PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Chooks v Manly [Round 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are in MASSIVE trouble. Lets break this down:

Dylan Walker, World class centre, and back-up 5/8 playing fullback for the first time
Lachlan Croker, under sized half back, and last years utility playing starting Hooker
Haumole Olakau'atu, can't even make the side, but Gosi can start
Morgan Boyle beats out Keppie, Sipley and others
Tevita Funa, all round toiler gets the nod over Cade Cust (who played 14 in the ASG)
Taniela Paseka pushed back to the bench

Is Des hanging out with Fainu and Suli on those pipes?
Gee overreaction at all Ryan? It’s round one mate. Let’s just see how they go first and wait until after the game to lose it lol

I dont get having Funa there ,Schuster can cover anything Funa can and most likely make a good fist of 9 or 13 if he has to which Funa certainly can't.I get the Walker idea but for me I want all my best players on the park as close to their correct positions as possible ,and therefore Schu has to be in the 17
But how many comps have I won in the last 15 years ....errr none

Schuster left out of the 17.
The side named will not necessarily be the one that plays but no Schuster either way.
Thank you for your honest reporting

can u give any reason as to why Schuster is not going to get a run at all on Saturday seems crazy leaving him out of the 17 all together.

My team:

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Moses Suli
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Cade Cust
10. Marty Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Josh Schuster
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Swear my team would destoy Des abomination.

When the two injured / suspended boys return. full strength:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Moses Suli
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Josh Schuster
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Parker, jetski, boyle, Croker to blacktown in comes Mole, Schuster, Saddler, Cust surely!

Im just disappointed Saddler isn’t closer. Not too sure on Boyle, i’d prefer Saddler or someone, but I think he deserves it over Keppie, who needs to find himself again. Expect Schu to make his way in the side over Funa either before kickoff or next week but I get why Funa is there for rd 1 (a backup incase the Dylan Walker fullback experiment fails miserably). Still I doubt Croker will play 80 mins so expect some last minute team changes.

Des just seems to be trialling some things. I don’t know how I feel about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schuster could still get a run
Keppie could replace Boyle
So not all lost just yet
Guac had an injury apparently and missed the trial so could be the reason he was left
Harper well Des doesn’t rate him but could still get a chance
The Squad will change I hope

I could deal with all of the other selections - but no Schuster, even when Cust is out - mind boggling.

If Schuster doesn't come in late, then Crocker is expected to play the full 80. Funa at hooker if Crocker needs a spell or goes down? I doubt it.

Otherwise, Foran goes to hooker, Dylan to 5/8 and Funa to fullback - which is a ridiculously over-complication shift when Schuster could slot straight into 5/8. He can play anywhere in the backline, or edge backrower, or I'm sure could spell Crocker at hooker for 20 minutes if needed.

Disappointing.

My team:

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Moses Suli
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Cade Cust
10. Marty Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Josh Schuster
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Swear my team would destoy Des abomination.

When the two injured / suspended boys return. full strength:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Moses Suli
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Josh Schuster
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey
Ryan who's that other islander fella that fell of the radar last season?was a gun under twenty, I'd have him replace Davey but your side would kick dessies arse!

Thank you for your honest reporting

can u give any reason as to why Schuster is not going to get a run at all on Saturday seems crazy leaving him out of the 17 all together.
My only thought is that Des thinks that Schuster needs some full games in reserves, along with Haumole. They have not played games for quite a long time, with no NSW cup last year. Match fitness and game management experience are important.

Ryan who's that other islander fella that fell of the radar last season?was a gun under twenty, I'd have him replace Davey but your side would kick dessies arse!

I think you mean Haumole Olakau'atu (people call him Guaca) mate. Sipley also got more time under Barrett, but think you meant Haumole.

Interesting. With no dummy half on the bench, I can see Schuster being swapped for one of the bench players on the day.
Yes...... get rid of that plodder Boyle. He would take in a good minute to run the 100! Not a great bench with Funa and Schu - but I think we need Funa there in case the Walker experiment is a disaster. And we need Schu there because...... he is multi talented and a cut above most in our squad albeit inexperienced and without Turbo we need points and his creativity can help get some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only thought is that Des thinks that Schuster needs some full games in reserves, along with Haumole. They have not played games for quite a long time, with no NSW cup last year. Match fitness and game management experience are important.
At #18 he won't get a game anywhere. Absolutely mind boggling selection. Surely he comes in place of Funa or Lance. This has to be a Des ploy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8