PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Titans [Round 11, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Titans have been sh*thot at some points of games but have not been able to consistently build pressure in any game that I have watched this year and that's why they are losing games that they should have won.... based on that you would think that Manly's ability to play tough 80min football and defend like Turks-on-a-beach should get them the result...

really hope that they don't get the formula right this week because they definitely have talent across the park...

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/21...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

Simplicity the key to Manly's overachievement
Author
Craig Wing
NRL.com Columnist
Timestamp
Tue 21 May 2019, 12:01 PM

With all due respect, a look at the backline of Manly's team sheet in the absence of stars Daly Cherry-Evans and Tom Trbojevic does not inspire confidence – however their coach Des Hasler has some NRL journeymen playing their best football and it all comes down to a very simple game plan.

Right now the Sea Eagles are an under-resourced team playing well above their weight. So what's the reason for it?

Watching them play, there is nothing complicated about their game plan. This is very much a Des Hasler team, from the way he played and what he tried to instil at the Bulldogs.

It's all about working really, really hard, being meticulous about your job, focusing on just your job and nothing outside of that and doing the little things right.
They're under no pressure to do things they're not good at so when you have such a sure sense of what your job is on the field it's easy to know whether you're doing your job or not. They all look like they know what they're doing.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/21...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

Simplicity the key to Manly's overachievement
Author
Craig Wing
NRL.com Columnist
Timestamp
Tue 21 May 2019, 12:01 PM

With all due respect, a look at the backline of Manly's team sheet in the absence of stars Daly Cherry-Evans and Tom Trbojevic does not inspire confidence – however their coach Des Hasler has some NRL journeymen playing their best football and it all comes down to a very simple game plan.

Right now the Sea Eagles are an under-resourced team playing well above their weight. So what's the reason for it?

Watching them play, there is nothing complicated about their game plan. This is very much a Des Hasler team, from the way he played and what he tried to instil at the Bulldogs.

It's all about working really, really hard, being meticulous about your job, focusing on just your job and nothing outside of that and doing the little things right.
They're under no pressure to do things they're not good at so when you have such a sure sense of what your job is on the field it's easy to know whether you're doing your job or not. They all look like they know what they're doing.

The Under - resourced Journey men are equal fourth on the ladder and gaining more and more belief and self confidence with each devastating set back .

Coach of the year .....

None other then the highly motivating and inspiring Des Hasler

Manly Sea Eagles v Gold Coast Titans, Cbus Super Stadium at 6pm

Predicted Sea Eagles team: 1. Brendan Elliott 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Dylan Walker 4. Brad Parker 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Cade Cust 7. Kane Elgey 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Manase Fainu 15. Jack Gosiewski 16. Corey Waddell 17. Morgan Boyle

Predicted Titans team: 1. Alexander Brimson 2. Anthony Don 3. Tyrone Peachey 4. Brian Kelly 5. Dale Copley 6. Tyrone Roberts 7. Ash Taylor 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Mitch Rein 10. Moeaki Fotuaika 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Bryce Cartwright 13. Jai Arrow 14. Jesse Arthars 15. Shannon Boyd 16. Jai Whitbread 17. Max King

Team Tips: For the Titans it has been revealed that Moeaki Fotuaika is playing with a broken bone in his wrist. “One of my bones in my wrist is pretty much broken but I’ll be right to play every week,” Fotuaika told NRL.com. “I’ve just got to make sure that I take care of it during the week,” Fotuaika said.Injured fullback Michael Gordon’s return could be delayed another week giving Alexander Brimson another shot in the fullback jersey. Tyrone Peachey is expected to return to the starting side, after being benched prior to the loss to the Bulldogs. Jesse Arthars and Jai Whitebread are set to move to the bench in their places. Jack Stockwell is set to be the unlucky man to miss out after struggling in his starting role against the Bulldogs. Sea Eagles skipper Daly Cherry-Evans is still no certainty to return from an ankle injury in a bid to prove his fitness for Origin. “I don’t think he will be back next week,” Hasler said. “He ran yesterday but I can’t give you a complete answer on that but he is looking good. We are trying to get him back on the field for Origin, but there are boxes that need to be ticked. He is very professional in what he does so if anyone can pull it off Daly can.” Tom Trbojevic is an outside chance to return from a hamstring injury, but with Brendan Elliot playing so well, Hasler is unlikely to risk him. Lachlan Croker (hamstring) is a chance to return, but with Cade Cust playing so well against the Sharks he will likely be treated with a safety first approach.

Manly Sea Eagles v Gold Coast Titans, Cbus Super Stadium at 6pm

“He ran yesterday but I can’t give you a complete answer on that but he is looking good. We are trying to get him back on the field for Origin, but there are boxes that need to be ticked.

Misquote.

Des did not say "We are trying to get him back on the field for Origin"

He said : "We are trying to get him back on the field.''

Maybe nitpicking but there is a BIG difference in adding the word "origin".

Is kelly up against walker this week?
Good ol kelly will drop the ball at least twice once with no one near him and he will miss at least 5 tackles including one clean miss for a walker try. If hes up against scorpio then he might as well not even play tbh ;)

Don’t like that the media laid into the donkeys leading up to our game and they turned their form around and did a number on us. This week Gould is laying into ash taylor, fingers crossed that doesn’t have the same effect

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Matt Cecchin
Referee

Phil Henderson
Referee

Mark Bohan
Touch Judge

Rickey MacFarlane
Touch Judge

Ben Galea
Video Referee

Henry Perenara
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look out !!!!

giphy.gif

We have both Henry Peranara & Matt Checchin as Match Officials.

Last edited:
Don’t like that the media laid into the donkeys leading up to our game and they turned their form around and did a number on us. This week Gould is laying into ash taylor, fingers crossed that doesn’t have the same effect
To be fair we copped so many injuries we had no one on the bench to hold the middle together otherwise we would of had them imo

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Matt Cecchin
Referee

Phil Henderson
Referee

Mark Bohan
Touch Judge

Rickey MacFarlane
Touch Judge

Ben Galea
Video Referee

Henry Perenara
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look out !!!!

giphy.gif

We have both Henry Peranara & Matt Checchin as Match Officials.

Fortunately perrinara is in the box so we won’t have to watch him flex when he goes upstairs.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8