Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One is a choice the other is not

One typically gets you persecuted the other does not
What has "no choice" have to do with a requirement to have agenda based marketing on a jersey.

I accept peoples sexualities but watching sport is not about sexuality.

Lmao, the victim card goes both ways.
I didn't take your sweeping statement as an attack on me, I simply pointed out how contradictory it was to feign tolerance for all at the same time as using a blanket statement to describe a demographic.

What about the role of Fa'afafine in Samoan families & Fakaleiti in Tongan families?
Thank you, I wasn't aware of these. I assume there is transgender groups in all societies. For example, I'm aware of wandering transexuals in conservative India.

In the tone of Frank Costanza - "What the hell does that mean?"

I live in Western Sydney, I live in the far west of Greater Sydney.

I and my family have lived and continue to live here, so can you please explain your reply because I am interested to see how "our address" is indicative of our disposition on any matter whatsoever.
Sure. I grew up in Liverpool and I still have many relatives out that way. One particular cousin had a great deal to do with footy out that way and has often described the unassailable arrogance of many of the extreme young talents out that way. Sorry. Clearly wasn't referring to you or the vast majority of those out west. Should have clarified.

Last edited:
Nope directly addressing you not hiding behind religious comebacks.

You targeted me and elevated yourself and i'm pointing it out, no victim here, more me wasting my time and killing time on a low quality respondent.
Oh I targeted you, did I?

Weren't you just recently talking about how posting on a forum is about sharing opinions whether agreeable or not blah blah blah but now you're crying about being targetted 😂

You're not as "high quality" a respondent as you think 😂

1658811813090.png

1658811829734.png

Sure. I grew up in Liverpool and I still have many relatives out that way. One particular cousin had a great deal to do with footy out that way and has often described the unassailable arrogance of many of the extreme young talents out that way. Sorry. Clearly want referring to you or the vast majority of those out west. Should have clarified.

I sincerely appreciate the reply and clarification.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

One is a choice the other is not

One typically gets you persecuted the other does not
I don’t think religion is a choice for passionate devotees. I also understand that sexual desires are not a choice either. People have a right to love who they want and should not be marginalised for it nor should someone be marginalised for their religious beliefs. Because some of the players don’t to wear the jersey does not mean that they do not accept peoples right to love who they want to love they just don’t want to celebrate it which is different imo.

Oh I targeted you, did I?

Weren't you just recently talking about how posting on a forum is about sharing opinions whether agreeable or not blah blah blah but now you're crying about being targetted 😂

You're not as "high quality" a respondent as you think 😂
I don't care about being targeted, i merely mentioned you targeted me and itching for a response so i delivered in a manner that is directly addressing the content of your replies, not dancing around the subject or using lame comebacks because you have nothing of substance to contribute.

Target away.

Asked if a game-wide Pride round would have similar ramifications for the game, V’landys said: “As I said, we have freedoms and we have policies.

Every player that plays the game is aware of our policies. If they want to take that stance, then so be it. We are not ever going to take a backwards step in the inclusive policy we have.
Interesting, I wondered about this. In my job I certainly had to agree to codes of behaviour that reflect the values of the organisation. This quote suggests that all player contracts must include such a statement.

Which puts a slightly different spin on the surprise of our 7 rebels at the Everyone In League jersey. If they were surprised they shouldn't have been. Maybe they should have read their contract, or had their manager read it to them at least? Or maybe they knew exactly what they were signing and just thought they'd pay lip service to those values in order to get an NRL contract.

More to be revealed no doubt. Interesting times!

I know you are being genuine and i am respectfully deflecting as this is a sporting forum not a political conspiracy theory site.
I respect your choice TC but you do put out some strong opinions ( like I do) I also suspect you are somewhat misunderstood by some.

The colours are a representation of sexuality and lifestyle that are the contrast to the beliefs of many, in the same way the Crucifix is a representation of a lifestyle and belief system that is a contrast to many also.

Both representations on a jersey are wrong in my eyes, religious or political agendas promoted on jerseys are not my cup of tea.
That's hardly a FU to religion though right, just because the LGBTQI community decided to co-opt those colours for themselves doesn't mean that they are using those colours to hate on religion. They are just living out their lifestyle and hoping they don't get hate back for it.

