Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an incredibly innovative and progressive move by the club to get this jersey off the ground. Just shows how great a club we are to throw such support behind where we are heading as a collective.
On the same note, I’m extremely disappointed as a Manly fan we have players against such a cause. Those in the gay community and done it harder than most could ever imagine and in this day and age I found it surprising there was any resistance.

We need to band together in these times and we are showing the way forward

Des has to do That, he has to be seen as backing his men. Seriously they need to get roberts down there to talk to these blokes.

This is why all marketing departments and the flogs in marketing should be blown up. They live in their little fairy alternate universes and have no grip on reality or what makes their business tick. While I don't agree with the players stance you think they would have been consulted.

Seen this is so many businesses I've worked. Sorry if we have any marketing types here but the majority of you are flogs.

The colours (I think) mean that everyone is entitled to their sexuality without harassment and discrimination. For those who do not share that view - they think your sexuality wrong and you aren't entitled to it. Or worse, it is abhorent and an affront to God (or whatever). These people are not espousing a freedom. They are espousing opposition to a freedom. Aren't they?
The colours change. They now include grey and pink. To include non-binary and pan sexual etc. If you say the colours mean everyone iis entitled as you say to their sexuality without harassment and discrimination then I genuinely find it hard to disagree with you. But you say those who disagree are not espousing a freedom. They would argue they are. They would hold Jesus's words seriously "if the son sets you free, you are free indeed". You might not agree with them, but they sincerely hold a different view of freedom to you. I am not sure they are espousing restrictions on people having different views of sexuality. We cant police what people do like that - it happened before, i know.

But they too are upholding a view, an opinion. Most people don't like it but they still hold it.

I guess these poor, naive islanders must have had the stupid and backward view that Manly employed them to play rugby league for Manly in a Manly jersey. They were clearly misguided in that view.

As a manly fan we put up with a fair bit.

I have supported every player through some accusations and even convictions - if there are 7 players who are, in 2022, so closed minded that they can understand why this would be of importance to the gay / q community then it might actually be the first thing that makes me question my support of this team.

I would struggle to support a team that condones gambling, drinking but condems a lifestyle which

1. People can not choose
2. Has no material impact over their life

Lets hope this is another beat up as what should have been a proud day for the club has descended into farce

The issue many have is not about it being a religious belief to not take part or wear the jersey, it is the belief in some that it's agenda based and a subtle "f&*k u" to religious beliefs dressed up as "inclusivity", to slowly kill off religion through marketing the contrasting sexualities.

It's also tokenism and selling out in exactly the same way as most other sponsorships are which is nothing to be "proud" about, yeah you can argue "just wear it and be done with like every other sponsorship" but everyone has the right to form their own boundaries or line in the sand.

The players against this promotion, or who don't play, or lets say wore a jersey without the rainbow colours i bet they are targeted with hatred and condemnation for their choices by the same people who don't wish the same on themselves.

I wouldn't participate that is for sure.

Not sure it’s all that hard to work out who the majority of them may be,but it’s a bit unfair to name them given all this uproar is based purely on a journos story,nothing from club,players or even a credible source
I do agree that this is, atm, mere 'journalistic' speculation... f*cking sad if true though...

Des has to do That, he has to be seen as backing his men. Seriously they need to get roberts down there to talk to these blokes.

This is why all marketing departments and the flogs in marketing should be blown up. They live in their little fairy alternate universes and have no grip on reality or what makes their business tick. While I don't agree with the players stance you think they would have been consulted.

Seen this is so many businesses I've worked. Sorry if we have any marketing types here but the majority of you are flogs.
Could you imagine Des, he would be absolutely filthy with this situation.

Highly doubt he has his fingerprints on this, it’s likely cost us a chance of a win on Thursday.

Get Roberts down to talk to them? He walked out on us when he signed for Super League. With the greatest respect to Mr Roberts, no thanks.

We sure are!

Hmm. If it helps at all, I blame the so-called left for pretty much everything, in particular for their failure to call out injustice in any principled fashion. A duly elected Whitlam shouldn't have accepted his dismissal by the bloody Queen's top-hatted drunk of a representative. And Trump could never have been possible if not for the pathetic betrayal of working people by generations of Democrats.
It's been 47 years, mate. It's time to get over the dismissal.

Right now I am imagining Manly making the 8 and winning the comp with a champion team committed to a common cause rather than a bunch of overpaid mercenaries....

....POP.... I am awake again (sigh)....
Dreams are for free. Enjoy and don’t forget to leave out anybody no matter what! No matter the fantasy

The issue many have is not about it being a religious belief to not take part or wear the jersey, it is the belief in some that it's agenda based and a subtle "f&*k u" to religious beliefs dressed up as "inclusivity", to slowly kill off religion through marketing the contrasting sexualities.

It's also tokenism and selling out in exactly the same way as most other sponsorships are which is nothing to be "proud" about, yeah you can argue "just wear it and be done with like every other sponsorship" but everyone has the right to form their own boundaries or line in the sand.

The players against this promotion, or who don't play, or lets say wore a jersey without the rainbow colours i bet they are targeted with hatred and condemnation for their choices by the same people who don't wish the same on themselves.

I wouldn't participate that is for sure.
I never saw this as anything to do with religion? And if religious people have an issue with it maybe...just maybe...that might be the reason why clubs need to wear stuff like this

Re tokenisn I would hope this is part of a larger play by the club

Wow..

BREAKING

7 Manly players won't play this weekend

Josh Aloiai, Jason Saab, Christian Tuipulotu, Josh Schuster, Haumole Olakau’atu, Tolutau Koula and Toafofoa Sipley have stood down over pride jersey. @app85

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7