Positives from tonights game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I will never understand how people can compare the two halves in a game like tonight.

Brisbane smashed us from the 1st minute, until the 80th.

Sure, Cherry was headless....as he always is when our pigs get belted, and Reynolds was sublime....as all good halves can be, when their pigs are doing the belting.
So, not only as a half but also as our captain… who is responsible for motivating the team? Who is responsible for telling the pigs exactly where to be and what to do when the chips are down? Who is responsible for inspiration? Certainly not our captain headless chook. He does it intermittently… it’s like he is stubbornly stuck to one line of operating and when circumstances (which he can’t always control) don’t go our way, he has nothing to adapt. Nothing. Just screams at the heavens why o why doesn’t the game go the way I want it to?

So, not only as a half but also as our captain… who is responsible for motivating the team? Who is responsible for telling the pigs exactly where to be and what to do when the chips are down? Who is responsible for inspiration? Certainly not our captain headless chook. He does it intermittently… it’s like he is stubbornly stuck to one line of operating and when circumstances (which he can’t always control) don’t go our way, he has nothing to adapt. Nothing. Just screams at the heavens why o why doesn’t the game go the way I want it to?

Can you point me to a game, in the over 100 year history of footy, where a halfback has won a game for his team, after the forwards have been absolutely and completely dominated for the entire 80 minutes....like we were tonight.

Yeah sure, Cherry did his usual headless chook, kick on the 3rd tackle, brain-dead stuff...but to blame him, or Foran, for tonight's result is ridiculously simplistic.

Can you point me to a game, in the over 100 year history of footy, where a halfback has won a game for his team, after the forwards have been absolutely and completely dominated for the entire 80 minutes....like we were tonight.

Yeah sure, Cherry did his usual headless chook, kick on the 3rd tackle, brain-dead stuff...but to blame him, or Foran, for tonight's result is ridiculously simplistic.
Of course the pigs have responsibility… but who is the captain? What is a captain? Is it just a status symbol with a pretty (C) next to your name? What did DCE actually do to redirect the pigs’ energy and focus? He took a dumb ass 3rd tackle kick after we had been starved of possession… yeah, as a pig, I’m inspired [not]. He kicked completely impotent bombs all night. Oh, and let’s not forget that defensive effort on Coates’ try…

I am a big DCE supporter @mave but tonight he really did screw the pooch....
yes, our forwards were terrible and no it was not all DCE's fault BUT Cherry (and Foz) blew the few opportunities that we had early (when the momentum was being decided)... the kick for Tom was the ONLY effective kick in the first half (and maybe the whole game)...
their play was slow, passes and kicks were inaccurate and we never presented the defence with any choices to make or managed to sustain any pressure (which was largley attributable to our poor attacking kicks)...

Has to be the DUMBEST decision to play Broncos in their own stadium, and class it as a home game. Cop that season ticket holders. In a season so many games have already been taken away

So many other games already taken away?

I would have been inspired if DCE took a forward hit up at complete full velocity and commitment, got smashed and then turned to his forwards screaming like a crazed Scottish warrior. That’s the sort of .$hit that would inspire me… not this yea-sipping glory shot-taking low percentage glam BS.

Cobbo's value will go up and make the Broncos pay more
Souths will be choking after another performance from Reynolds
Good crowd for tonights game considering the weather
Billy Walters best hooker on the ground
I am sure there are plenty more positives
the game is finished
it only went for 80 minutes
we didn't interrupt the Bunker with having to microscopically look at every try we score ,as we didn't score any
know one got sent off

I am a big DCE supporter @mave but tonight he really did screw the pooch....
yes, our forwards were terrible and no it was not all DCE's fault BUT Cherry (and Foz) blew the few opportunities that we had early (when the momentum was being decided)... the kick for Tom was the ONLY effective kick in the first half (and maybe the whole game)...
their play was slow, passes and kicks were inaccurate and we never presented the defence with any choices to make or managed to sustain any pressure (which was largley attributable to our poor attacking kicks)...

Oh I agree.
I'm not a big DCE lover tbh. I thought I already addressed the 3rd tackle kick, and headless chook stuff.

And can someone explain why Tom, and others, consistently get held-up/stripped in the in-goal area.....very fustrating.

So many other games already taken away?

Yes, we are playing Parra next round (round 11) at CommBank Stadium, then play The Storm the round after (round 12) at AAMI Park.

That will mean 3 games out of 12 have been played at home - this isn't a normal home & away record, and has really taken away from us season ticket holders.

We'll also be losing both those matches by a very big / good margin.

It was raining really really hard and we were wearing those Storm jerseys, so perhaps nobody saw it???

Yes, we are playing Parra next round (round 11) at CommBank Stadium, then play The Storm the round after (round 12) at AAMI Park.

That will mean 3 games out of 12 have been played at home - this isn't a normal home & away record, and has really taken away from us season ticket holders.

We'll also be losing both those matches by a very big / good margin.

I'm also an "us season ticket holder".

Do we not get the opportunity to see the usual 10 home games at Brookie this year?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8