PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Tigers v Manly [Round 7, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For what its worth, as best i can see the last time Manly won 3 games in a row that didn't include a Brookie win, was in Rd20 to Rd 22 in 2013. Of course in truth the last time Manly won 3 in a row away from Brookie ended with the 2013 grand final.

R20AWests Tigers
36 (6-6-0)​
18 (3-3-0)​
W​
Campbelltown
11162​
29-Jul-2013​
R21AParramatta
40 (7-6-0)​
6 (1-1-0)​
W​
Parramatta
11232​
03-Aug-2013​
R22HNew Zealand
27 (5-3-1)​
12 (2-2-0)​
W​
Grahame
12090​
11-Aug-2013​

Just hope last weekend wasnt a one game wonder. I was most impressed with the forwards. Croker finally woke up and had a top game. Foran, Schuster, Turbo and DCE all played well and with an unpredictable edge which Manly has been missing for a long while. Harper was impressive and Saab's speed was worth a couple of replays Yep they done good. But they need to do it several weeks running to show they are on the way back. Boy, what a player that Turbo is. Surely he must be near being seen as the most influential player in the game at this time.

How about he deserves to play where the coach thinks he best benefits the team?
Not to mention, he's actually killing it as a second rower.
Funny really, as I recall most of ST wanted him at 5/8, some said lock, some said bench, some said centre, 1 even said fullback (not sure if that was in jest), but seriously not many if any advocated for Schu at 2nd row yet he is getting better each week.
Not saying he can't or won't be 5/8.
I will give it to Des... he obviously tagged him as his future Glen Stewart early on... only reason he could have to sign foran in front of him at 6...

Seems like it has the potential to be a master stroke as he has played a key creative role on the edges that we have been missing since Sirro started spending more time on the sideline then he does on the field...

I will give it to Des... he obviously tagged him as his future Glen Stewart early on... only reason he could have to sign foran in front of him at 6...

Seems like it has the potential to be a master stroke as he has played a key creative role on the edges that we have been missing since Sirro started spending more time on the sideline then he does on the field...

And yet in interview he clearly indicted that he is a No 6 and that the lack of good second rowers at present was one of the main reason he is in the second row.

Thoughts on the Tigers team ??

Lucy Leilua their most damaging runner. But no harder to contain than Fifiat which we managed well on the weekend. Doueihi seems to be their dominant half and has a decent kicking game from the couple of games I've seen. Roberts horribly out of form and Chee Kam filling in at the other centre, so we shouldn't have a big task there. Nofo gets through plenty of work so need to kick away from him I reckon.

We should be able to match their forwards and I assume Vera will be up for a big game against his old club.

I'm actually confident of a win for the first time this year

Thoughts on the Tigers team ??

Lucy Leilua their most damaging runner. But no harder to contain than Fifiat which we managed well on the weekend. Doueihi seems to be their dominant half and has a decent kicking game from the couple of games I've seen. Roberts horribly out of form and Chee Kam filling in at the other centre, so we shouldn't have a big task there. Nofo gets through plenty of work so need to kick away from him I reckon.

We should be able to match their forwards and I assume Vera will be up for a big game against his old club.

I'm actually confident of a win for the first time this year
On paper we should win this game convincingly. But honestly it’s a coin toss as you don’t know what tigers team will front. I’d look to target Talau with our kicking game. Usually a Centre playing on the wing. Their right hand D has to be vulnerable with Jet, talau and ofengaue. We can and should also roll through their middle. Hooker playing his second game and their front row rotation pales in comparison to ours. When you look at the teams head to head it’s hard to see where they beat us. But it’s wests......

And yet in interview he clearly indicted that he is a No 6 and that the lack of good second rowers at present was one of the main reason he is in the second row.
Yeah but to start with he challenged the reporters assertion that it was not Josh's natural position... and then he relented, as tho he thought better of pushing that line...

...it was weird from Des...

Yeah but to start with he challenged the reporters assertion that it was not Josh's natural position... and then he relented, as tho he thought better of pushing that line...

...it was weird from Des...
Josh's "natural position" has been backrow, 5/8 and centre thus far in his career.
I suspect that by having Foran around and having him play backrow Des is working to concoct Killer 2.0...bigger, faster and stronger than the original...and I would bet he is loving it.
That's what mad scientists do right?

Well he is studying, doing a Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice. So once the footy career is over, don't be surprised to see him appear on LA LAW or Law & Order.

Well I hope he's better at putting either police prosecutors or crims to the legal sword than he is at bamboozling opposition players.

Josh's "natural position" has been backrow, 5/8 and centre thus far in his career.
I suspect that by having Foran around and having him play backrow Des is working to concoct Killer 2.0...bigger, faster and stronger than the original...and I would bet he is loving it.
That's what mad scientists do right?
All Josh is missing is the bolts in his neck.... MEW HA HA HA HAAAAA
@:D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8