Maybe I'm naive but I doubt anyone in those communities are thinking, "yeah, FU religious ****s" as they put on their rainbow tshirts.

And equally, when you mention the Crucifix, are religious types subtly saying "FU you queers" whenever they hold one or look at one wear a tshirt with one? Nah mate not likely.

I don't care about being targeted, i merely mentioned you targeted me and itching for a response so i delivered in a manner that is directly addressing the content of your replies, not dancing around the subject or using lame comebacks because you have nothing of substance to contribute.

Target away.
What a load of waffle & word salad - reminded me why I stopped reading your self-important essays on rugby league.

Complains about political agendas, waffles on like a politician answering a question.

The colours are a representation of sexuality and lifestyle that are the contrast to the beliefs of many, in the same way the Crucifix is a representation of a lifestyle and belief system that is a contrast to many also.

Both representations on a jersey are wrong in my eyes, religious or political agendas promoted on jerseys are not my cup of tea.
You do bring up an interesting point though, I wonder if the club could have offered to do a round with a jersey that celebrated islander values, specifically that of family and faith as a compromise.

In a perfect world, the conversation would go like this:

Q. What rights of the 7 players are being infringed by being expected to wear the jersey?

A. Their right to religious freedom.

Q. Exactly how is their religious freedom being infringed upon?

A. By being expected to wear a jersey that goes against their religious beliefs.

Q. What are their religious beliefs?

A. That homosexuality is a sin & homosexuals will go to hell.

Q. Okay, don't you think those beliefs are somewhat outdated in these times & need to be discussed to educate people further?

A. NO IT'S AGAINST MY RELIGIOUS FREEDOM TO QUESTION MY BELIEFS!!!!!

I don’t think religion is a choice for passionate devotees. I also understand that sexual desires are not a choice either. People have a right to love who they want and should not be marginalised for it nor should someone be marginalised for their religious beliefs. Because some of the players don’t to wear the jersey does not mean that they do not accept peoples right to love who they want to love they just don’t want to celebrate it which is different imo.
In my opinion sexual desire for the most part has nothing to do with love. Love doesn't create sexual arousal it creates deeper bonds that go way beyond lust.

I accept people who are drug takers, love tattoos into group sex etc etc doesn't mean i have to associate with such people.

I have a close bisexual female friend, she knows my stance and is accepting of it and in many ways agrees, she is totally against the rainbow movement and what it stands for presently.

I wouldn't associate or have friendships with gay or bisexual men though(not out of hatred i just don't feel comfortable around their personality types) but i would support or defend anyone in need regardless of their sexuality and i treat all humans with equal respect.

In my opinion sexual desire for the most part has nothing to do with love. Love doesn't create sexual arousal it creates deeper bonds that go way beyond lust.

I accept people who are drug takers, love tattoos into group sex etc etc doesn't mean i have to associate with such people.

I have a close bisexual female friend, she knows my stance and is accepting of it and in many ways agrees, she is totally against the rainbow movement and what it stands for presently.

I wouldn't associate or have friendships with gay or bisexual men though(not out of hatred i just don't feel comfortable around their personality types) but i would support or defend anyone in need regardless of their sexuality and i treat all humans with equal respect.
You just draw the line at rainbows.

I don't have an issue with what you say here besides the section about not having association with gay or bisexual men because of their personality types.

The reality is that they can be any kind of different personality types, there isn't really a set "personality" for gay people. You just really gotta evaluate on an individual basis.

But either way it's your prerogative.

What a load of waffle & word salad - reminded me why I stopped reading your self-important essays on rugby league.

Complains about political agendas, waffles on like a politician answering a question.
So why didn't you apply your "stop reading this contributor" logic here, or is it one of those face saving replies and you secretly read my posts.

Pays Dan large amounts for 47MVEagles ip address to see how often he reads my posts and time spent not scrollling while taking in my greatness.

Go on 47MVEagle put me on ignore, i know you can do it, do it, do it.

The painful side effects will last a while but you will overcome your need to read me, you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8