PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Tigers v Manly [Round 7, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not confident at all here. It's games like this where we are favourites against a hot n cold side like Tigpies that we manage to f**k up. I'm guessing a major refereeing screw up will cost us but we blow plenty of chances through over confidence. Tigpies x 8.
Hopefully, this turns out to be a case of what used to happen here ten years ago.
@mickqld tips against - Manly win!

Pretty much had the game in hand last time against the Tigpies until the final stages and some ill disciplined play . Hopefully Manly have a bit more composure now with Foz running the show more and with the inclusion of Turbo this time must surely help their chances . A repeat of the defensive effort against the Titans and some controlled footy should give them a real shot of making it 3 in a row .

Adam Doueihi always plays out of his skin against us. He's the one I'd be keeping an eye on at all times.
He is the danger man for sure, but he can go missing badly at times too, the key is not to let him into the game, we need to do a similar type job on him as we did on Fifita, shut him out early and don’t give him the opportunity to build his game, I hope our back 3 have been practicing under the high ball this week, he has a deadly high ball. Leilua, Nofoaluma, Laurie are all obvious danger man and Zane Musgrove really stood out to me last weekend.

Not confident at all here. It's games like this where we are favourites against a hot n cold side like Tigpies that we manage to f**k up. I'm guessing a major refereeing screw up will cost us but we blow plenty of chances through over confidence. Tigpies x 8.
I hear you here, it’s been a issue for far to long at our club, how many times over the years have we dropped games we not just should of won but we’re warm favourites. It’s definitely been a case of arrogance and bad attitude, (over confidence if you prefer) I say that because more often than not we can get up for games against better quality opponents, but these type of games is where seasons are won and lost against lesser sides, how many times has a side missed the 8 by a game or 2 and therefore lost the opportunity to get the job done? this game is more important than next week, every games 2 points, but we want the points this week first, i would hope Des address‘s the need to be hungry for the 2 regardless who we play and perhaps points out that we have let ourselves down in the past in games like this (ie last years game would be a perfect example and good motivation point) we need to find consistency week in week out, with a killer type win at all costs attitude regardless who we play, it’s one aspect of our game, our culture thats pissed me off for years, i want to see us do a demolition on the tigepies like we did to the Titans, but it won’t happen if we don’t play with hunger and respect, they are fully capable of dishing us up a dose of reality, best we feed it to them instead. Revenge is best served with aggression, our pack will dominate again this weekend and it’s a manly win for me.

I'm nervous about only 1 thing here - the early ref legups, to help them establish momentum, which is hard to win back.
I will say also, no real excuses as the Best teams would be able to combat the BS and still belt up a side of Tigers standards....this game is a true indicator if last week was a turning point, or simply a terrible Titan's performance....

I just don’t see where the tigers get over the top of us tbh. On paper they are such an average side who really should be favorites for the spoon with the dogs.
manly 38
Tigers 16
It’s not just about the list waz, there’s a couple of points that worry me, the biggest one is there 80 and how strong they are towards the end of games, I know we smashed the Titans but we were gassed towards the end of the first half, it’s hard to say much about the second given it was over and the rain stemmed the flow of the game a little. The tiges got us with a strong finish last year, they came home all over south’s last week, we need to be very mindful of the last 10 in both halves, I bet Mage saw our fatigue last week and he knows his side is full of running, they will be all about defence early as they don’t have a lot of structure offensively anyway, more ad lib of the back of the ball movement and legs, they will up tempo on us late in each half, play for a bit luck off Doueili‘s boot, they are way better than spooners and if we don’t respect this game they’ll be there to punish us. It’s pretty simple we turn up and play for 80, we win the battle up front, which lets our attack flow, stay structured and work hard for each other in defensive for 80 and it’s ours. It was interesting to hear someone say they prepared for 90 last week, can’t remember who said but, it’s an awesome approach and makes sure your in the 80 each week.

Last edited:
So you no longer rate Souths as one of the best teams? If you missed it, they did beat the Tigpies last week but I wouldn't say they belted them up, lol
Exactly, they almost had their pants pulled down, in fact I think south’s were very lucky to get points, the Tigepie‘s will come believing they will get us, their forwards stood up against souths pack, i certainly don’t under estimate them, they are a dangerous side on their day, they just somehow can’t find consistency themselves, I think they lack a game manager, Hastings will be huge for them next year and simpkin showed his one to watch last week, we just need to do our job for the 80 and I think it will be crucial how Des manages our bench.

So you no longer rate Souths as one of the best teams? If you missed it, they did beat the Tigpies last week but I wouldn't say they belted them up, lol
That's probably a great example actually - Tigers played out their skin after the embarrassing debacle against Cowgirls the week before....got every decision and played to close to 100% of their ability against a "flat" Souths , who still at 60% were able to do enough to win.....if Manly can't get the 2 points, shows still a way off the better sides...a solid win and look forward to the Penrith game....

Last edited:
It’s simple for Desmond......instil into the boys heads that all they need to do is play the same as last week. Minimise errors, quick play the balls, keep their heads, defence...... the rest will follow. Yes we lost last year but we were leading & then stupid errors crept in....plus they had Benji! No nonsense football & we can repeat another Titans demolition!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8