PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Parramatta v Manly [Round 25, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not an easy game to get to is it! So wish I had uni that day but I have work til 5pm in the city...luckily it’s a short train ride!

Scheduling for round 25 is dumb anyways - us and eels on a friday night at 6pm and roosters and Souths the Thursday night!
Oh wow that’s awful scheduling! Our game should have been 4pm sun. Instead it’s the dud knights v the even duddier panthers. Joke!

Not an easy game to get to is it! So wish I had uni that day but I have work til 5pm in the city...luckily it’s a short train ride!

Scheduling for round 25 is dumb anyways - us and eels on a friday night at 6pm and roosters and Souths the Thursday night!
They wanted to give Souths and the Chooks the maximum break before playing their first semi-final.

WankFest should be a cracking game but I'll be struggling to get home in time for it let alone to the actual match. Such a pity, should be a cracker!!

That’s my whole argument! A few Parra fans on Twitter have come back at me defending WankBest saying that a tiny supporters bay is standard at all stadiums. But at the SFS we always had 2-3, and ANZ there’s always one reserved seating and one GA supporters bay. And suburban grounds it’s a lot easier to sit with other Manly fans on hills etc.

The SFS was always fair - the opposition supporter bays were in basically the same position as the home supporter bays for the same price - either side of the halfway line. Parramatta have been the absolute worst I’ve experienced, seating-wise.

So Ella, is it the fact that they've sold so many tickets or that they are just making a piddling amount available for the opponents?
It would be the petty sort of thing that you would expect....

My bro went there a few weeks ago with his son-in-law who’s a Parra fan.
They had pre-purchased tickets which only allowed them a choice of a few different areas/bays. When they got to their seats there was empty seats and bays around them, it’s like they block out certain areas to fill up other ones first, could be the same again.

Oh wow that’s awful scheduling! Our game should have been 4pm sun. Instead it’s the dud knights v the even duddier panthers. Joke!
Personally i think it's better. Gives Manly a nice rest going into finals. Let the also-rans play Sunday so they can go straight off the field to mad Monday.
NYEagle

IF Tom, Gosiewski and Boyle are all out who comes in?
Obviously Elliott will come in for Tom, Perrett was in the 19 so you'd imagine he'll come in. Waddell to start left backrow. Who claims the last bench spot?
I see a few options.
1. Keppie gets his debut
2. (My preferred choice) T rex gets exemption to play
3. A smokey - Cust off the bench, effectively 2 utilities... Unconventional I know but could provide some spark and creativity off the bench that seems to be lacking since Walker's move to 5/8.
Olokatau did not play NSW cup so I assume injured so the above are the only real options IF all Tom, Gosie and Boyle are confirmed injured. Thoughts???

The biggest consideration is if we choose to rest players.

If souths win on Thursday then a home final is locked in. The game vs Parra is essentially a dead rubber.

Even if souths loose by a small amount, then the we would need to towel the squeals to make the top 4. We may jsut accept the home final.

Do we make the decision to rest key players such as DCE.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8