PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Chooks v Manly [Round 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only way you can enjoy today's game is to go down to Coles or Woolies and buy a BBQ Chook.

Rip into it at the start of the game, with a vengeance, throw the bones on the floor, along with the empty tinnies (one for every try).

By the end of the game, you will probably be in a sh*t fight and won't have time to feel sorry for yourself!

Is it just me or is Des himself looking a bit fitter and more focused this year? That little pot belly he had last year after the surgery is gone.

Lets hope it translates into a fitter and more focused Manly in 2021.

I'm in no way qualified to comment on what Des was and is thinking with respect to his team selections however, I'm more than qualified to assess and decide on the activities of my family's discretionary spending.

Today, Des forced me to think long and hard about the attitude of this Club from the front office, back office and everything in between.

I am a life-long Sea Eagle fan, coerced my wife into becoming a member during our courtship and then signed up my two young children the day they were born.

I'm a hard dollar paying member for the last 14 years and the rest of my family the last 8 years so BOZO, I represent, sorry I represented 4 memberships in those numbers last year.

However, I waited until this very day to see what Des may have served up knowing the precarious position of our roster and the absolute and unadulterated garbage towards the back end of last year.

And sadly, my fears were realised.

If I hear another comment along the lines of "maybe he is protecting player X from time inevitable thrashing coming up this weekend", I'm going to pull out the last three strands of hair, fighting the good fight on top of my head.

If they don't feel the pain of a loss in sport, big or small, how do you expect them to deal with the loss, life isn't all about winning, given as one who wins, another loses; the measure of yourself is your ability to deal with the losses as much as the wins.

Give these kids a chance but no, we give those who "will get it right because they've been there before" another run.

Well I've had enough, no more money from my family.

I feel a collective helplessness amongst many Sea Eagle fans and our plight will not improve until we see an improvement within our Club.

To that end, my contribution, in monetary terms, is minuscule, maybe enough to supply the toilet paper to the boardroom at HQ however, I've no other avenue to express my disgust.

In my business, if my service provider isn't up to the standard I expect of them, I sit down with them and have them listen to my concerns and I afford them an opportunity to improve.

I'll do it two or three times, however, the longer the problems continue, if it isn't fixed then I'm being disingenuous to myself and to the service provider as I'm giving them false hope.

Today, through our coach and his staff, the Manly Warrigah Sea Eagles became the service provider and today, I've decided to end my monetary relationship with them.

I'll be back at a time when I feel the club isn't taking me for granted.
Your vision turned out to be spot on, the way we played today is hard to stomach.

There has to be something going on in the background that has seen the club have a fantastic season in 2019, to astonishing new lows in 2020 and 2021.

I would like to see the club throw good money at Cam Smith to be our head coach.

Hard to stomach indeed.

There was a comment regarding Todd Payton.

Take it from me, Todd Payton as a human being is the type of person I'd love at this club, he is an honest young man, who seeks the counsel of many, many learned people in the game and also backs himself to lead young men.

When he announced to the Warriors that his future lay outside the club, he committed to each and every player, a promise to help improve them as a person first, a player second.

He told them what when the time comes to play against me, I want to see the results of our effort, for your effort spurs me to ensure my team plays better to best you.

There were many players young players sad to see him leave but in the short time he spent with them, he left an indelible mark on each of them.

The Cowboys may not make a mark on the competition, but first, he'll make a mark on each of them and challenge them to improve each week.

As a supporter you can see improvement in your team, I saw nothing of the kind tonight.

To quote Hal Holbrook from a great 80's movie:

Man looks in the abyss, there's nothing staring back at him. At that moment, man finds his character. And that is what keeps him out of the abyss.

club have a fantastic season in 2019
2019 was a mirage. We were always getting a bounce back after Barrett was sacked no matter who was coach.

This should not be a surprise Des was finished at the dogs. He has run out of ideas unlike other older coaches who can adjust Des hasn't kept up with the modern day.

2019 was a mirage. We were always getting a bounce back after Barrett was sacked no matter who was coach.

This should not be a surprise Des was finished at the dogs. He has run out of ideas unlike other older coaches who can adjust Des hasn't kept up with the modern day.
I f do not doubt Des is a major reason why our performances have been poor.

For me the senior players are performing well below expectations, the current care free attitude and the press conferences we are seeing lack accountability.

Des is not the lone soldier to why we are well below the other teams on the competition, he is the head coach though who needs to pick players on current performance and attitude.

I am a life-long Sea Eagle fan, coerced my wife into becoming a member during our courtship and then signed up my two young children the day they were born.
However, I waited until this very day to see what Des may have served up knowing the precarious position of our roster and the absolute and unadulterated garbage towards the back end of last year.
And sadly, my fears were realised.

Well I've had enough, no more money from my family.

So.... what happens if your wife and kids want to remain members?

Melbourne star Brandon Smith is reportedly prepared to “buy his way out” of his contract with the Storm in order to join an NRL rival that is prepared to let him play starting hooker.​

Smith is contracted to Melbourne until the end of 2022 but could pay the Storm as much as $200,000 to get a release at the end of this season.

On game day numbers mean nothing and wanting to win badly means everything
On game day some numbers are really important. I guess they just didn't want to win very much at all.
1615677170823.png

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8