PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Titans [Round 11, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Tom Turbo may be back ?

Tom Trbojevic (hamstring) — Round 11-12

Daly Cherry-Evans (ankle) — Round 13

Moses Suli (finger) — Round 15-17

Toafofoa Sipley (ACL) — season

Albert Hopoate (ACL) — season

My feeling after seeing Des give his game wrap up is that neither DCE nor Turbo will be right for the Titans clash. DCE is apparently close but Des seemed to imply 'not quite yet'. Turbo I wouldn't expect for a few weeks yet. Why should they risk it. They are winning and they are playing several low ranking sides in the next few weeks. Our next big issue will be St George but more telling the Rabbits after the week off.. They need to be ready for those games.

Last edited:
This has DANGER game written all over it. Coming off the back of a series of impressive performances. Playing at home against a team we would expect to beat. Complacency is our biggest enemy. I'm sure Des won't allow it in but it is difficult to stay up all the time.

This has DANGER game written all over it. Coming off the back of a series of impressive performances. Playing at home against a team we would expect to beat. Complacency is our biggest enemy. I'm sure Des won't allow it in but it is difficult to stay up all the time.
"THIS"....but it will be a good game to show if Manly have the capacity to have intensity regardless of the opposition.
On current form should get it done comfortable, but this season has shown a massive gulf of form from 1 week to the next for most teams - with Manly 1 of only 3 sides who have consistently "Shown up"

We are no longer flying under the radar folks.. This from Soward in power ratings today:

4. Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (6)
You can give Coach of the Year to Des Hasler now, because what he gets out of this squad every week is nothing short of remarkable. They turn up with effort, they all do their job, they compete and don't give up on any play. Manly out-enthused the Sharks and it's really refreshing to see a squad not blame injuries or make excuses. The players all know their roles and just go out there and do their jobs.

"THIS"....but it will be a good game to show if Manly have the capacity to have intensity regardless of the opposition.
On current form should get it done comfortable, but this season has shown a massive gulf of form from 1 week to the next for most teams - with Manly 1 of only 3 sides who have consistently "Shown up"
Yeah and the Titans are a bit of a nemesis team for us. We always struggle playing against them.

This game has me more concerned than the Cronulla match up.
Too many times have the Titans beaten us, even when we've been higher up the ladder.
The Titans have the ability to score a lot of points. Luckily they make a lot of mistakes and invite opposition teams back into matches.
I know we can defend much better than the Tits. Hopefully the ball bounces our way and we get an even amount of possession.
All the 'experts' will tip us. That's a worry. Our players must not get ahead of themselves. We play better as underdogs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6