PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Cowboys [Round 14, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Some morons think by stopping club footy in that time that it’s a free kick to other codes.If club sides are not playing that weekend,who is saying they’re going to watch,say AFL and never come back to League again?I love all sport and try to keep up to date with all codes(not Union)but I’m certainly not abandoning Manly/League because my team isn’t playing that particular weekend.With the amount of stress Manly gives me,I quite enjoy a weekend off once in a while
Agreed. We already take one weekend off. One more wouldn't hurt anyone. I'd argue that 2 rounds of 4 **** games with all the best players out is more of a detriment than an extra week off.

Easy money. Sucked in Sports bet , I got in before Trbojevic was pulled.

There's a 0% win chance !

Des isn't an over .500 coach anymore.

People can whinge and peacock for him, but his last few years at Canterbury, plus the three back here has been terrible win % wise

Tom will be missing more games this season (three more) at the expense of Origin, and likely our season.

Let's hope he doesn't get injured in Origin..Games leading up they both backoff anyways (rewatch the Knights game for exhibit A).

With turbo not playing glad I have something on tomorrow night which means I can't make it.

Yes I get resting turbo but this is a must win game tomorrow, with cowboys pretty much full strength I don't like our chances now.

To me tomorrow night is season defining we have to beat teams around us in order to be playing finals footy.

With the news of turbo being rested expect a very small crowd tomorrow night.
Yep, we are 6-6. If this is not a crucial game I don't know what is.

The club really had no choice but to Rest Tommy. Whoever at the NRL made the decision to play on a Friday night less than 48 hours from an Origin game needs their head read.

Yet again the clubs are at the mercy of the TV deal and with it being a long weekend, surely they could have played the 8 games between Saturday and Monday. Oh well.

It does restrict our chances a bit and tomorrow I think will be a 101 slog, heavy pitch and ripe for conservative play, good kick chase, running hard and completing sets. I think Foran will play a big role tomorrow night and DCE will want to redeem himself. I think that Jake will be relatively fresh after playing limited minutes last night.

The team will want to put on a good performance after the lackluster effort in Newcastle and to celebrate the passing of Bozo.

I do wish the NRL would play origin away from the NRL season as it really affects the quality of games and you get teams being penalised for their success.
Looking ahead, to game 3 I think we have the Friday night game again FFS!

People can whinge and peacock for him, but his last few years at Canterbury, plus the three back here has been terrible win % wise

Tom will be missing more games this season (three more) at the expense of Origin, and likely our season.

Let's hope he doesn't get injured in Origin..Games leading up they both backoff anyways (rewatch the Knights game for exhibit A).
It is certainly going to re-ignite the whole one-man-team debate that's for sure. We will pay for a 0-4 start to the year.

Hope you enjoy your death riding mate but Des is still at .568

Well, 6 wins, 6 losses equates to .500 by my maths? Maybe I'm wrong.

Like I said, we won 4-5 games in succession after winning 1 from 16. We are now losing again.

Is that death riding, or reality ? Maybe I should make the results up to sound better like you have ?
That's his career stats, including taking over perennial losers and turning them into premiership contenders/winners.

Walker was a fish out of water for 4 weeks but was improving and it leaves all of the combinations that have been going well intact. Only other options would be Garrick or Harper, both would require significant reshuffles.
Garrick to FB, Koula to wing, I just don't trust Walker's defensive abilities, I've got serious reservations about our chances with Walker at the back, I can only hope he proves me wrong

That's his career stats, including taking over perennial losers and turning them into premiership contenders/winners.
How is that in any way relevant to his current results / recent seasons ?

Hasn't the game changed over that time ?

Not sure how looking at 2008 (for example) is an indicator or his current trends (last 5 years).

Anyways, , we'll see on Friday if we are a one player team, and Tommy is carrying us results wise.

How is that in any way relevant to his current results / recent seasons ?

Hasn't the game changed over that time ?

Not sure how looking at 2008 (for example) is an indicator or his current trends (last 5 years).

Anyways, , we'll see on Friday if we are a one player team, and Tommy is carrying us results wise.
When you threw out less than .500 with no other parameters I assumed you were talking about career stats. If you were talking about this year only then he is still an exactly .500 coach.

Not sure where our points come from without Tom or Schuster… we’ll show up in defence though. Still a chance

Last edited:
When you threw out less than .500 with no other parameters I assumed you were talking about career stats. If you were talking about this year only then he is still an exactly .500 coach.
I said he's not over .500 "anymore", then specifically said last few years at Bulldogs , and three back with us.

Anyways, Origin is good, but I think it should be outside of the season proper.

There are players who step back and play within themselves the week before in my opinion (to avoid injury) - which is why I put10 bucks on the Knights last weekend , then rest after the rep game. Frustrates me.

I love that my favourite ever Manly player knocked back Origin (Jamie Lyon) to focus on the club when we were struggling. Bloke was all class. People will bring up the leaving of Parramatta, but how Smith treated him when his wife was heavily sick was disgusting (and a lot of people don't know that story).

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8