Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Saw a bunch of posts in the Club News thread but this deserves its own thread really.
It's quite clear there's a few who are terrified of their own latent homosexuality, hahaha.
Less funny is the idea that we must not support oppressed minorities lest that offend the bigots, whom we must appease because, well, actually I couldn't quite understand the end of that line of thought.
Then we have the no politics in sport slogan. That one is certainly humorous.
And even a few Izzie Folou fans, who seem to say we must stand up for the rights of religious bigots because they have feelings too. Gotta admit I've never really been swayed by that 'argument', lol.

Anyway carry on in either thread, i just thought a separate might be handy, if only for posterity :)

Oh yeah, nearly forgot - i actually saw posts wondering if there hadn't been any gay footy player since Ian Roberts, and saying there is so much tolerance noawadays that of course gays can come out whenever they like without repercussions. Uh uh. There are plenty but they are terrified of what would happen to them. And reading some of the views of our very own ST members i can't rally blame them!

“LGBTIQA people have always been a part of sport but haven’t always been allowed the visibility,” said former Manly forward Ian Roberts

Today's report about an Islander players' boycott points to a possible reason why NRL players haven't been coming out, despite overall societal acceptance of LGBTQ. The NRL states that 45% of NRL players are of Maori or Pacific Islands ethnicity. If any of them are gay, cultural constrictions would prevent them coming out. If players from the other 55% are gay, they might be fearful of coming out and upsetting their Islander peers or even causing disharmony within their teams.
Yes heaven help any young Islander kids who are gay, I'm sure their lives are all roses and sunshine and we certainly shouldn't do anything to suggest they are legitimate people, lest it offends their parents or pastors or whatever!

If as reported players are going to stand down because of the jersey or try to alter this in anyway, I honestly don't care who they are or how talented they are, as far as I'm concerned they can stay stood down for the remainder of their contracts.
I have quite a few devout Mormon friends through my time working for a salt lake business I can tell you that none of them would care about the pride jersey lots of them helped fight for a pride movement at work.

If Salt Lake City can have a massive pride celebration that closes much of the city down some remote LDS can handle wearing a jersey with some rainbows on it

If as reported players are going to stand down because of the jersey or try to alter this in anyway, I honestly don't care who they are or how talented they are, as far as I'm concerned they can stay stood down for the remainder of their contracts.
I have quite a few devout Mormon friends through my time working for a salt lake business I can tell you that none of them would care about the pride jersey lots of them helped fight for a pride movement at work.

If Salt Lake City can have a massive pride celebration that closes much of the city down some remote LDS can handle wearing a jersey with some rainbows on it
This is more than a bit extreme. So if there's a group that has a belief or an opinion different to yours they should be hounded out of the game? That's not very inclusive. Doesn't "inclusive" apply to everyone? Clearly not.

Perhaps club membership forms should have the option to exclude players you’d like your money going to due to differing of opinion.

This is more than a bit extreme. So if there's a group that has a belief or an opinion different to yours they should be hounded out of the game? That's not very inclusive. Doesn't "inclusive" apply to everyone? Clearly not.
Not even close to what I am saying or did say.

Of course not! You think we should include nazis and the Ku Klux Klan so as not to offend Jew-haters and Blacks? Come on!
What about the Chinese government you know the uyghurs genocide and all that. Do we have room for Mr Jinping ? What about the Christian fundamentalists who lobbying against abortion?

What about the Chinese government you know the uyghurs genocide and all that. Do we have room for Mr Jinping ? What about the Christian fundamentalists who lobbying against abortion?
Mate there's not many atrocities around the world more shameful than Australia's treatment of asylum seekers, or the incarceration rate of our First Nations people. Talk about an embarrassment on the world stage. Aside from that though I don't really understand your point, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4