win by 8 or less won't bother me at all, at this time of year a win is a win.
The next 2 weeks I would take both wins by 8
How many times have we played sides coming off big defeats this season a number of them.
Warriors will be desperate and tigers next Thursday at brookvale oval are going for 5 in a row against us ,they have the wood over us.
As you said a win is a win and that is what we need.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8