Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does everybody need a laugh?

From the Shovel:

Sport
Manly releases updated, less offensive pride round jersey
manly-sea-eagles-jersey-2-620x289.jpg

NRL team the Manly Sea Eagles says it has adjusted its pride round jersey, apologising for the previous version which some have described as offensive and distasteful.

One person connected with the club said the original jersey didn’t fit with his values, or those of his community.
“It’s distasteful. I don’t want this sort of stuff pushed in my face. It’s not appropriate – especially when there are kids around, I don’t think it’s suitable to be sending these sorts of messages.

“If people want to do these things in private, then that’s up to them I guess. But I don’t think we should be openly celebrating or promoting this type of lifestyle”.

Some at the club are disappointed about the about-face, saying it will make it less likely for players to come out as gambling addicts.

If i was working in a workplace with a certain uniform then later made to wear a political stance uniform i would refuse also.

I would also refuse to wear a uniform promoting "Depression" for the same reasons.
And that is fine... but you would be held accountable for your actions - as I hope they are... in the end we should all work where we feel included... clearly they do not feel they are part of this team...

It's a subtle "FU" to religion.

Refer and address the direct reply don't hide behind a comeback to religion.

If you want to espouse the benefits of "inclusivity" and "acceptance" let such an attitude dictate all your dealings with all types including "levels of education and vocabulary depth".

I think the players would be fine if the jersey said something along the lines of "inclusion for all" with it's own "symbol or logo".

The rainbow colours are specific, political and a sly subtle FU to religion.
As very much doubt the players would be fine with that. They would just has as much issue with the "symbol or logo"

I don't understand why you've decided that rainbows are a sly FU to religion. Rainbows occur all the time in nature, when it rains there's a chance a rainbow shows afterwards. Is god giving a subtle FU every time a rainbow occurs? What are you on about?

Last edited:
As very much doubt the players would be fine with that. They would just has as much issue with the "symbol of logo"

I don't understand why you've decided that rainbows are a sly FU to religion. Rainbows occur all the time in nature, when it rains there's a chance a rainbow shows afterwards. Is god giving a subtle FU every time a rainbow occurs? What are you on about?
I love the idea of God sliding in a subtle FU in the guise of a rainbow... lol

Refer and address the direct reply don't hide behind a comeback to religion.

If you want to espouse the benefits of "inclusivity" and "acceptance" let such an attitude dictate all your dealings with all types including "levels of education and vocabulary depth".
Aw geez, stop playing the victim mate.

I think the players would be fine if the jersey said something along the lines of "inclusion for all" with it's own "symbol or logo".

The rainbow colours are specific, political and a sly subtle FU to religion.
I can appreciate there is a lot negativity towards religion at the moment. Like some of the reporting on scomo and what he now says in church etc… I don’t think however the rainbow symbol is meant to be a hidden FU to religion though… to much of that kind of implied thinking going on at the moment on all sides of the spectrum. It’s like saying if you don’t wear a rainbow jersey your secretly just a bigot or if you don’t advertise all your virtues you are secretly a white alt right nutter etc. Is there a deeper meaning to the rainbow symbol that I am missing though?

The colours are a representation of sexuality and lifestyle that are the contrast to the beliefs of many, in the same way the Crucifix is a representation of a lifestyle and belief system that is a contrast to many also.

Both representations on a jersey are wrong in my eyes, religious or political agendas promoted on jerseys are not my cup of tea.

I can appreciate there is a lot negativity towards religion at the moment. Like some of the reporting on scomo and what he now says in church etc… I don’t think however the rainbow symbol is meant to be a hidden FU to religion though… to much of that kind of implied thinking going on at the moment on all sides of the spectrum. It’s like saying if you don’t wear a rainbow jersey your secretly just a bigot or if you don’t advertise all your virtues you are secretly a white alt right nutter etc. Is there a deeper meaning to the rainbow symbol that I am missing though?
Maybe you need to increase your uptake of the Red Pill.

And there we have Western Sydney writ large. Same arrogance as the Panthers without the success.

In the tone of Frank Costanza - "What the hell does that mean?"

I live in Western Sydney, I live in the far west of Greater Sydney.

I and my family have lived and continue to live here, so can you please explain your reply because I am interested to see how "our address" is indicative of our disposition on any matter whatsoever.

The colours are a representation of sexuality and lifestyle that are the contrast to the beliefs of many, in the same way the Crucifix is a representation of a lifestyle and belief system that is a contrast to many also.

Both representations on a jersey are wrong in my eyes, religious or political agendas promoted on jerseys are not my cup of tea.
One is a choice the other is not

One typically gets you persecuted the other does not

So we should expect to see Josh's wrist strapping void of "Jesus" every week? Good luck sliding that directive through.

Its far easier to promote and execute tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10