PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Cowboys [Round 14, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I'd start him, get the early lead and then pull him off. Walker on bench allows Tom to be rested if we get a good lead.
Yeah, one or the other. My concern though is if the game is close would des replace him or keep him out there. Its a pretty vital 2 points

Injecting him later might ensure less game time . The cows would be nervous enough with him on the bench . Its kind of like knowing the other player is holding the joker and waiting for them to play it

Manly might be a bit more resilliant knowing the have superman on the bench as opposed to watching him leave the game

Don't be suprised to see a spate of binnings again, especially with us being the first game back after SOO.

2 from each side is my tip, as the NRL will want to reinforce the sin bin back in clubland.

Yeah, one or the other. My concern though is if the game is close would des replace him or keep him out there. Its a pretty vital 2 points

Injecting him later might ensure less game time . The cows would be nervous enough with him on the bench . Its kind of like knowing the other player is holding the joker and waiting for them to play it

Manly might be a bit more resilliant knowing the have superman on the bench as opposed to watching him leave the game
I dont like the idea of Tom sitting on the sidelines and then running out to play. I dont trust his hammies. Easier and safer to warm up and play. If its close and Tom has to play 80 mins to get the win then so be it. We would then have the luxury of being able to rest him later in the season.

I dont like the idea of Tom sitting on the sidelines and then running out to play. I dont trust his hammies. Easier and safer to warm up and play. If its close and Tom has to play 80 mins to get the win then so be it. We would then have the luxury of being able to rest him later in the season.
I know Tom’s a special case because of his injury history, but Damien Cook was interviewed in the lead up to origin and spoke about backing up but then taking a couple of extra days off training.

@Will on the hill.
Yep, the thread was made and posted straight after the Round 12 game against the Knights (May 30, 2021 at 7:45 PM) and it was made a 'Sticky' thread for the very reason that @globaleagle mentioned in his post that I have quoted above (well, except for the bit about Dan's super yacht). I had every intention of releasing the thread back out into the open once I had created and posted the Game Day and Post Game Discussion threads and once they were made and posted, the Pre-Game Discussion thread was released.

I love the way you felt the need to spell out that the part about the super yacht wan't true. @:D

Sorry to everyone who actually thought that bit was real...!

It was @SeaEagleRock8 's yacht.

I love the way you felt the need to spell out that the part about the super yacht wan't true. @:D

Sorry to everyone who actually thought that bit was real...!

It was @SeaEagleRock8 's yacht.
Just GE stirring folks, it's definitely Dans boat, just probably not technically a super yacht
Everything Is Fine Reaction GIF

Bit worried about who is going to stop Taumololo, especially with Jake on reduced minutes and no Keppie. Maybe we should assign the task to Harper (half joking)

Looks like as expected and Turbo will be rested.

Tom Trbojevic and Nathan Cleary won’t be backing up their State of Origin heroics after their NRL clubs opted to rest their most precious assets for round 14 | @mrchrisnico @app85 @proshenks

This is a joke plays for nsw in a no one cares game and dogs it for us in a desperate game we need to win.
New rule should be implemented if you don't back up for your club you are ruled out of next origin.

Sick and tired of players not putting the people (clubs) who pay their wages first.

He will be sitting in the stands when our finals hopes go up in smoke but good news he will be right for origin 2.

****ing priorities

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12