Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it necessary to have to wear the colours representing gay pride to be considered a person of acceptance and tolerance.

In the same way i wouldn't wear a Parra Jersey or Chinese National team Jersey or a Jersey representing pot smoking bong loving culture, i accept all exist, i get along with all that were mentioned but i should not be forced to wear something just to conform and appease others.

I don't support every element of the letters LGBTQ+ but i accept differences exist, all i have to do as an individual is treat "humans" respectfully, that is it.

Treating humans respectfully doesn't mean i can't have opinions or my own ideals, it is just you don't force ones ideals and opinions on others.

In the same way people who don't believe in a God shouldn't mock or tell others they are wrong, same goes for God believers not pushing their beliefs on non believers, if you want to believe it will come to you, if you don't want to believe i totally get the reasons why also.

Just don't make me conform to what others feel is necessary to show/prove acceptance and tolerance.

Playing together as a team with all sexualities, religions and races getting along to achieve a common goal is already happening, promotions are just tokenism and marketing schemes that highlight individualities at the expense of just being and celebrating human life.

Let the players who don't want to participate in the promotion not participate why does it have to drag on because others are offended by their stance.

To earn a living and be employed sexuality shouldn't even enter the equation in the corporate world.

Last edited:
I mean what do you mean by treating people equally?
Treat people according to how they behave not what race or sexuality etc they happen to be.

Why do we need to bring sports into politics in the first place?
Sport doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's played by people, people live in communities, communities are subject to political forces. Politics is about power, is it not?
May as well say keep politics out of literature or films. It is in there, regardless of whether or not we even notice it.

In answer - (and good questions)
Acceptance - to me just means don't discriminate against people, treat people as equal

Compulsion? sure, i think it should be illegal to discriminate against people on the basis of their sexuality. In addition, for years the employment contracts I've signed have included requirements to treat people equally and avoid any sort of discrimination.

The movie - sorry I haven't seen that movie you mention.

What should Manly do?
1. don't pretend the issue will go away
2. raise the issue at NRL. By 'the issue' I mean the significant increase in NRL of players who may be religious or have other cultural beliefs that conflict with NRL core beliefs about inclusivity.
3. Keep the dialogue going in some way within the club. Lectures and external course providers apparently have little or no effect so it would have to be by inviting people from religious and gay groups to speak with players, encourage open discourse, and try to develop some mutual understanding??? Won't be a simple or quick process but needs to begin, I would think
Point 2 is the easy part, promote inclusivity of "all" not behind a gay pride banner that has absolutely nothing to do with "all".

Make a "inclusivity" jersey that celebrates all differences including "religion" and that we all need to get along.(i'm sure all who didn't want to play will support that initiative)

In the same way "multicultural day" celebrates the acceptance of "all" nations and cultures not a Muslim day or Christian day or Jewish Day, such promotions only promote more individualism and unhealthy "pride" in being different.

Many countries and nations i can't stand yet i'm still friends of people from such countries and backgrounds.

6% of Australians are LGQT.

That 6% have have some of the highest disposable income in the county.

They also spend there money on products and with companies that align with their values.

Next year Australia will host World Pride in Sydney from the 17th August till March 5th. Expected international tourism figures expect 500k attendees.

It will be the biggest event Sydney has hosted since the Olympic Games in 2000

Hopefully my beloved Sea Eagles are over their homophobe views by this stage as they won’t be able to escape the rainbows for those weeks.
They also like most humans spend their money on products and companies that don't align with their values.

And if such a segment had low disposable income levels would that make the LGBTQ less important?

Treat people according to how they behave not what race or sexuality etc they happen to be.

