PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Cowboys [Round 14, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How happy will we all be at the end of the season when we miss either the top 8 or top 4 when Turbo could have backed up and played this Friday night, let alone actually put in the same SOO effort versus the knights last week? I have zero interest in pandering to a precious fragile frame. If Turbo is not up to FG rugby league then let's just face that instead of trying to hide him under the bed. We are not about to win any premierships with this attitude. Wombat 78 says hi.

Putting SOO ahead of your club is just unacceptable. I don't begrudge anybody playing rep footy, but NEVER at the cost of your club who pay your wages and give you your career. There is no SOO without club footy and the NRL. Clubs and players need to understand and respect that. I guess I don't need to express how peed off I am with this situation. It was great to see Turbo return with a vengeance after letting down his team with the early season injury, but to place SOO above the proud Manly club and its fans makes my blood boil.

Putting SOO ahead of your club is just unacceptable. I don't begrudge anybody playing rep footy, but NEVER at the cost of your club who pay your wages and give you your career. There is no SOO without club footy and the NRL. Clubs and players need to understand and respect that. I guess I don't need to express how peed off I am with this situation. It was great to see Turbo return with a vengeance after letting down his team with the early season injury, but to place SOO above the proud Manly club and its fans makes my blood boil.
Are you frustrated at him or the club? Completely understand your frustration but I don’t think it’s a case of Tom putting SOO ahead of his club - it’s a case of our medical staff making the executive decision.

Last edited:
This is apart of our game and the pinnacle of the sport. SOO is where the games absolute elite get even better by playing at such a high standard.
Tommy is going to come back to Manly a better player for playing Origin. Yes he might miss a few games but watching him dominate at the highest level was really something to watch.
Rest up Tommy, and can’t wait to watch him trot out next week!

I guess Qld were just not sophisticated enough to do the same thing... even with all the set restarts and penalties last night? Sorry, but the logic doesn't add up.

TBH, we are a fickle bunch as supporters. We unfairly rip into some while glossing over performances of our heroes. I just believe Turbo deserves to be ripped into for his showing last week. It probably gets compounded when he isn't turning up for us tomorrow despite the poor showing last week and the importance of games like these after our atrocious start to the season (when Turbo was bath matted). I wanna see the same passion for Manly week in and week out.
Turbo was clearly playing within himself v Newcastle to stay fit for origin. Fittler would have called him that morning like he did for all the nsw players so it would have been nice and fresh. We also clearly took Newcastle lightly and paid the price. Hopefully we are up for tonight.

Good luck Kurt De Belin.

I wouldn't call him Kurt Debelin, quite a big difference. The allegation was different (the article says 'she thought he was someone else') but most significant is that after a 16 day trial all charges were dismissed by the jury after a mere 4 hours deliberation. You will recall that 2 juries were unable to agree on whether Debelin was guilty. Quite a big difference. In each case there will be scars but it is fair to give full credit to a not guilty verdict.

Anyway, I do agree with you about the ciggie, hopefully just the stress of the trial and he's given up now!

And it's hard to explain how Turbo turned out what he did last week against NEWCASTLE (let that sink in) and then do what he did last night at will against the best Qld could field... really? Everyone is raving how they need to find a way to stop Turbo... Qld couldn't, yet somehow, Newcastle found the holy grail. Good grief! A bit like Corso versus bath mat slips.
They didn’t need the holy grail they had the disgrace that is Cummins

I hope Burbo plays and his usual position is backrow (as opposed to Suli who has had only a couple of short spells in the forwards).

All the bench forwards should be given decent game time to reduce the workload of the starting players.

Man, now it's time for the test we've been talking about since round 5...
Let's see how manly play without tom..
We have the best team we've had in weeks minus tom, we SHOULD win, and there is absolutely no excuses to get flogged tonight. .
If cowboys beat us easily because tom is out, we may aswell give up.
My tip is Manly in a struggle 1-12

Edit- best team in ages minus the bench.. I've yet to see anything from ben turbo to show he's ready for NRL, and suli is a waste... We don't need both cust and suli, pick 1 instead of going in with a weak bench

Our pack needs to stand up tonight and dominate the Cowboys. I’m most concerned about a lack of creativity without Schuster and turbo. DCE has shown he can’t do it himself he is more a backing up style half back. Fingers crossed. Im still filthy after last weeks lame effort.

Two absolute motivations for this evening being:

A tribute to Bozo - Don't underestimate the emotion that comes along with a game like this being a tribute to Bob at our first home match following his passing.

A chance for this team to prove that they can perform without Turbo. Yes they had this opportunity earlier in the year, however there was zero confidence in the team at that point in time. Collectively and as individuals there should be the confidence to come out and perform without Tom and ensure the headline tomorrow isn't revolving around this team being a one-man band.

Haven "t taken a lot of notice with Kurt De Luis at Black Town in his recent games but seems to run hard and with a reasonable work rate . Looks like the type of player who will always have a go, so attitude certainly seems right and he should be up for it . Naturally going to miss Tom "s and Schuster "s "presence and very important for D C E and Foz to provide that right direction and kicking game to keep Manly on the front foot . Hopefully the side will be up for a good defensive effort as the Cows can have some points in them . Hopefully also the occasion of the night with the Bozo tribute will be some extra incentive for Manly to put in a whole hearted effort , Should be able to pull off the win if the ref calls do not cruel them again like against the Knights . Not too sure on Suli "s fitness but would prefer him on the bench for tonight if he is available .

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6