Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain why you think this please? Thanks

You know this is the textbook definition of homophobia, don't you?
TC has to keep stopping posting on here to change the foot in his mouth.

Yesterday he was comparing being gay to being born with 2 hands & that gay people being proud of being gay was just like him being proud of being born with 2 hands.

Of course, that was after he was reminded that being gay wasn't a choice but rather something you're born as.

He also said being proud of being gay was like fat people being proud of being overweight & that he accepts gays as equal human beings but isn't friends with any gay men because they have personality traits that he doesn't like.

Oh, he does have a female bisexual friend but he's told her he doesn't approve of her lifestyle so she knows her place.

The hits just keep coming with this guy.

Yesterday he was comparing being gay to being born with 2 hands & that gay people being proud of being gay was just like him being proud of being born with 2 hands.

Of course, that was after he was reminded that being gay wasn't a choice but rather something you're born as.

He also said being proud of being gay was like fat people being proud of being overweight & that he accepts gays as equal human beings but isn't friends with any gay men because they have personality traits that he doesn't like.

Oh, he does have a female bisexual friend but he's told her he doesn't approve of her lifestyle so she knows her place.

Get your facts right, I said sexuality is not something to be proud of and giving an example to illustrate my point, if you didn’t contribute or create then you have nothing to be proud of.

Secondly I mentioned fat people have more to be proud of than a born from birth sexuality because at least they pathetically contributed with poor diet.

I never once said people are gay by choice, you are just on a crusade and leading with a bias to suit your debating agenda

I have no interest in befriending gay or bisexual men in the same way I have no interest in getting to know Tattoo freaks or Transexuals or non binary types, the list goes on, I guess Gays should be proud to be on that list then.

So me respecting everyone in Rugby Leagues has a right to have their own beliefs - is not right?

For the record, I haven’t heard any of the 7 players say anything.

Rather they’ve made a clear choice to not wear a jersey that does not align with their own beliefs. They haven’t said homosexuality is a sin from what I’ve seen?
They stepped back because they clearly have different beliefs and don’t want to force those on anyone.

To help me understand, are you saying that a Muslim player (or any religion for that matter) shouldn’t be apart of Rugby League if they feel strongly enough about their religion they would choose not to wear the jersey?

Should all players who don’t have the same belief system be banned from Rugby League because they don’t align?

Honest question. Just understanding all view points.
The point I'm making is that by saying they can't wear the jersey due to their religious beliefs, they are avoiding explaining those beliefs, which would in turn create a discussion about those beliefs, which could result in moderation of those beliefs & start changing the attitude towards gay people.

None of that happens if their beliefs are not challenged by situations such as these.

None of that happens if all that is required is the uttering of "against my religious beliefs" to cease further discussion.

I'd have more respect for them if they came out & said they simply don't like gay people instead of hiding behind this mantra.

Get your facts right, I said sexuality is not something to be proud of and giving an example to illustrate my point, if you didn’t contribute or create then you have nothing to be proud of.

Secondly I mentioned fat people have more to be proud of than a born from birth sexuality because at least they pathetically contributed with poor diet.

I never once said people are gay by choice, you are just on a crusade and leading with a bias to suit your debating agenda

I have no interest in befriending gay or bisexual men in the same way I have no interest in getting to know Tattoo freaks or Transexuals or non binary types, the list goes on, I guess Gays should be proud to be on that list then.
Ah shaddap-a you face!

No, but you're defending their right to believe it is a sin & to boycott the game because of it.
That's exactly right. The unsaid is that the religious belief is that homosexuality is a sin. It's a belief that condemns a way that people are born, all because of a line written in a fiction book thousands of years ago FFS.
I don't hate or the blame the players for their beliefs. It would have been instilled in their upbringing and family life.
But everything else changes with time. I wish bloody churches would.

So you’d prefer force players to tell you their beliefs, even though they choose not to, even though you disagree with them, so you can remove them from the game?

1) Are you Muslim?
2) Do you think homosexuality is a sin?
- Sorry you’re not welcome in Rugby League?
No.

I'd rather discussions could be had to open up the closemindedness of the religions that still promote the idea that pre-marital sex, drinking, gambling, being gay, etc. are sins.

It's the 21st century, how on earth are there still people who think that way?

Big difference though - as being white isn’t a choice. Much like the LGBTQ community don’t have a choice.

Religion is something that is taught.

My point being that would the treatment of the Muslim community be different to the 7 Christian islanders…?
Oh, I see what you're getting at in differentiating around choice. Cool.

Again, I will only answer on my behalf here.

I don't care what ethnicity or religion the dissenting 7 may have been. My issue is not around those characteristics. They could have been my octuplets and the same would apply (though perhaps a little more heated on the home front). My issue is around any disdain, lack of acknowledgement or refusal to accept others.

Geez "virtue signalling" is everyones new buzz phrase.

Side note, I do think you can preach tolerence and then be intolerant of intolerence......ha if that makes sense
You certainly can, but it won’t get you anywhere. It’s a very western construct to fight fire with fire. All you end up with more conflict.

A gentle conversation is going to get someone much further than beating their chest in outrage.

It’ll be interesting to see how all of this shakes out over the 6 months. The group that are playing, how are they going to view those that aren’t?
It’s a team sport and regardless of how angry you may be with the club, you don’t leave your teammates hung out to dry like that.
Or the flipside of this could be, maybe those that chose not to play are angry with the players that are? Perhaps they think, why didn’t they also refuse to play and force the club to change the jersey?
The playing group has some fractures that may or may not get resolved by the beginning of preseason next year.

All his coaching advice posts involved things being ‘fast and direct’ and ‘pushing up around the ball’...turns out he doesn’t like it that way at all.

You certainly can, but it won’t get you anywhere. It’s a very western construct to fight fire with fire. All you end up with more conflict.

A gentle conversation is going to get someone much further than beating their chest in outrage.
Not being accepting of intolerance does not necessarily mean beating your chest in outrage.

Not being accepting of intolerance does not necessarily mean beating your chest in outrage.
Absolutely agree. It’s just that you brought up virtue signalling and that usually manifests itself as anger and outrage, which is why I raised the point. I’m not suggesting that’s what you’re doing, just pointing out an observation.

Well their actions certainly don't scream 'I support you', do they?
Neither do they say, I hate you. And now apparently they cant attend the match for security reasons, ie concerns for their safety, it appears we have reached peak irony with this.

Well the new angle to all this is that the white man missionaries are at fault for bestowing their strict Christian beliefs on the polynesian countries who had a more liberal attitude to gender fluidity before they turned up.

Oh, I see what you're getting at in differentiating around choice. Cool.

Again, I will only answer on my behalf here.

I don't care what ethnicity or religion the dissenting 7 may have been. My issue is not around those characteristics. They could have been my octuplets and the same would apply (though perhaps a little more heated on the home front). My issue is around any disdain, lack of acknowledgement or refusal to accept others.
Do you think that possibly, just possibly these guys may actually accept others, but may simply want to uphold values that they have learnt from their parents and want to hold onto themselves. Those values being sex is best expressed in a monogamous relationship, life long between opposite sex people.

Is it possible that they can treasure and uphold those views and still respect and value people who don't? They can and do. The two concepts can exist in a just society.

Why isn't the media getting into those responsible over this. The NRL knew all about this and approved it, the Manly owners and the board knew all about it yet none of them bothered to consider the players who would be wearing it. It's an utter cop out that all these gutless scumbags have run and hid from taking responsibility for this disastrous decision. Just illustrates how poorly run both the Manly club and the NRL are. Full of fat cat scumbags whose only interests are lining their pockets at anyone's expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10