PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Chooks v Manly [Round 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dont get having Funa there ,Schuster can cover anything Funa can and most likely make a good fist of 9 or 13 if he has to which Funa certainly can't.I get the Walker idea but for me I want all my best players on the park as close to their correct positions as possible ,and therefore Schu has to be in the 17
I think it’s incase Walker’s fullback experiment ****s the bed

Thank you for your honest reporting

can u give any reason as to why Schuster is not going to get a run at all on Saturday seems crazy leaving him out of the 17 all together.
We need direction so Foran is a logical inclusion at 6. Then it becomes a case of playing a rookie with 1 fg game of experience in a role he has never filled. The club don’t wanna rush him. That’s just typical Des. He plays it safe. I believe we definitely need Foz but if I was the coach, I’d play Schuster at centre and let him learn off Foran whilst getting game time and experience. He is a hell of a centre. He’d become the best centre in the game by the end of the year if he got a run. I think he is a little green to steer the ship just yet though, so I agree with the Foran selection. You don’t win games on highlight reels.

Last edited:
I can see des playing silly buggers with some of the selections, like we all know Schuster will get a bench spot...
What scares me is the dead set sh!thouse backline.. Garrick and Parker shouldn't be anywhere near a first grade side... I'm HOPING funa will start at 1,Walker to centre and Parker playing left right out, otherwise it will be more of the same from last year .

Positives . LOVE seeing DCE foz 6/7 combination once again...

Can't wait to watch Jack's break out season hitting holes off Foran. So much to be excited about here. I reckon Shuey will be in on game day, Funa might even sneak into the starting fullback spot but an outside back will drop off.

My team:

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Moses Suli
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Cade Cust
10. Marty Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Josh Schuster
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Swear my team would destoy Des abomination.

When the two injured / suspended boys return. full strength:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Moses Suli
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Josh Schuster
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey
I like your team better

At #18 he won't get a game anywhere. Absolutely mind boggling selection. Surely he comes in place of Funa or Lance. This has to be a Des ploy.
That is what I thought until I saw @Snake say that Schuster won't come in. He has been right about everything else, so my confidence of the Schu playing has plummeted.

Far out @Snake - couldn't you get something wrong so I could at least have false hope he'll play?!

We need direction so Foran is a logical inclusion at 6. Then it becomes a case of playing a rookie with 1 fg game of experience in a role he has never filled. The club don’t wanna rush him. That’s just typical Des. He plays it safe. I believe we definitely need Foz but if I was the coach, I’d play Schuster at centre and let him learn of Foran whilst getting game time and experience. He is a hell of a centre. He’d become the best centre in the game by the end of the year if he got a run. I think he is a little green to steer the ship just yet though, so I agree with the Foran selection. You don’t win games on highlight reels.
Surely Schuster at #14 or #15. We need an X factor, a game breaker not f**king plodders.

Im just disappointed Saddler isn’t closer. Not too sure on Boyle, i’d prefer Saddler or someone, but I think he deserves it over Keppie, who needs to find himself again. Expect Schu to make his way in the side over Funa either before kickoff or next week but I get why Funa is there for rd 1 (a backup incase the Dylan Walker fullback experiment fails miserably). Still I doubt Croker will play 80 mins so expect some last minute team changes.

Des just seems to be trialling some things. I don’t know how I feel about it.
This does raise a valid point - why did we only play one trial, compared to others teams who played three - if we still need to trial things?

If Schuster isn't in the 17 on game day then I'm going to have to find another interest this winter. I just can't take another year of Des' conservative loser mentality.
And if Olakau'atu is injured, then give us an injury list. Not that it should matter because that kid was ignored throughout last year's abomination.

That is what I thought until I saw @Snake say that Schuster won't come in. He has been right about everything else, so my confidence of the Schu playing has plummeted.

Far out @Snake - couldn't you get something wrong so I could at least have false hope he'll play?!
lol lol yes Snake with his accuracy can leave us feeling flat lo
l

Put it this way, as it stands he is not training as if he will play. That is usually the best indicator of a ‘late change’
They usually train with the side in the position they’ll play come game day...thus, if Schuster is to play, it’ll be a genuine ‘late change by necessity’

It seems fairly certain that the 17 that plays on Saturday will be different to the 17 selected today. Last week, I didn't try to predict the 17, but did manage to pick 20 of 21 (Cust out, Sipley in)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8