PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Storm v Manly [Round 16, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
In the recent game (v. Knights?) when Hoppa was selected in the 21, there was a lot of speculation whether he would debut. I wasn't surprised he was cut from the squad the day before the match as this has been Des's MO in the past, e.g. Funa was selected 2-3 times in the 21 at the end of last season but never made the 17. Similarly, Cust was selected a few times in the 21 in 2019 before he made the 17.

It seems Des is concerned about Hoppa's welfare and would prefer to ease him into the NRL. Thus, it could be that Jack starts in the centres with the plan to debut Hoppa off the bench at some time in the match. If Hoppa or another outside back is not selected in the 17, it will unbalance the side if an outside back is injured - necessitating 2 back rowers in the centres (again). I think this may be the most compelling reason why Hoppa will be selected in the 17. Then again, I won't be totally surprised is he left right out (again) :)

According to the boys’ insta stories they seem to be having a bonding poker night at Brookie in the chairman’s lounge tonight. I honestly think COVID bubble restrictions would’ve had a huge impact on players all across the NRL so it’s nice to see the club organising something like that. Will be even nicer if this bonding session proves to work this week!! :p

The Storm have a more dominant spine
The Storm have more pace in their back line
The storm have a more methodical forward pack
The Sea eagles have their dignity on the line and if they play this game as if their dignity and honour is on the line than they can soar high like the Sea eagle on their Jerseys and rise to the occasion
*The Spirit of Manly to find a way and win *
Go the Mighty Sea eagles !!!
6877fdbf92709bd01429cf8cd36d4475 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Storm bench is a bit light on I've just noticed, got two backs in Hynes and Earl there. They lose a forward to HIA or injury and they might run out of legs in the middle. Unless Hynes is cover for Munster. I can't see that staying as their bench at kick off, be interested to see who gets cut 24hrs out

On the bright side every game that Scam plays means it is one game closer to his retirement and us not having to listen to the Scam jizz fest every week.

Even though he'll probably end up on the tv in some capacity, it'll be a happy day for me when he retires.

Hopefully Bellamy goes at 2021 as well.

According to the boys’ insta stories they seem to be having a bonding poker night at Brookie in the chairman’s lounge tonight. I honestly think COVID bubble restrictions would’ve had a huge impact on players all across the NRL so it’s nice to see the club organising something like that. Will be even nicer if this bonding session proves to work this week!! :p

Nothing like a bonding night, alcohol and fisties to get a footy team relaxed. ;)

Code word for mad monday came early. Yeah the boys

i hope our backline will look like this come kick off... we wont win anyway so might as well get them a game together. We can win the last 4 games ihmo if we have the right backline selected..

1. Hoppa
2. Miski
3. Parker
4. Funa
5. Garrick
keep going with
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Cust
10. M Tapau
11. C Sironen