PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Penrith [Round 12, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just listened to Des’ pre match interview. I’d say Dylan is almost certainly starting in the 6 tomorrow night. Hopefully it’s a huge boost for the team. Fingers crossed on Joel Thompson, you’d imagine he’d be doing everything he can to play in Indigenous round

Latrell Mitchell did. I mean he worked hard and only got suspended for 2 matches for two head high tackles so he could play.

So well done Latrell!

movin' on...

I said elsewhere that when Jake was asked about Walker...poor innocent Jake found it hard not just telling the truth and struggled so much telling us he didn't know, that it looked like Dylan was a shoe in.

lol Go Jakey!

Noice!

It's 1 v 8 in a game I'm surprised V'landys doesn't want this match renamed "SBW is back in Australia! Does everyone know about? it ".

Manly are riding high(er) after two good wins and the Panthers got home after the Titans gave them a good scare until the refs woke up.

How good would these two points be? (Ans...very)

edit: Gawd I hate walking up, re-reading my post, and seeing I left words like 'this match' out of my original musings!

Don't type sleepy folks! sheesh.

fmd - I just saw I spelt 'sleepy' incorrectly.

Go Manly!
Yeah wouldn’t have happened if @HappilyManly was doing the thread.
Jokes, jokes, I tell ya.
Appreciate you and @Bring back the.... Biff? helping out.
I know you said she was busy @globaleagle , and you know her a lot better, but can you tell her I bloody miss her posts.

Latrell Mitchell did. I mean he worked hard and only got suspended for 2 matches for two head high tackles so he could play.

So well done Latrell!

movin' on...

I said elsewhere that when Jake was asked about Walker...poor innocent Jake found it hard not just telling the truth and struggled so much telling us he didn't know, that it looked like Dylan was a shoe in.

lol Go Jakey!
Jake would be **** at poker wouldn't he

Cust cut from squad. Joke.

Walker must be playing then... how is Croker, Elliott and Taufua still in this side but Cust isnt.

Would never wish an injury on someone but heres to hoping Cust has a 1 week injury niggle and Des is playing it safe. If its a straight drop looks like he will be starting in a different jersey next year.

Walker must be playing then... how is Croker, Elliott and Taufua still in this side but Cust isnt.

Would never wish an injury on someone but heres to hoping Cust has a 1 week injury niggle and Des is playing it safe. If its a straight drop looks like he will be starting in a different jersey next year.

I'd suggest Elliot is in the side because maybe, just maybe neither Cust or Walker can play the fullback position with any decency.

I'd suggest Elliot is in the side because maybe, just maybe neither Cust or Walker can play the fullback position with any decency.
and Elliott plays it with decency? The bloke sucks its pretty simple as that

Walker has the attributes to be a good fullback, just needs to get used to the positional / defensive play. If Tom is back in round 17 and Elliott is our fullback until then we won't win many games... at least let Walker ease into the fullback role with half a game and have one of them on the bench.

Bit tough on DCE chopping and changing halves partners every few weeks.Think Cust deserves a decent run at 6 and Croker has been quite good coming off the bench to play dummy half.
Mate I totally agree. Croker off the bench is actually having an impact that weve lacked since API/fainu combo. Half the **** croker tries to pull off doesn't work, but he's got some ticker. I beleive walker should ease in through the #14 jersey or start resting/rotating our centres maybe.

I'd like to think the reason Cust's been cut is perhaps due to a neck injury - caused last week by grub Maguire who's now been suspended for it. At least one hopes that's the case, as opposed to just being dropped which would be crazy/outrageous.

I'd like to think the reason Cust's been cut is perhaps due to a neck injury - caused last week by grub Maguire who's now been suspended for it. At least one hopes that's the case, as opposed to just being dropped which would be crazy/outrageous.
Agree and I hope your right

Api in changes everything
Penrith different team with him in
walker at 6 is a gamble let’s see if it pays off.
cust cut completely from squad
more Important game now we can 2 games clear of 10th with any win tomorrow night.
us by 4 but not as confident knowing api is in

Des has won Premierships and has got teams to many grand finals and finals
And he knows more than us . Have faith in the Master coach
good attitude, thanks mate. Just getting impatient with Des selection policy this year and last, like I was throughout Des's time at manly. You are right tho, in Des we trust, always more to the story... just hard to ignore the conclusions

I'd like to think the reason Cust's been cut is perhaps due to a neck injury - caused last week by grub Maguire who's now been suspended for it.
And if that's the case then the physio may not have been completely truthful about injuries out of last week's game...:mm:

good attitude, thanks mate. Just getting impatient with Des selection policy this year and last, like I was throughout Des's time at manly. You are right tho, in Des we trust, always more to the story... just hard to ignore the conclusions
Agreed.
Cronulla had eight young guys tonight from their 2019 NSW Cup team.
We seem to be the only club afraid of giving our youngsters a chance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8