PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Parramatta v Manly [Round 25, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was reading Boyle gone for saeson but Gosiewski should be ok. So perrett and Elliott in. Still a strong enough side to win a couple semis. Remember cowboys made a GF without Thurston and no one gave them a chance all semis. Up the sea eagles

Well said feathered friend

The biggest loss to any side is their belief and we still believe we can get on with the job

Hey guys, selling 2 x family passes (8 tickets in total) in bay 106 to Manly v Parra this Friday night.

I am still heading to the game of course, just have some spare tickets. PM me or comment for more info if you are interested :)

@HoldenV8 . Our game against the eels . We have a few in doubt . Interesting team selections coming up by Des . Which way do you think he will go ?

@HoldenV8 . Our game against the eels . We have a few in doubt . Interesting team selections coming up by Des . Which way do you think he will go ?

It really depends on if Jetski and Boyle are available. Assuming for a moment that they won't be, and with both Tom and Thommo definite outs.....

Elliot, Taufua, Parker, Suli, Garrick, Walker, Cherry-Evans, Fonua-Blake, Koroisau, Taupau, Waddell, Sironen, Trbojevic. Bench - Fainu, Perett, Keppie, Paseka.

The only possible change I would make if I was the coach is starting Fainu at hooker and Api on the bench. But I really wouldn't make wholesale changes even with last night's result.

If Boyle plays, Perrett doesn't. Same with Keppie if Jetski plays (but I'd still be tempted to start Waddell even if he does play).

It really depends on if Jetski and Boyle are available. Assuming for a moment that they won't be, and with both Tom and Thommo definite outs.....

Elliot, Taufua, Parker, Suli, Garrick, Walker, Cherry-Evans, Fonua-Blake, Koroisau, Taupau, Waddell, Sironen, Trbojevic. Bench - Fainu, Perett, Keppie, Paseka.

The only possible change I would make if I was the coach is starting Fainu at hooker and Api on the bench. But I really wouldn't make wholesale changes even with last night's result.
I agree with your approach . Those guys all played a part in getting us where we are and we should continue with the belief that they can get on with the job

One bad game shouldn't see players who have usually been performing well, dropped. Not that I think Des will do that anyway. I think the only changes he will make are ones like Elliot for Turbo....i.e. where change has to happen due to injury.

Still a very strong team - if they play as a team - which I think will be Des' #1 mantra this week in prep for Parra.
I don't think Elloit is a major drop on TT if he plays his role.
Definately Elloit at fullback with both Elloit and Reuben as two options to pile on the pressure from inroads up the middle as TT normally does.
I also loved Waddells aggression against Melbourne. He is ready to step up.

We will be fine, and ready to tear it up.

NYEagle

Perrett was rested from Blacktown's game today. Miski didn't play, I wonder if was rested as a precaution as well. Good management by Hasler.

Guess what its exam time and you haven't studied all semester, solution? Brendan Elliot needs 12 hour cram study days with Turbo to learn his plays and thought process with DCE and Fainu....I didnt rate Elliot before but after that one play where he beat arguably the best defensive centre in Josh Morris and left him in his wake, i saw something possible. Stand up son and grab this! the rest of the team need to regroup and lift and with any luck we might get Thommo and Turbo back before the preliminary. And Des, get Turbo on the calf blood ASAP...simples...for all you non believers go and argue your point on the omnipotent chat thread, I dont hear Oprah singing just yet!!

Last edited:
With the benefit of knowing the souffs v rorters result it will determine how we play. Should souffs lose by 13+ then we will come out all guns blazing to make up the points diff and try to snag 4th... if parra prove tough to crack we will need to change game plan to try and just win or not lose by 11 or more and secure 5th. Assuming we win first semi at brookie, this will mean a likely second semi v souffs in sydney which is better alternative than trying to beat faiders down there again

Gee a lot of confidence here for a side missing it’s heart and soul forward leader ( who hasn’t missed a game and our usual good defence driven by his enthusiasm fell apart when he did )plus it’s best player for the rest of season.We have only won 4 from 12 when Tom didn’t play and got smoked by Melbourne when he hobbled off.

This has been a fantastic year with so much to build on next year but healthy teams win September games I’m afraid.
Des will do very well to get another win this year. He is a master and this will fully test him.

Gee a lot of confidence here for a side missing it’s heart and soul forward leader ( who hasn’t missed a game and our usual good defence driven by his enthusiasm fell apart when he did )plus it’s best player for the rest of season.We have only won 4 from 12 when Tom didn’t play and got smoked by Melbourne when he hobbled off.

This has been a fantastic year with so much to build on next year but healthy teams win September games I’m afraid.
Des will do very well to get another win this year. He is a master and this will fully test him.
Some may disagree here, but I still think we get beat Sat night even if Tom stays fit. I think the raiders game took quite a bit out of us and even early on you could see melb were on. Melb played a very clinical game sat night and we stuffed it by making way too many errors. It was our worst team performance all year.

How has Perrett gone this year in reserve grade? He has potential to bend and break the line each carry but his D is a worry. Is he looking fit, putting in etc? He may get his audition for a new contract in the coming weeks. One thing I know for sure is Marty and afb will be playing longer minutes.

How has Perrett gone this year in reserve grade? He has potential to bend and break the line each carry but his D is a worry. Is he looking fit, putting in etc? He may get his audition for a new contract in the coming weeks. One thing I know for sure is Marty and afb will be playing longer minutes.
He is not interested in reserves and it shows with just a few moments of effort :cool:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8