Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing all I can to get to the game on Thursday and will hopefully be there to support inclusion (wearing pride colours) and the players who choose not to play. I believe you can do both.

Me too, I'm going to try hard to get there to support Manly, inclusivity, and our players too.

Likewise! Its a huge trek for us, especially on a Thursday night, but will do everything to get down there and support the boys and support inclusivity! I hope others will do the same!

I ask the question that if for instance there was a very devout white Christian core to our side who in the same circumstance also chose the same path of action would the same amount of hate be evident on these boards?

Lets say all the Turbos, garrick, croker, dce, foz and davey all pulled out would we be saying that they should never play for the club again? Just asking for a friend.....
Tbf I dont think there has been too much hate.

I've seen plenty of 'disappointments' and 'let em go' etc but nothing compared to an average gameday thread for a DCE, Croker, Harper, Parker (after a loss of course).

As per your question, in reading through most of these comments I personally don't think many, if any are coming from a place of racism, that said I hadn't really considered that lens.

Could you send me the link? I want to buy one and wear it around my conservative grandparents.

Red Baron; Just google 'where do I purchase the Manly Sea Eagle pride jersey' and follow the links. A very good discount too if you are a member. Delivery in August.

Quote "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opposed to gambling"

Quote "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (or "Mormons" as they are often referred to) abstain from the consumption of alcohol"

We are F&&ked. We play at 4 pines stadium and have Pointsbet on jersey. Until this is rectified I believe (if they believe) they should step down and not play.

The 15 other clubs are thinking "Thank you Manly, we were going to do something like this but we're not touching it with a ten foot pole now"
...and the NRL are thinking YAY the top eight are sorted!. We can start all our preparations for finals promotions early and we got Souths and Easts both in!. How good we got Latrell, Cody, Sammy, Teddy, Angus, Victor, Cookie, Kodi - wow the games just sell themselves!. Thankfully we don't have to deal with that pesky Manly club that we have been trying get rid of for a decade. Don't we hate them for what they did 40 years ago. We are so lucky to keep them out given they have such a strong squad too.

Talk about an own goal.

NYEagle

Oh how the ones pleading for tolerance and inclusion are the most intolerant ones of all.
That was the gist of what I was trying to say in another post about the virtue signalling.

You can’t advocate for inclusion and tolerance by demonstrating a lack of tolerance for those with opposing views/beliefs. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

The best way to promote understanding and influence discussions, is to be gentle and kind in manner. Ian Roberts has more reason than most on this forum to be angry, yet he was accepting of the 7 and their rights.

That’s more impactful than virtue signalling how disgusted one feels about the boycott.

...and the NRL are thinking YAY the top eight are sorted!. We can start all our preparations for finals promotions early and we got Souths and Easts both in!. How good we got Latrell, Cody, Sammy, Teddy, Angus, Victor, Cookie, Kodi - wow the games just sell themselves!. Thankfully we don't have to deal with that pesky Manly club that we have been trying get rid of for a decade. Don't we hate them for what they did 40 years ago. We are so lucky to keep them out given they have such a strong squad too.

Talk about an own goal.

NYEagle

We lose this week and its not over.

Also Canberra have a very tasty draw, reckon the make it at someones expense

Geez "virtue signalling" is everyones new buzz phrase.

Side note, I do think you can preach tolerence and then be intolerant of intolerence......ha if that makes sense.

For me personally, if the players absolutely need to stand down then so be it, we play on, on Thursday without them then back to the business againt the Eels.

Fair points on the faith and family pressure. It's a very divisive and emotive subject. Think we've all been mulling over how we feel about the club and the players over the last few days.

No one person, club or team is perfect. We each have differing viewpoints on what perfect is as well in terms of beliefs, social practices and life in general. It's so easy for me to sit here at work out and type out what I'd do in this situation or what the players, coaches and club should have done.

We're looking at it from our perspective on the matter. From what we've learnt over the course of our lives, what our beliefs and our values are. Not the seven men who aren't playing tomorrow night. They are the ones who have their own personal and privates lives (with their social groups of friends and family).

We have to accept and tolerate that this is reality for them. And appreciate that they are not bad people, they are human beings with emotions and feelings. That's life and that's the reality of this.

$160 FMD ... I guess all the controversy has helped sales. Good looking jersey but far out. I am sticking with my Northern Eagles one hahaha. $160!! Is that the standard price for jersey's (as you can tell I am a dinosaur).

Mate there's not many atrocities around the world more shameful than Australia's treatment of asylum seekers, or the incarceration rate of our First Nations people. Talk about an embarrassment on the world stage. Aside from that though I don't really understand your point, sorry.
Give it a rest, people go to gaol for breaking the law irrespective of colour or creed and asylum seekers bypass a lot of "safe" countries to make it here , mostly economic refugees...

Probably the player I am most disappointed in is Aloiai. Josh talks up gratitude and loyalty for his club, and his new contract. He talks up pride in the team he plays for. He did this at the Tigers too. Well I can see now, as others have said before about him, he's full of ****
Agree and from what I understand the one that talked the younger blokes out of playing.

The new information that the Pride jersey has been in the works for several months only compounds the incompetence-naivety of the departments within the club processing this. Des said he wasn't aware of the jersey till late Sunday.

It appears to me that the base fact is that employers cannot direct employees to endorse views that are against their religious beliefs. I'm fairly sure industrial regulations would be on the side of the players in this situation. Thus, if the NRL wants to promote a Pride Round in future, they will need to rethink the format as Islander players (who compose 45% of NRL players) are unlikely to support wearing a Pride jersey.

Like everyone, I am not happy that our season has been thrown into turmoil, but I fully support individuals' rights to religious freedom even though I don't agree with their views.

I have no negative thoughts about these wholesome young men. I will be cheering all of them, including Koula (our best centre), Olakau'atu (our best back rower) & Aloiai (our best front rower), as usual next week.

These Islander players, with hopefully the addition of some Fainus et al, can be the basis for the team's success for years to come. Some posters have said they would like to move them on, but wouldn't that be a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face?

What I don’t understand is why didn’t the team just wear the normal jersey? There was a big game to win to keep in the semis race. Why didn’t we just abandon the marketing campaign?
yes or put it off until another round so that it can be properly managed and sold to the players and public etc and solutions found, and also so that it doesnt distract from Women in League Round and the Got you for life campaign .
I and others have said it before that if there was a cluster f&^% tree and the genius who put this together was at the top of the tree, he has managed to hit every branch on the way down .You could not plan to phuck something up better than what these clowns have done ,they have ticked every box.
In fact I would go so far as to say they have achieved what may have been thought impossible, that is a PHD or 7th Dan Black belt in 24 carrot Clustor Phuckery in record time ,,outstanding
I am still in a state of shock about this whole thing ,just unbelievable.
Our season and our team derailed with one act of 100% incompetence
Anyways lets hope we can recover ,I think we will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10