Positives from tonights game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
On Friday the 13th Manly couldn't find 13 men to play a game of rugby league.....
They found a guy willing to be captain and run around in 360 circles. They found a group of forwards willing to go backwards. They found a fullback willing to play way back and watch tries scored. They found a winger who wants to be a fullback so dialled it in at wing.

The positive for the team is that if the game was at Suncorp. If they played like that at Brookvale, they would have been booed off at full time.

We will beat parramatta next week,

Good point, chuckee. We played almost as poorly last week but managed to jag a win so the team's plentiful deficiencies were easier to overlook. Harder to overlook being flogged by the Broncos 38-0.
A great observation. Our fragility has been looking us in the face since Cronulla game and possibly much earlier. Tigers game was a scappy win with tries disallowed for Tigers.

Thats great but who goes in? To replace a coach you need a coach? Are we going to experiment with a rookie al la twenty? Are we going to go for ' Mr commentator' Flanagan?
Sure dump des but make sure you put someone in thats better.

The problem with Barrett, is he wanted to be the players mates too much. So not someone like him. It didn't work.

You go for a coach like Craig Fitzgibbon or Todd Payten. Remember all the media about Payten not tolerating any crap. He said this is my expectation, if you don't like it, your riding the pine (and Taumalolo had his minutes seriously reduced, despite the media losing their marbles about it?).

We need someone with a head for the modern game. I'd love to know how Cooper Cronk would go coaching. As long as he was an authoritarian, that would be great, but I'd also hope for accountability.

I do think Cameron Ciraldo would be a good coach. We have too many jobs for "the boys". At least Ciraldo would be fluent with the media and not come off like the town drunk.

We are looking very much like plonkers The Bulldogs were just before Des got axed. We NEED a cultural change. Not being able to beat any decent team is a worry.

I guess the problem is Des has taken a rabble of a team to the qualifying semi in his first year. Then had a rough year when they changed the rules and Tommy was absent. Then a preliminary final in year 3. And now we are mid table.
Not exactly a crisis dont you think?

Its not like we are wooden spoon bound....

I haven’t seen this theory thrown up previously, so I will do the honours.

Three of our heaviest defeats this year were at the hands of teams who suffered heavy defeats against Manly in their last encounters. Those teams (Goiters, Narcs, Brumbies) thus had a lot of added motivation this time around and ambushed Manly in the first half of the respective return bouts.

The problem with Barrett, is he wanted to be the players mates too much. So not someone like him. It didn't work.

You go for a coach like Craig Fitzgibbon or Todd Payten. Remember all the media about Payten not tolerating any crap. He said this is my expectation, if you don't like it, your riding the pine (and Taumalolo had his minutes seriously reduced, despite the media losing their marbles about it?).

We need someone with a head for the modern game. I'd love to know how Cooper Cronk would go coaching. As long as he was an authoritarian, that would be great, but I'd also hope for accountability.

I do think Cameron Ciraldo would be a good coach. We have too many jobs for "the boys". At least Ciraldo would be fluent with the media and not come off like the town drunk.

We are looking very much like plonkers The Bulldogs were just before Des got axed. We NEED a cultural change. Not being able to beat any decent team is a worry.
Prob best team we could put on the paddock to. Well except Turbo and Sandwich broken,

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10