PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Parramatta v Manly [Round 25, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des will come up with a competitive team. Tonight was a one off. But in reality tonight’s done us in. Can’t compete with that lot out. We rarely win without Tom. Won 4 from 12 with him out.

I’d like to see Funa get a go. Suli/ Parker without Tom just don’t have enough strike and we need to address that next year as every chance Tommy misses a chunk of time next season now it’s confirmed it’s a rupture

Won’t happen this time of year for good reason but I’d love to see what he’s got

Des will come up with a competitive team. Tonight was a one off. But in reality tonight’s done us in. Can’t compete with that lot out. We rarely win without Tom. Won 4 from 12 with him out.

I’d like to see Funa get a go. Suli/ Parker without Tom just don’t have enough strike and we need to address that next year as every chance Tommy misses a chunk of time next season now it’s confirmed it’s a rupture

Won’t happen this time of year for good reason but I’d love to see what he’s got

Hopefully Tom T has a six month recovery and is back for the start of next season.

The biggest consideration is if we choose to rest players.

If souths win on Thursday then a home final is locked in. The game vs Parra is essentially a dead rubber.

Even if souths loose by a small amount, then the we would need to towel the squeals to make the top 4. We may jsut accept the home final.

Do we make the decision to rest key players such as DCE.
Also if Raiders lose this wk we could still jump them by beating eels although Raiders do play warriors next wk so cant see them losing that one. Hopefully Roosters put a number on the bunnies and we would need a good win against eels to secure a top 4 finish

My YART if Souths win and we choose to rest players.

1. Elliot
2 Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Crocker
7. Cust
8. Paseka (giving AFB less game time)
9. Fainu (either way, whoever Des wants to play bigger minutes in FW1 comes off the bench)
10. Perret/Keppie (giving Marty less game time, he was also)
11. Jetski or Waddell (if Jetski is injured)
12. Siro (needs game time post injury)
13. Jake (cause he refuses to rest, but wouldnt play him 80 mins).

14. Api
15. Marty
16. AFB
17. Perret/Keppie/Waddell

I will assume that Boyle is out.

I’m numb watching the lion king (first one) with my kids. I can’t help but think we have two games left this year.

Also if Raiders lose this wk we could still jump them by beating eels although Raiders do play warriors next wk so cant see them losing that one. Hopefully Roosters put a number on the bunnies and we would need a good win against eels to secure a top 4 finish

That's true, but I cant see the raiders dropping 2 games.

The gummies have alot to play for so they may turn up tommorrow, but the raiders are playing well.

The warriors have nothing left to play for other than being home wreckers.

Not saying it wont happen (cause unlucky sh!t happens to the raiders), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

My YART if Souths win and we choose to rest players.

1. Elliot
2 Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Crocker
7. Cust
8. Paseka (giving AFB less game time)
9. Fainu (either way, whoever Des wants to play bigger minutes in FW1 comes off the bench)
10. Perret/Keppie (giving Marty less game time, he was also)
11. Jetski or Waddell (if Jetski is injured)
12. Siro (needs game time post injury)
13. Jake (cause he refuses to rest, but wouldnt play him 80 mins).

14. Api
15. Marty
16. AFB
17. Perret/Keppie/Waddell

I will assume that Boyle is out.

Tell anyone pre season that's a top 4 side they'd laugh at you. But i'd give them a chance against anyone but storm/roosters.

And I reckon we'll see more about the wages in the years coming for the former.

FB - Brendan Elliot
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Moses Suli
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Dylan Walker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Api Koroisau
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Corey Waddell*
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic

BE - Manase Fainu
BE - Lloyd Perrett*
BE - Sean Keppie / Haumole Olakau'atu*
BE - Taniela Paseka

* if Jetski and Boyle are out.

Since we know what we know, I'd also be tempted to start Fainu with Api either to the bench or replaced by Croker.

Set the team for game 1 of the finals...
We need 4 wins from there.
No need to panic yet.... lets try a few things and have a crack....early in 2019 we were given zero chances so lets have a swing and try bring home a Premiership against all odds......”So take a look at me naahow”

The biggest consideration is if we choose to rest players.

If souths win on Thursday then a home final is locked in. The game vs Parra is essentially a dead rubber.

Even if souths loose by a small amount, then the we would need to towel the squeals to make the top 4. We may jsut accept the home final.

Do we make the decision to rest key players such as DCE.
No ,never ,we need to build from last night ,we need to win next week at all costs.

FB - Brendan Elliot
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Moses Suli
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Dylan Walker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Api Koroisau
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Corey Waddell*
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic

BE - Manase Fainu
BE - Lloyd Perrett*
BE - Taniela Paseka

Since we know what we know, I'd also be tempted to start Fainu with Api either to the bench or replaced by Croker.
I like this ,we can win games with this team ,need Des to get back in their heads this week.
Totally agree with Api ,still should be there ,but i would have him on only for 15 mins in the middle.
This new look team is going to need to find attack somewhere and Api and his slow high passing doesnt provide FA attack.

TBH, if I was the coach I wouldn't be making wholesale changes to the side after tonight's game.

Yes we're going to need another fullback, but that will be Elliot.

We might be needing another back rower depending on Jetski and how bad his knee is. He was bent over backwards when Chambers hit him. Problem is with Thommo not available, who comes in? Perrett is the likely replacement for Boyle if he's out, but who else do we have as a back row cover? Some have suggested T-Rex, but he's not in the squad (and despite what the NRL have ruled lately, who knows if they'd let us play him anyway). As it is we don't actually have another back row cover who has actually played first grade before.

If anything, the only unforced change I might make would be to start Fainu.

If Fainu doesn’t start there is something wrong. You get one chance in knockout semis. Playing API for 30 minutes and not scoring as is usually the case is a dangerous move. Bring him on to protect a lead at the backend or to rest Fainu either side of half time. We are a different side with him on the field. It’s very frustrating to watch.

FB - Brendan Elliot
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Moses Suli
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Dylan Walker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Api Koroisau
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Corey Waddell*
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic

BE - Manase Fainu
BE - Lloyd Perrett*
BE - Taniela Paseka

Agree with this team, satisfies the top 30/development squad also. Sean Keppie has been playing well.

Don't want T-Rex in the side - I still think he is way too lazy for first grade. Would love to see an exemption made for Andy Saunders to come and play.

Team list Tuesday shall be interesting!

Agree with this team, satisfies the top 30/development squad also. Sean Keppie has been playing well.

Don't want T-Rex in the side - I still think he is way too lazy for first grade. Would love to see an exemption made for Andy Saunders to come and play.

Team list Tuesday shall be interesting!
Yeah I like the look of Keppie. Strong defender and seems a worker in defence. Wont break a game open too often but he'll do his job if given his opportunity

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6