PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly vs Dragons [Round 14, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
MATCH OFFICIALS:

Chris Sutton
Referee

Phil Henderson
Referee

Rickey MacFarlane
Touch Judge

Liam Nicholls
Touch Judge

Ben Galea
Video Referee

Steve Chiddy
Senior Review Official

No Dave Munro this time for the dragons
Funny ever since that howler against the dragons we have not got him as a man referee since
Funny that

1-17
No changes from last week
Don't think Boyle played last week... however close enough, and a bit of stability week to week is exactly how this team will grow.
Really happy for Siro to have been able to stay on the field, if he doesn't get hurt he will go to another level over the next couple of months.

Speaking of Boyle - I saw the team announcement on the club site and he just doesn't show any exuberance or excitement about the game.
Also Paseka is a worry, he threw a pass to no-one.

You look at our draw
Play next Sunday
Then 12 day break before our next game against Titians then bye
Very important period coming up for us
A lot of rumblings up here about Titans players back-stabbing the coach and whinging to Meninga. If they sack Brennan the quicker the better. Sides always rise up the week after a sacking.

Don't think Boyle played last week... however close enough, and a bit of stability week to week is exactly how this team will grow.
Really happy for Siro to have been able to stay on the field, if he doesn't get hurt he will go to another level over the next couple of months.

Speaking of Boyle - I saw the team announcement on the club site and he just doesn't show any exuberance or excitement about the game.
Also Paseka is a worry, he threw a pass to no-one.
https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-13/cowboys-v-sea-eagles/

Boyle played 12 minutes
Nase only played 15

Nrl.com

Brett Kimmorley says
The Trbojevic boys are back together, Cherry-Evans is there, and Des Hasler has Manly flying. But Corey Norman adds enormous attack for the Dragons. They'd lost five in a row then all of a sudden the return of Norman was a huge boom for them. I think they can cause an upset on the back of a Corey Norman masterclass in this one. Dragons by 8.:rofl:
Must’ve been the yoga.

Fittler has an eye on the future

NSW coach Brad Fittler met with boom Manly hooker Manase Fainu recently in a bid to convince him to pledge his representaive allegiance to the Blues.

With Damien Cook turning 28 later this month, Fittler is looking to the long term and sees Fainu as a possible State of Origin hooker a few years down the track.

But despite being born in Sydney, Fainu has turned his back on Fittler and the Blues and decided to play for Tonga if selected.

The 20-year-old, who looks a rep player in the making, has a Māori mother and Tongan father

wonder if schuster is injured, think I recall him limping off in the u18's origin, and hasnt been named to play jersey flegg while ben and a few others have. Anyone know anything??

Based on the Cows game.....
We need the 2nd half Manly team to turn up from the opening whistle against Illawarra.
If the energy is similar to that 1st half, Illawarra will be up by 22 at HT.
Thing is, Tom will be Far better for the run and the home game should help bring a willing Attitude.

$1.55 favourites. They must be kidding. I think we may win but those are ridiculous odds against a team that has owned us. Hate the games we are supposed to win. This one really worries me.
They're crazy farking odds....Hopefully someone knows something we all don't lol

Fittler has an eye on the future

NSW coach Brad Fittler met with boom Manly hooker Manase Fainu recently in a bid to convince him to pledge his representaive allegiance to the Blues.

With Damien Cook turning 28 later this month, Fittler is looking to the long term and sees Fainu as a possible State of Origin hooker a few years down the track.

But despite being born in Sydney, Fainu has turned his back on Fittler and the Blues and decided to play for Tonga if selected.

The 20-year-old, who looks a rep player in the making, has a Māori mother and Tongan father

What! Fainu had a Tongan father!.....Fainu's a Queenslander then. Tonga is floating inside Queensland waters, just like Fiji, Samoa and the North Island of NZ.

Sorry to say, Illawarra will win this. Can't bring myself to get on the opposition though.
How do you see it playing out
Close game or blowout!!
If we don’t get close to 50/50 ball in the first half hunt and Norman could tear us a new one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8