PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Parramatta v Manly [Round 25, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How has Perrett gone this year in reserve grade? He has potential to bend and break the line each carry but his D is a worry. Is he looking fit, putting in etc? He may get his audition for a new contract in the coming weeks. One thing I know for sure is Marty and afb will be playing longer minutes.
He has been playing well, our best forward by a mile at Blacktown. Still a littie lazy in defence and looks overweight but definitely adds a bit of X Factor off the bench. Id be surprised if he sees more than 15 mins a game

Some may disagree here, but I still think we get beat Sat night even if Tom stays fit. I think the raiders game took quite a bit out of us and even early on you could see melb were on. Melb played a very clinical game sat night and we stuffed it by making way too many errors. It was our worst team performance all year.

Agree Tom may not have made much difference alone however both him and Thomo was a big loss. I think we underestimate how good thomo is for us.

Some may disagree here, but I still think we get beat Sat night even if Tom stays fit. I think the raiders game took quite a bit out of us and even early on you could see melb were on. Melb played a very clinical game sat night and we stuffed it by making way too many errors. It was our worst team performance all year.
I think I mentioned before the game , that Smith will turn us inside out with his kicking game, due to the rain .

Gee a lot of confidence here for a side missing it’s heart and soul forward leader ( who hasn’t missed a game and our usual good defence driven by his enthusiasm fell apart when he did )plus it’s best player for the rest of season.We have only won 4 from 12 when Tom didn’t play and got smoked by Melbourne when he hobbled off.

This has been a fantastic year with so much to build on next year but healthy teams win September games I’m afraid.
Des will do very well to get another win this year. He is a master and this will fully test him.

So we can loose this week then win our next 4 finals games without Tom and be premiers and loose the first 11 games next year but who cares we are the premiers of 2019 @:p :rofl:

Sadly I agree with @susan .

Been one hell of a ride in 2019 and FAR FAR better than most expected.

But at the wrong time of the year injuries are going to kill us AND unlike the unlimited TPA clubs we just don’t have the players running around in reserves that are high first grade standard.

So proud of the boys and the resurgence coach Hasler gas provided but I fear we’ve got two games left and both will be losses.

Sadly I agree with @susan .

Been one hell of a ride in 2019 and FAR FAR better than most expected.

But at the wrong time of the year injuries are going to kill us AND unlike the unlimited TPA clubs we just don’t have the players running around in reserves that are high first grade standard.

So proud of the boys and the resurgence coach Hasler gas provided but I fear we’ve got two games left and both will be losses.

While I agree probably next 2 games are probably going to be tough to watch
But you only have to look at 2014 semi against the dogs.

We were smashed so badly by Souths week 1 and had so many injuries no one I mean no one gave us at chance, yes we had snake coming back but we almost pulled off the upset of the season that day.

A home semi at brookvale oval you never know specially if we play either tigers or sharks, 50/50 shot at winning.

Think if we get to week 2 play Souths at ANZ stadium and give a good account of our selves then I can live with that.

I think we all can just see what a missed opportunity this season has become with the injuries.

Last edited:
While I agree probably next 2 games going to tough to watch
But you only have to look at 2014 semi against the dogs.

We were smashed so badly by Souths week 1 and had so many injuries no one I mean no one gave us at chance, yes we had snake coming back but we almost pulled off the upset of the season that day.

A home semi at brookvale oval you never know specially if we play either tigers or sharks, 50/50 shot at winning.

Think if we get to week 2 play Souths at ANZ stadium and give a good account of our selves then I can live with that.

I think we all can just see what a missed opportunity this season has become with the injuries.

Yep, it’s been a fabulous ride until now but it’s probably come to an end sooner than we’d hoped!

GF here we come!
We are so under the radar that no one hears us digging our way up to the top :giggle:

giphy.gif

Sheesh.

Come on ya bunch of misery guts.

You do realise it's the last round of the regular season?

And we're playing our good friends Parramatta! Crikey, you want the boys to fire up every weekend and look it y'all here. couple 'o injuries and you're all wringing your hands (claiming to be realists no doubt) and not even firing up!

It's against Parra! Last round!

Plus you all know at the end of the season HappilyManly goes into hibernation and you'll all have to find your answers somewhere else? Better get asking!

Fire up ya whimps! I didn't fight in 3 world wars, dying in two of them to listen to you pampered tissue clowns complaining that a zombie just waddled off with your sunday best brain.

This...is...Manly!

2AGTBeD.png

Sheesh.

Come on ya bunch of misery guts.

You do realise it's the last round of the regular season?

And we're playing our good friends Parramatta! Sheesh, you want the boys to fire up every weekend and look it y'all here. couple 'o injuries and you're all wringing your hands (claiming to be realists no doubt) and not even firing up!

It's against Parra! Last round!

Plus you all know at the end of the season HappilyManly goes into hibernation and you'll all have to find your answers somewhere else? Better get asking!

Fire up ya whimps! I didn't fight in 3 world wars, dying in two of them to listen to you pampered tissue clowns complaining that a zombie just waddled off with your sunday best brain.

This...is...Manly!

2AGTBeD.png

Totally agree. We are going to have our best finish in years and we have people already looking at the cricket calendar. Look at who we have in our squad and how they are used. We can win the 1st 2 weeks of semis still with the injuries we have.
Still a lot of fight left here and I tell you we won’t lie down easy.
Bring on some dry weather and some slick footy! Anything can happen.

The finals in 2013 had Manly as also rans.
Rabbids were favourites till the Wolfman levitated :D
The best winning feeling ever :rock:

And we made the GF and only faded in the last 20 minutes of the 2013 Season :clap:

Even knowing the end result, I would never want to have missed out on such a truly heroic journey :party:

Lets keep fighting Manly :inlove:

Boyle was on Instagram eating with a knife and fork. Doesn't sound like news but there was fears he was out for season with broken arm/wrist. Still no reports on Gosiewski being out either. Elliott might be the only addition. Perrett as cover for Boyle/Gosiewski
Boyle was clasping his shoulder in the Tigers game as well as the Scumos one @:cool:

We still have two games to go at minimum and some are saying we are all but dead in the water . I don't know , that Elliot bloke goes ok as far as I know and Jetski will be playing . Whoever comes in May just lift givin the opportunity. It's along way from over and I'm sure Des and the boys are not throwing in the towel.

We still have two games to go at minimum and some are saying we are all but dead in the water . I don't know , that Elliot bloke goes ok as far as I know and Jetski will be playing . Whoever comes in May just lift givin the opportunity. It's along way from over and I'm sure Des and the boys are not throwing in the towel.
And don’t forget who will be providing tutelage feathered friend....

Not only Desmond the great but the mighty Prince of Brookvale.

He will have Elliot and Reuben Sandwich effortlessly sniffing for opportunities and popping expertly into the play.

I am ready for the excitement to come.

NYEagle

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8