Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an issue with what you say here besides the section about not having association with gay or bisexual men because of their personality types.

The reality is that they can be any kind of different personality types, there isn't really a set "personality" for gay people. You just really gotta evaluate on an individual basis.

But either way it's your prerogative.
This bloke just talks for the sake of it.

A few posts ago he equated gay pride with fat people being proud of their obesity.

He doesn't get it but thinks he can fake it til he makes it.

I don't have an issue with what you say here besides the section about not having association with gay or bisexual men because of their personality types.

The reality is that they can be any kind of different personality types, there isn't really a set "personality" for gay people. You just really gotta evaluate on an individual basis.

But either way it's your prerogative.
There are exceptions to the rule i agree but in general there is a personality trait of varying degrees that i don't like or gell with.

So why didn't you apply your "stop reading this contributor" logic here, or is it one of those face saving replies and you secretly read my posts.

Pays Dan large amounts for 47MVEagles ip address to see how often he reads my posts and time spent not scrollling while taking in my greatness.

Go on 47MVEagle put me on ignore, i know you can do it, do it, do it.

The painful side effects will last a while but you will overcome your need to read me, you will be fine.
What are you on about?

In my opinion sexual desire for the most part has nothing to do with love. Love doesn't create sexual arousal it creates deeper bonds that go way beyond lust.

I accept people who are drug takers, love tattoos into group sex etc etc doesn't mean i have to associate with such people.

I have a close bisexual female friend, she knows my stance and is accepting of it and in many ways agrees, she is totally against the rainbow movement and what it stands for presently.

I wouldn't associate or have friendships with gay or bisexual men though(not out of hatred i just don't feel comfortable around their personality types) but i would support or defend anyone in need regardless of their sexuality and i treat all humans with equal respect.
You know the ancient Greeks had 3 words for love. I believe we all can experience them despite our underlying sexual desires. A persons sexual desires is the least of concern as it is something they can not control. I am more interested in the character one chooses to cultivate as this is something they can control. I am not trying to elevate my myself or anything but I do not see the correlation between sexual desire and personality type based upon the above reasoning.

I wouldn't associate or have friendships with gay or bisexual men though(not out of hatred i just don't feel comfortable around their personality types) but i would support or defend anyone in need regardless of their sexuality and i treat all humans with equal respect.

Pretty sure that is the textbook definition of discrimination, but ok.

I don’t think religion is a choice for passionate devotees. I also understand that sexual desires are not a choice either. People have a right to love who they want and should not be marginalised for it nor should someone be marginalised for their religious beliefs. Because some of the players don’t to wear the jersey does not mean that they do not accept peoples right to love who they want to love they just don’t want to celebrate it which is different imo.
Perhaps you could share with us the gene code for passionate devotion? Which chromosome is that?

In my opinion sexual desire for the most part has nothing to do with love. Love doesn't create sexual arousal it creates deeper bonds that go way beyond lust.

I accept people who are drug takers, love tattoos into group sex etc etc doesn't mean i have to associate with such people.

I have a close bisexual female friend, she knows my stance and is accepting of it and in many ways agrees, she is totally against the rainbow movement and what it stands for presently.

You don’t feel comfortable around their personality types? Wow! That kind of attitude is why we need this jersey.

What personality types would that be?

Perhaps you could share with us the gene code for passionate devotion? Which chromosome is that?
Happy to explain myself mate. You some people are born into religion they’re whole life surrounded by it. Other people see it has a calling more than a choice. There is a difference.

There are exceptions to the rule i agree but in general there is a personality trait of varying degrees that i don't like or gell with.
The caricatures we see in media are not the reality, it is my opinion that it's unfortunately the media that is shaping peoples generalisations of gay people as a whole rather than their own personal interactions with them.

But I can understand your point of view, no need to debate the point.

Question for those that are OK with the decision for these 7 to stand down over this issue.

Why are the Polynesian players that play in the NRLW seemingly ok with the number of gay players that they play with each and every week? Surely a sin is a sin. There are certainly a number of gay players in the NRLW, including the Australian captain. Yet the Poly players play besides them without it seeming to be an issue.

Nope, this is just grandstanding by our players. It's choosing to be outraged at something for no real reason. Wonder is found guilty if they will still support him. After all, Wrath is one of the seven deadly sins, and the definition of Wrath is a strong anger and hate towards another person. Or will that be ok because they CHOOSE to be ok with it?

It's not illegal to discriminate in terms of friendships

I didn't say it was illegal, I just said it was discriminatory.

You refuse to associate with gay or bisexual men = discriminatory.

Discrimination: the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, sex, or disability.

Out of curiosity, do you ask all men you engage with what their sexual orientation is? How about women?

Happy to explain myself mate. You some people are born into religion they’re whole life surrounded by it. Other people see it has a calling more than a choice. There is a difference.
That is still nurture and not nature. Absolutely agree, people's upbringing and education have a huge impact on how they develop :thumbsup: Nevertheless, they also have frontal lobe function to make decisions and change. That is something many homosexuals cannot do

1. I hope someone creates a 75 meter rainbow from one end of the hill to the other. That would be an awesome sight.
2. I'll be supporting whatever 17 players wear the maroon and white rainbow.
3. I'll also be supporting the 7 players when they play again next week.
Wear the jersey with pride. Tolerate all (including the 7). And Go Manly!

I didn't say it was illegal, I just said it was discriminatory.

You refuse to associate with gay or bisexual men = discriminatory.

Discrimination: the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, sex, or disability.

Out of curiosity, do you ask all men you engage with what their sexual orientation is? How about women?
Most instances i can tell.

Not my business to ask but if i already know or someone is out i then discriminate or maybe a more appropriate word is "filter" such people.

Get a room you guys
I've only read a fraction of the torrent of posts on this topic, but I must say I've been quite impressed with the level of discussion - in the main! - and with the fact it hasn't completely degenerated into personal slanging matches.
Most people have been dealing with a tricky subject thoughtfully and replying with respect and an open mind (well, mainly, lol) so well done to us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8