Sport doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's played by people, people live in communities, communities are subject to political forces. Politics is about power, is it not?
May as well say keep politics out of literature or films. It is in there, regardless of whether or not we even notice it.
I strongly disagree SER8 the premise of sport is to bring people together and allow for politics and other things to be cast as side. Art is different as it is a personal form of communication by the artist and was used historically to communicate messages that authorities would not have condoned at face value amongst other things…

The olympics in was first created to bring traditionally warring states together. To allow them to cast their differences aside…

Politics is in part about power but only in part…
Btw agree on treating people based upon their character but wearing rainbow jerseys has nothing to do with this at all

Make a "inclusivity" jersey that celebrates all differences including "religion"
Why on earth would you suggest people who aren't religious celebrate religions? Half of religions hate each other, and without doing a straw poll I suspect nearly all of them are responsible for bulk horrendous events.
People can choose to be religious and frankly I have no issue with whatever people choose to believe. (Nor for that matter with whatever consenting adults choose to do under the covers.)

But when their beliefs start impacting their actions in ways that harm me or people I care about, then they are 100% accountable for those actions, whether they are inspired by their religious beliefs or not.

A lot of people here seem to be using the terms christianity and religion interchangeably. Is anyone here going to defend the Taliban's treatment of women on the basis it is religious? Really??!!

Why on earth would you suggest people who aren't religious celebrate religions? Half of religions hate each other, and without doing a straw poll I suspect nearly all of them are responsible for bulk horrendous events.
People can choose to be religious and frankly I have no issue with whatever people choose to believe. (Nor for that matter with whatever consenting adults choose to do under the covers.)

But when their beliefs start impacting their actions in ways that harm me or people I care about, then they are 100% accountable for those actions, whether they are inspired by their religious beliefs or not.

A lot of people here seem to be using the terms christianity and religion interchangeably. Is anyone here going to defend the Taliban's treatment of women on the basis it is religious? Really??!!
Hey SER8 a here is an example of the kind of posts I have critiqued you on recently. I know you were very keen to obtain evidence. You know very well that TC’s suggestion on a general inclusiveness jersey did not imply what you have stated below not even close, this is just a classic case of grand standing….

He just means a jersey that celebrates peoples diversity and differences whether it be politically or religious, race, whatever…the point of this is that it does not put one thing over another…
So based on what you say we can’t celebrate multiculturalism because some people from different countries hate each other. That’s just BS man…

So are you saying you wouldn't wear a jersey that is celebrating "inclusion" of all.

Nations built on the back of Christianity have some of the highest living standards and broader acceptance of all compared to other religions.

Many Southern European nations have less issues with alcohlism and don't drink the more hardline stuff that English speaking nations with ever reducing religious percentages consume.

How is the beliefs of the players choosing not to play harm the LQBTQ community, why do i need to promote Queers,Trans and non binary types under the same banner.

I just accept all i don't need to promote all.

You know very well that TC’s suggestion on a general inclusiveness jersey did not imply what you have stated below not even close,
We already had a general inclusiveness jersey, as you will recall a bunch of players refused to wear it because they figured it meant including gays.
Yes we can celebrate cultural diversity, of course there's no contradiction there at all.
How anyone can continue to mix up choosing a belief system vs not choosing but happening to have a certain age or race or sexuality or disability... you don't think there is any difference there?

Why is it necessary to have to wear the colours representing gay pride to be considered a person of acceptance and tolerance.

In the same way i wouldn't wear a Parra Jersey or Chinese National team Jersey or a Jersey representing pot smoking bong loving culture, i accept all exist, i get along with all that were mentioned but i should not be forced to wear something just to conform and appease others.

I don't support every element of the letters LGBTQ+ but i accept differences exist, all i have to do as an individual is treat "humans" respectfully, that is it.

Treating humans respectfully doesn't mean i can't have opinions or my own ideals, it is just you don't force ones ideals and opinions on others.

In the same way people who don't believe in a God shouldn't mock or tell others they are wrong, same goes for God believers not pushing their beliefs on non believers, if you want to believe it will come to you, if you don't want to believe i totally get the reasons why also.

Just don't make me conform to what others feel is necessary to show/prove acceptance and tolerance.

