PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Penrith v Manly [Round 12, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The biggest rumour I'm hearing about tonight is that Miski will be replaced by Anderson who will make his debut at fullback, Elliot will play centre with Garrick moving back to his wing.

I guess we'll find out tonight. But from what I have also heard, Boyle is definitely out with a virus and Perrett will be in on the bench for what might well be his Manly first grade swansong (not that he's leaving the club after the game, but with others coming back in he'll probably be back to Blacktown and won't get another go unless we have a forwards injury crisis).

Ah good ole Lloyd Perrett. I know I keep saying this but some games he plays slower than Nate Myles and in others he looks unstoppable. One such game was against Penrith in round 26, 2017. He has some good footwork late at the line for a big guy and can throw some high quality offloads when he's all but wrapped up.

Yep ... he is a box of chocolates .... this may be his only shot at getting a decent offer from someone for next year ....

The biggest rumour I'm hearing about tonight is that Miski will be replaced by Anderson who will make his debut at fullback, Elliot will play centre with Garrick moving back to his wing.
Kinda makes sense. I've liked what I've seen of Miski so far but if they want to give Anderson a shot at the fullback spot, this is probably the way to do it.

Place your bets ladies and gentlemen. Place your bets.

In Manly's two FTA games so far this season we have had around 15 minutes out of the total hour in Nein's pre-game discussion dedicated to us with the rest for our opponents.

What will we get tonight? 5 minutes? 10? 15? Remember its a Penrith home game.

3-1 on 5 ladies and gentlemen. Place your bets now, place your bets.

This is a joke. Gamble responsibly @:p

Couple minutes on Daly and jake in origin, maybe a touch on walker, Marty/afb and the lineup.

the rest on Maloney and the horrific injury toll for the panthers. Oh and also their win against parra.

54-6 to the panthers, minutes-wise including ads.

In Manly's two FTA games so far this season we have had around 15 minutes out of the total hour in Nein's pre-game discussion dedicated to us with the rest for our opponents.

It will all be on SOO as will every other footy show :banghead:

Plus is DWZ out of favour yadda, yadda, yadda

Manly winning will be a great salve to this affront :rock:

5 degrees out of the wind tonight, probably about freezing with these strong SW winds we've been having all week @:eek:

It makes sense.

Suli and Parker are out for the next few weeks and Tom is back next week apparently.

So why not give Elliot (a utility back) a run at centre? At the moment he is likely to be there for the next few games anyway. It also keeps Taufua, Walker and Garrick in their positions.

As for Anderson, he hasn't exactly been a standout in Canterbury Cup rhis year, but good luck to him if Des gives him a run tonight.

I reckon Anderson would be blooded on the wing, too much pressure for a debutant to play FB IMO.

Elliot was training from the pre-season to be back up FB & is very safe under the high ball, plus in the BWSE game against Newtown a couple of weeks ago, Anderson's defence at FB was lacking somewhat, Newtown ran several second half tries in past him & his attempted tackles were pretty weak (when he actually attempted them).

Very very much doubt they’d debut young Anderson at fullback, that’s a recipe to destroy a kids career in one game.

He’d be on the wing or still in Blacktown!!

Penrith tightening in the betting, although not sure if that is a real indicator or not.

Think my footy tip is safe!!

I reckon Anderson would be blooded on the wing, too much pressure for a debutant to play FB IMO.

Elliot was training from the pre-season to be back up FB & is very safe under the high ball, plus in the BWSE game against Newtown a couple of weeks ago, Anderson's defence at FB was lacking somewhat, Newtown ran several second half tries in past him & his attempted tackles were pretty weak (when he actually attempted them).
Have to agree with this. Don’t think it’s Dessie’s style to move a bloke who has done a remarkable job filling a very big set of shoes. If Anderson has a shocker at fullback we will lose. Ordinary game on the wing and it’s not so telling.

Can’t see the advantage of him playing at all to be honest. We have a guy doing a good safe job at fullback and Miski has shown he goes pretty good.Is Anderson that good that we need to make this unforced change in such a vital game after so many forced changes every week? I don’t think so but the mail seems strong he’s in . I hope it’s onnthe wing. Maybe Miskis injured and it’s a straight swap. That would be my guess.

But of course it will be about the penny panthers and how decimated by injury they are, Maloney and RCG to prove a point to not being selected for the blues, how good Cleary was last week, their back to back wins against their opponents tonight (who shall not be mentioned) will get them back on track to the top 8, blah blah blah.........
This HoldenV8 will also be occuring over on Fox too I can assure you.

We have a pretty poor record out there not confident at all. Although to date we have won the games that we weren’t expected to win. So here’s hoping.

But of course it will be about the penny panthers and how decimated by injury they are, Maloney and RCG to prove a point to not being selected for the blues, how good Cleary was last week, their back to back wins against their opponents tonight (who shall not be mentioned) will get them back on track to the top 8, blah blah blah.........
This HoldenV8 will also be occuring over on Fox too I can assure you.

Yes Fox won’t be much different.

But they are a little fairer on the amount of time given to each side in the lead up.

But it still really pisses me off how ****ing biased the commentators can be at times.

Chan 9 is terrible , woeful even but thank goodness I rarely have to watch their dribble.

Oh ****, State of Origin , oh well **** happens!!

With TT back in two weeks what’s the benefit of Anderson having a crack at fullback in a vital game? He’s third in the pecking order in the one jersey and is hardly likely to play more than two games this year in that position. Not much upside and plenty to lose. We lose tonight and we are back in the bunfight for the eight big time.
Not saying the kid is no good , he could be a real talent but the circumstances don’t scream out for him to be picked at one. Also remember that Garrick came here as a centre.

Our bench will likely be:

Fainu
Gosiewski
Paseka
Perrett

If nothing else there is some size on there!
Id feel better if one of Paseka or Perrett started.

No Jurbo either, just can't afford the experience of AFB and Kapow being off the field at the same time tonight.

Interesting game.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8