PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly vs Dragons [Round 14, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What is wrong with you people ... have a look at Turbo's arms legs and chest ...... WTF ...

image00007.jpeg

Surely thiere is somebody else out there that thinks Tom's physical condition is a worry .....

He's had a bad virus according to Channel Nine News. I had a virus in 2017 an lost 10kg in 2 weeks...

What is wrong with you people ... have a look at Turbo's arms legs and chest ...... WTF ...

image00007.jpeg

Surely thiere is somebody else out there that thinks Tom's physical condition is a worry .....

I thought that looking at him last week in his return game. Thought he looked very skinny for him

You know something I hate?

For a few years now (and more so this year), Ch.9 have been promoting the daylights out of match ups between Grand Finalists of previous years. Last night we got the Cows and Tigpies 14 years ago, last week it was about 1989, any Cows vs Drongos match they bring up 2015 etc etc, and tomorrow you can bet that they'll bring out 1980 because its the Chooks vs Dogs at the SCG.

Yet they basically ignore when Manly play a previous Grand Final opponent.

Two years ago was the 30th anniversary of the 1987 Grand Final, the last ever played at the SCG (until next year and God I hope we win that just to keep the record going). Yet there was nothing about it. No game played at the Cricket Ground, no game even shown on 9. The fact that it was actually a significant anniversary not just for Manly but the league as well just didn't seem to matter.

Of course, they still use promotional footage of 2007......especially the image of 1nglis bumping off Robbo to score, while 2008 rarely gets a mention despite that we won by the still record score. And the footage of that blonde haired git Albert scoring in 1997 has been shown ad nauseum, usually accompanied by that idiot Johns crapping on about it.

Even when we play the Sharks, 1973 and 1978 barely rates a mention other than the usual mention of how brutal 1973's game was and the "controversy" of Greg Hartley allegedly favouring us through that Finals series and the Grand Final itself. The fact that we played 7 games in just 4 weeks, 2 of them replays and one the Grand Final itself, is virtually ignored. The 7th tackle in the 1978 Semi-Final against the Worms gets brought up, a LOT, but not Rod Silva's 7th tackle try in 1995.

This year is 60 years since we lost to St George in 1959 and 23 years since we beat them in 1996. Yet both games have been on Fox who generally ignore everything from the past and just talk about the game at hand (unfortunately, St Merge seem to be like us to Ch.9.....not one of the favoured so they don't get much FTA time either. Maybe if we all relocate to Granville or Campbelltown or Mt Druitt.....somewhere in Sydney's west).

For once I'd just like to see a Manly game against a side we've played Grand Final(s) against shown on FTA where a Manly premiership win is actually shown and talked about in a positive light.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6