PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Cowboys [Round 14, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some of you are quite petty.
Do you know why Turbo was quiet against Newcastle, and busy against QLD?
We had no established 5/8, therefor the Knights knew if they shut down DCE they reduce Turbo's likelihood of injecting himself into the game more.
For QLD its a lot harder when he is playing with Cleary and Luai, not to mention people like Tedesco lurking in the back as well.
And for everyone who is upset he is being rested, I'd love to see how much more upset you'd be had he played tonight and picked up an injury, 26 hours after SOO.
Instead of having a tantrum and throwing your half empty glass out of your cot, why don't you get behind the team and support them with positivity?
For mine, Walker to fullback makes the most sense as we are minimising changes to the backline

Go Manly, good luck on your return Walker, hope you prove a few people on here wrong.

I think we will get the win tonight, at home and after a disappointing last start.

I worry about Walker's conditioning for fullback. I was actually looking forward to him coming off the bench as a super-sub as I think he can add a lot of value to our team in this role.

If it was me and not Des, I probably would have put Garrick to fullback and put Jorge on the wing for this game. We lose a lot of metres without Tom, and we know that Jorge is good for 100m+ a game.

But anyway, it's a big moment for Dylan. Off contract and without any form to back up a decent new contract, he ought to be desperate to perform.

Some of you are quite petty.
Do you know why Turbo was quiet against Newcastle, and busy against QLD?
We had no established 5/8, therefor the Knights knew if they shut down DCE they reduce Turbo's likelihood of injecting himself into the game more.
For QLD its a lot harder when he is playing with Cleary and Luai, not to mention people like Tedesco lurking in the back as well.
And for everyone who is upset he is being rested, I'd love to see how much more upset you'd be had he played tonight and picked up an injury, 26 hours after SOO.
Instead of having a tantrum and throwing your half empty glass out of your cot, why don't you get behind the team and support them with positivity?
For mine, Walker to fullback makes the most sense as we are minimising changes to the backline

Go Manly, good luck on your return Walker, hope you prove a few people on here wrong.
Up to 1st grade for you Blake after that clear thinking ,logical and erudite post !!
Clear thinking and logic are two commodities used in miserly proportions here on ST's ,where innuendo, accusations ,throwing baby's out with the bath water and blind panic often rule the keyboard.
Go Manly !!

You can have both ... but you won't win many Premierships without SOO and International players ...
Turbo is on another level to everyone else. I dont think he needs Origin to improve his game. I agree with you regarding most others though...

Can't imagine Turbo saying to Des "look mate, I'm pretty tired after playing my arse off for NSW the other night so gonna chuck a sickie for Friday's game, cheers boss".

More like Des telling Turbo he's not playing as he wants him to rest & recover completely in order to minimise any chance of injury so soon after SOO.

Can't imagine Turbo saying to Des "look mate, I'm pretty tired after playing my arse off for NSW the other night so gonna chuck a sickie for Friday's game, cheers boss".

More like Des telling Turbo he's not playing as he wants him to rest & recover completely in order to minimise any chance of injury so soon after SOO.
Definitely. I think deep down we all know it’s the right decision given the increased risk of re-injury without proper recovery.

It’s just frustrating

Up to 1st grade for you Blake after that clear thinking ,logical and erudite post !!
Clear thinking and logic are two commodities used in miserly proportions here on ST's ,where innuendo, accusations ,throwing baby's out with the bath water and blind panic often rule the keyboard.
Go Manly !!
How do you get to First Grade? I've been a bencher for a while. My contract is up for renewal at the end of the year and I want it upgraded. My 12 year daughter is costing me too much!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4