Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it is simple, we all know that Politics, Religion and Sexuality are not required to ever be revealed be it in the workplace as a condition of employment or as a discussion full stop.

Education and laws that enable and promote inclusivity and protection is done at the Govt level and parenting. Corporations/businesses etc should never delve into such matters and risk cornering people to out their religious beliefs, sexuality or political persuasion in their place of employment.

If individuals want to promote a cause or bring together like minded people and use their celebrity status that is fine, clubs can ask players if they would like to promote “inclusivity” while representing the club like visiting schools etc which is also fine, this is still on an individual basis not grouping everyone to embrace a promotion.

This is not in my opinion about non acceptance of gays and lesbians, it is about over stepping the mark.

Dessie’s reply came across like it was carefully crafted written by lawyers and PR. I found the part about attaching the rainbow colours as meaning “inclusivity for all” a cleverly worded reply from lawyers, then linking this with an Autistic person story to broaden the definition and better suit the on the spot club narrative they wished to push to protect themselves.

Personally I don’t link gay,lesbian or bisexual as being any kind of sin, I accept the “born this way” science, no one would choose this sexuality beforehand knowing the struggles they would have to overcome. Transexuals I think shouldn’t be grouped with gays,lesbians and bisexuals under the same rainbow umbrella.

Just because I don’t feel comfortable around gay and bisexual men it doesn’t mean I don’t accept the “science” or would not respect them equally in the work place. I just choose not to befriend them and that is my choice, people call that discrimination so I just own it, I don’t really believe so

Serious question, if these players were Muslim, would we be having the same conversation? Would we be attacking the 7 players like what’s been said on this thread, especially by some of the more “well known” participants/mods.

Something similar happened in the WAFL earlier this year and didn’t seem to have the backlash that these young Christian players have had.

Thoughts?
People were reacting this way before we even got the names of the players

It’s a stupid, selfish hill to die on for all the seven players. Irrespective of culture. It’s made national news for a reason, not just because of their cultural background.

When a player or an employee has a problem they must come to the table with a solution and then things can be worked through, withdrawing their services is extremely poor. It’s a behavioural standard that no club or business can survive on.

Did they withdraw their services ? .... They refused to wear the said Jersey .... they are happy and willing to play ... it is the club and NRL that have said if you don't wear that jersey you can't play ..

Manly Players To Celebrate Night Off With Pokies Session Followed By Some Coked Up Group Sex​

https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...-some-coked-up-group-sex/&via=betootaadvocate
https://api.whatsapp.com/send?text=...-session-followed-by-some-coked-up-group-sex/

manly2.jpg

WENDELL HUSSEY | Cadet |CONTACT
A time-rich group of Manly Sea Eagles has today revealed to The Betoota Advocate how they plan to spend their Thursday night.
The players who won’t be taking the field at 4 Pines Park (formerly known as Lottoland) have explained that they’ll have quite a night on their hands.
With a night off, the players say they’ll be heading to the mammoth RSL down the road before picking up a few bags and heading back to one of the boy’s houses for some group sex.
“Yeah, gonna kick off with a bit of a punt and a few beers before finishing up with a bun,” said one of the players, using the rugby league euphemism for group sex.
“I mean, we won’t have a win under our belt, but hosting a group sex session with multiple men and a single woman is a rugby league tradition,” continued the man of faith covered in sleeve tattoos.
“It’s part of the fabric of the game of Rugby League.”
The cashed-up young men who get paid 100’s of 1000’s of dollars to play sport said they are looking forward to having a 6th night off this week.
“Gonna be good to blow off a bit of a steam,” said the young man.
“That’s something to celebrate,” finished the young footy player whose teammates have no issues standing by teammates who are domestic violence abusers or wearing a massive gambling logo on the front of their jersey.
More to come.

Assumption is where I am at with the withdrawal of their services, I haven’t read or heard anything from the players coming out and saying otherwise.

Could have been the club and could have been the NRL making the mandate, for me it’s the threat to withdraw services that can’t be acceptable.. that gang / union type mentality with strength in number’s is not tolerable.

Uzzie and SBW both came forward to the media with their views, they owned it.

If Aliens from another world suddenly turned up and we 'befriended' them would another letter be added to the current string of characters? Or would they come under the umbrella of '+'?

Serious question, if these players were Muslim, would we be having the same conversation? Would we be attacking the 7 players like what’s been said on this thread, especially by some of the more “well known” participants/mods.

Something similar happened in the WAFL earlier this year and didn’t seem to have the backlash that these young Christian players have had.

Thoughts?
Same question was trotted out yesterday except comparing with "whites" instead of "muslims". You can scroll through and read the responses if you're interested.

Thoughts?

You could be a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater for all I care. They’ve clearly indicated that they don’t think some are worthy of being part of our game or society. I don’t think most care what excuse they want to put up to justify their stance.

We have a coach who is "a very devout white Christian" who, while furious at the ham fisted approach by 'the club', passionately supports inclusivity.
He would NEVER pull such a stunt.
There is devout Christian and there is extreme devout Christian. My point never related to the coach but more to us as fans and the general public. Would there be such an uproar if the sitting 7 were white? I hope not but its hard to say either way.

Fair enough.

So religions and individuals who don’t abide by your view or what worthiness/society should look like, should be outed from the game?
Just an honest question.

It’s got nothing to do with me and everything to do with treating people fairly. It’s not hard to see when that’s the case.

You’d have to ask them mate.

They’ve just been asked a jersey to promote Pride amongst the LGBTQ community.
And from what I understand (through media reports) it doesn’t align with their own beliefs.
Are you not curious as to why it doesn't align with their beliefs?

But you do realise that fairness might be respecting everyone’s views/beliefs. Not just what you consider fair.

Absolutely, if beliefs don’t cause harm to others.

I’d be keen to hear your take on sharia law.

Yes, yes, yes - but where is the recognition for those who are truly marginalized in our society?

Left handed people? Nothing.
Rangas? Nothing.
People with freckles? Nothing.
People who inherit stupid, made-up, misspelled names from parents? Nothing.

Let's see a few commemorative jerseys, logos and 'special rounds' for the above (which is just a start), and I'll start to get more on board with all of this. When we show real diversity recognition.

Justice for all, I say!
:)
:* :party:

Thoughts?
I assume Saab is. He’s not Polynesian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9