PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Cowboys [Round 14, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is it just me or is this thread less active as a sticky? Pregame threads usually hover near the top so might not be the best thread to sticky. I often scroll straight past the stickies as they are slower moving threads.
I think the thread was made quite early because of Manly's bye (and @Jethro is an efficient champion) and was stickied as the thought was the game is so far away the thread would get lost on page 2,3,4,5,or w/e.

Then... as all mods were partying on Dan's super yacht rolling around in all the ST gold and booze and food and good looking people of our choosing - all of us forgot to "un-sticky" it.
@Will on the hill.
Yep, the thread was made and posted straight after the Round 12 game against the Knights (May 30, 2021 at 7:45 PM) and it was made a 'Sticky' thread for the very reason that @globaleagle mentioned in his post that I have quoted above (well, except for the bit about Dan's super yacht). I had every intention of releasing the thread back out into the open once I had created and posted the Game Day and Post Game Discussion threads and once they were made and posted, the Pre-Game Discussion thread was released.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
After watching tonight's origin match you would like to think dce and Jake will back up (either didn't do much)... rest the prize jewel being Tommy though!
I think they all play. It was a Tom highlight reel for sure, but it was largely all attack. No energy burnt organizing the line or flying from one side of the field to the next. We need to beat the cows so Tom plays for mine. Jake and Dce def play.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Big game this, after the disappointment of last week.

Whilst we are fresh after a bye with injuries returning, we have origin disruption to half our spine. This is a chance to either showcase our youth, prove how we deal with the origin-induced disruption, and test our depth in many positions should players be unable to back-up (which you would think is a strong possibility given its in Townsville with a 2-day turnaround)

At home, Bozo to honour, decent opposition in the Cowboys who are also rested after a bye, with momentum and small pool of injured players compared to us. Could be quite overwhelming.

This is the sort of game you expect Melbourne would win handsomely if they were in our shoes. We need to develop that kind of culture where we don't lean on cop-outs and excuses (like the absolute garbage Refs last week) - we just need to find a way in these games.

There are plenty of 'first graders' that are now regarded as fringe - guys like Walker, Suli, & Taufua - and they need to excel should they be chosen. These players that were formerly regarded as first choice need to play hungry, re-earn their spot. Some of their careers likely depend on it.

We simply need to win these sorts of games, and have our depth step in with a vengeance and a point to prove. Some players have done that brilliantly - Harper, Guac, Sipley come to mind as depth who are deservedly frontline now on performance. Hopefully the returning veterans feed off their enthusiasm and feel they must also earn their spot.

Barrett introduced a soft mental underbelly to the squad in my view, and you can see it afflicting the Doggies now - who had oodles more grit and competitiveness under Dean Pay.

These are the exact sorts of games that previously we would not only lose, but would also trigger a run of poor form that positions us firmly as also-rans. Last start against the Knights saw the re-emergence of that trait. It has to be stamped out, starting with the Cowboys on Friday.

Lift boys, Lift for Bozo, and start building the foundations of our Fortress again.

PS one more note: If Lottoland have abandoned stadium sponsorship, resulting in their name being dropped from the tickets/ground, then good fkn riddance. Partnering with that merchant of human misery was a stain on our brand, and regardless of the money they offered it was a pact with the devil. It was karma that we had such a poor record at Brookie with that parasite branding our beloved oval. I hope that relationship is over. Fingers crossed URM buried that scum where it belongs - at Kimbriki tip.
My god, someone who uses paragraphs and spacing to make it easy on dodgy eyes. There is a cpl posters who should take notice.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Newcastle ran Tom into the ground in defence, shifting the ball side to side.

Garrick needs to play a bit of fullback defensively and take some load off Tommy, if possession and field position are against us like that again.

Last edited:

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
My god, someone who uses paragraphs and spacing to make it easy on dodgy eyes. There is a cpl posters who should take notice.

I do that all the time you limey bugger and you've never thanked me once so I am not going to do it anymore and I hope you go blind trying to read my posts even though we all know the real reasons your eyes are dodgy.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Newcastle ran Tom into the ground in defence, shifting the ball side to side.

Garrick needs to play a bit of fullback defensively and take some load off Tommy, if possession and field position are against us like that again.
All penalties, sim bins and 6agains they got certainly helped them do that

40 nil

It's only a game ...
DCE looked gassed (& distraught) after the game. Jurbo only played @ 40 minutes. Turbo uninjured.

Expect DCE & Jurbo to play tomorrow night. Won't be surprised if Turbo backs up also for the Bob Fulton tribute game (decision probably left to him).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13