PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Cowboys [Round 14, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely we aren't thinking of going into a game with one middle forward on the bench ?? You'd have to think DeLuis comes in for Burbo or Suli.

For Suli please. Surely Suli is only there for cover until game time...this time.
I reckon Burbo will drop off. Des preferred Suli to him when there was a spare bench spot, and Des kept Burbo warming the pine for 70 something minutes last game when he did finally make the cut. Pointless having him on the bench if he is only going to play 5 minutes.

Unfortunately anyone we put there will be out of position… we don’t have another fullback.

That’s why I don’t get all the hate for Walker. He tried harder than most in the first four weeks.

Garrick has been heavily criticised in the past at fullback, and yet people want him back there.

Walker provides the least disruption to the backline. Everyone should suck it up and support him and the team. Not death ride them
Garrick was an absolute train wreck at FB last season. As I remember, people were calling for Dessie's head for playing him there. The only other time Reuben has played FB was when Walker went off injured against NZ, and the junk minutes filling in for Turbo when he got an early shower as a reward.

I reckon Burbo will drop off. Des preferred Suli to him when there was a spare bench spot, and Des kept Burbo warming the pine for 70 something minutes last game when he did finally make the cut. Pointless having him on the bench if he is only going to play 5 minutes.
Yes, I think that is what Des will do too. Pretty pointless Having Suli on the bench playing 10 minutes when we are short forwards though.

Walker was one of the better players for Manly in those 4 games at the start I agree he did have some moments but he was having a dig and playing better than Garrick ,Parker and Suli and now with Garrick and Parker playing a lot better Walker may play better without all the one-way traffic that was coming at him previously
I hope you're right my friend

Losing??? One loss mate where the ref caned us. Fair go that’ll do me. It’s never good enough for sone around here. Haha

Mate, we are 6 and 6. That's after a run of 1 and 15. We lose tomorrow , we are back to being a .450 team this season.

Honestly, no, it's not really good enough for me. I can't even pretend it was. I was also consistent in those few wins to say it takes more to turn it around, because things change so quickly, and we could regress to mediocrity again. So much so I know the result of this weekend before a balls kicked off.

Sorry I expect more than .450 after that huge losing streak.

I was going to have a rant about Turbo's exclusion from tomorrow's game... instead, I'm just going to say it would have been nice to see him play the way he did yesterday last week against the Knights.

I think all three players held back a little to make sure they were right of Origin.

Just my opinion , but they were all very flat.

I think all three players held back a little to make sure they were right of Origin.

Yeah. And it may have been subconscious... as much as I enjoyed seeing Turbo tear it apart last night, I really would much rather see our NRL competition at full strength without this circus. I used to be into it, but the hype around state-vs-state mate-vs-mate has run its course for me. And the state of international rugby is diabolical. I just wanna see the elite league competition playing to its full potential without the garbage distractions.

And it's hard to explain how Turbo turned out what he did last week against NEWCASTLE (let that sink in) and then do what he did last night at will against the best Qld could field... really? Everyone is raving how they need to find a way to stop Turbo... Qld couldn't, yet somehow, Newcastle found the holy grail. Good grief! A bit like Corso versus bath mat slips.

Last edited:
And it's hard to explain how Turbo turned out what he did last week against NEWCASTLE (let that sink in) and then do what he did last night at will against the best Qld could field... really? Everyone is raving how they need to find a way to stop Turbo... Qld couldn't, yet somehow, Newcastle found the holy grail. Good grief! A bit like Corso versus bath mat slips.

Yeah, I agree.
Newcastle found the holy grail.

Blame the ref, blame our discipline, blame whatever.

No team wins games with that much possession and field position against them, for so long.

The Knights literally ran Tom from sideline to sideline in defence for what seemed like hours. The guy was putting in 50m sprints, set, after set, after set.

It is ludicrous to have a crack at one individual for being not dominant in a game where we had no ball, and no field position.....almost as ludicrous as blaming DCE for the loss last night for QLD.

Yeah, I agree.
Newcastle found the holy grail.

Blame the ref, blame our discipline, blame whatever.

No team wins games with that much possession and field position against them, for so long.

The Knights literally ran Tom from sideline to sideline in defence for what seemed like hours. The guy was putting in 50m sprints, set, after set, after set.

It is ludicrous to have a crack at one individual for being not dominant in a game where we had no ball, and no field position.....almost as ludicrous as blaming DCE for the loss last night for QLD.
I guess Qld were just not sophisticated enough to do the same thing... even with all the set restarts and penalties last night? Sorry, but the logic doesn't add up.

TBH, we are a fickle bunch as supporters. We unfairly rip into some while glossing over performances of our heroes. I just believe Turbo deserves to be ripped into for his showing last week. It probably gets compounded when he isn't turning up for us tomorrow despite the poor showing last week and the importance of games like these after our atrocious start to the season (when Turbo was bath matted). I wanna see the same passion for Manly week in and week out.

And Teddy ran for one extra metre!!!!

Roosters fullback James Tedesco is set to back up this weekend against the Titans after captaining NSW to victory in the State of Origin series opener.

Coach Trent Robinson said Tedesco would fly straight to the Gold Coast from Townsville ahead of the Saturday afternoon clash.

yeah yeah yeah

I’m still not convinced that the latest team named is the team that’ll run out!!! Have a feeling it’ll change the hour before kick off with Trbo playing at FB!
$hit maybe not :sweating: :sweating:

Roosters fullback James Tedesco is set to back up this weekend against the Titans after captaining NSW to victory in the State of Origin series opener.

Coach Trent Robinson said Tedesco would fly straight to the Gold Coast from Townsville ahead of the Saturday afternoon clash.

yeah yeah yeah
Heavy chance of snow in the visitors change rooms about 2.30pm. It is on the Gold Coke after all.

yeah yeah yeah
**** that ****. Why the **** isn't Turbo playing? Excuse the French, but he ****ing owes us after the last few seasons of his fragility. It seems we are just a secondary consideration after rep games for him. FFS, Holmes is playing after fullback in a flogged side, as is DCE. Turbo found it too taxing running in tries all night? Or perhaps the missed tackle on Capewell left him with a corked ego?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8