Playing together as a team with all sexualities, religions and races getting along to achieve a common goal is already happening, promotions are just tokenism and marketing schemes that highlight individualities at the expense of just being and celebrating human life.

Let the players who don't want to participate in the promotion not participate why does it have to drag on because others are offended by their stance.

To earn a living and be employed sexuality shouldn't even enter the equation in the corporate world.
All very interesting but I'm just wondering why you chose the Pride jumper as the jumper to use as an example to make your impassioned speech. I don't recall you getting on your high horse for the indigenous jumper.

All very interesting but I'm just wondering why you chose the Pride jumper as the jumper to use as an example to make your impassioned speech. I don't recall you getting on your high horse for the indigenous jumper.
I don't recall there ever being an issue of players boycotting either.

An indiginous jumper is clear for what it stands for, the gay pride colours represent one thing the clubs Marketing arm represented it as something more.

I'm not really a fan of all these promotions and have never purchased any of them.

We already had a general inclusiveness jersey, as you will recall a bunch of players refused to wear it because they figured it meant including gays.
Yes we can celebrate cultural diversity, of course there's no contradiction there at all.
How anyone can continue to mix up choosing a belief system vs not choosing but happening to have a certain age or race or sexuality or disability... you don't think there is any difference there?
This is so tiresome. You’re insatiable. You better get onto Wikipedia and correct it as it’s been remembered as the Pride jersey….I hope no social constructionist tendencies get the better of you and have you trying to change the narrative to what you might think it should be :)

@Technical Coach
As someone who has openly admitted to discriminating against gay people, I think you’re the last person who should be offering any sort of insight or advice into inclusivity and tolerance.
I discriminate in choice and type of friends i surround myself with, i don't discriminate in terms of how i interact with people in public or in the workplace.

And then there's Salmon Rushdie.

@Technical Coach
As someone who has openly admitted to discriminating against gay people, I think you’re the last person who should be offering any sort of insight or advice into inclusivity and tolerance.
I never once added "advice" or "insight" i just merely state my opinions and how i think which we are all entitled to do.

I never once proclaimed i am correct and others are wrong i just counter the opinions of others with my own views.

Would you rather the seven players just conformed and silently not agreed because it suits the promotional agenda to not consider all and a better win loss ratio?

A discerning discriminator you surely are!
I think this is a bit harsh to try and isolate TC in this way. If you read his posts properly you get the gist he is well intentioned.. and adds a distinct honest view to the forum. I don’t alway agree with him though and vice versa..
When choosing a significant other relationship partner I would discriminate on what type of woman I would choose provided the feelings were mutual of course.
what I mean by this is that I would only choose a woman that was born with female genitalia I would effectively discriminate against identified women who were born with male genitalia only in this context though. I respect peoples right to choose their gender and the pronouns associated with it and would defend any of them that were being unfairly treated.
What about you man? Would you too discriminate in this way when it comes to personal choice?

I think this is a bit harsh to try and isolate TC in this way. If you read his posts properly you get the gist he is well intentioned.. and adds a distinct honest view to the forum. I don’t alway agree with him though and vice versa..
When choosing a significant other relationship partner I would discriminate on what type of woman I would choose provided the feelings were mutual of course.
what I mean by this is that I would only choose a woman that was born with female genitalia I would effectively discriminate against identified women who were born with male genitalia only in this context though. I respect peoples right to choose their gender and the pronouns associated with it and would defend any of them that were being unfairly treated.
What about you man? Would you too discriminate in this way when it comes to personal choice?
He's talking about friends, not romantic partners.

He's talking about friends, not romantic partners.
Yeah man but I am still interested in your response to my question? I would not have an issue with being friends with gay people but one should be free to choose in this way on whatever prejudice they like. It’s personal….I know of a few lesbian women who would never be friends with hetro males. Why can’t TC have this same liberty without being isolated for it for being honest enough to admit it….

What about friends with benefits I wonder how you would choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12