Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can hold their beliefs AND choose whether they want to work for an employer that has inclusively as one of its pre-eminent values... no one is forcing them to believe or do anything they don't want to...
But they cannot pick and choose WHEN they will work for their employer...
Much like Qantas employees - do you think none of them are Christian?
How many workplaces "force you to wear the rainbow colours" to have employment for the day, what's expected(and a condition of employment) is showing respect to every human being in the workplace.

Mate ... the same bruhaha would have happened at all the other 15 clubs ... none would be different to Manly ...
Probably, but this is the brush we are tarred with now. Ain't no coming back from this sort of thing until the 7 are gone. And as the news have now roped in youngsters qho are refusing to play, this is gonna haunt us for a while.

Anytime inclusiveness or pride gets put around league circles, rightly or wrongly, there will be stories of how intolerant half the manly side is, I know it isn't half, but they will exaggerate the numbers as the youngsters who are refusing are uncounted so it will allow them wiggle room.

Won't be surprised if a few sponsors don't renew. Don't think they will drop us, but definitely will be rethinking their stance. The won't want to be tarred by association. These sort of things stick, even if the club was aiming for the opposite.

They can hold their beliefs AND choose whether they want to work for an employer that has inclusively as one of its pre-eminent values... no one is forcing them to believe or do anything they don't want to...
But they cannot pick and choose WHEN they will work for their employer...
IMO, the whole problem has arisen because of insufficient consultation. If this had been discussed some weeks ago, there would have the opportunity for proper dialogue between all parties, including player leaders like DCE, Foran, Jake & Turbo. This could have produced a much healthier result.

As Des emphatically said in his interview, the club stuffed up. The Islander players have been backed into a corner with no notice of the Pride jersey till yesterday. I assume the leadership role may been taken by Aloiai or another more senior player & the younger players have followed suit.

Islanders have a more traditional family structure and they act less for themselves than typical Australians. Afaik, they are guided by extended family structures where elders are listened to, unlike in typical Australian families. In other words, it is much more difficult for them to make decisions without considering their families & wider community.

NRL clubs can't ignore these cultural differences due to the huge proportion of Islander players in the NRL (45% & increasing). IMO, just because these players at this point in time don't wish to wear a Pride jersey doesn't necessarily make them homophobic (dislike of homosexuals) as there are many factors conditioning their decision.

IMO, the whole problem has arisen because of insufficient consultation. If this had been discussed some weeks ago, there would have the opportunity for proper dialogue between all parties, including player leaders like DCE, Foran, Jake & Turbo. This could have produced a much healthier result.

As Des emphatically said in his interview, the club stuffed up. The Islander players have been backed into a corner with no notice of the Pride jersey till yesterday. I assume the leadership role may been taken by Aloiai or another more senior player & the younger players have followed suit.

Islanders have a more traditional family structure and they act less for themselves than typical Australians. Afaik, they are guided by extended family structures where elders are listened to, unlike in typical Australian families. In other words, it is much more difficult for them to make decisions without considering their families & wider community.

NRL clubs can't ignore these cultural differences due to the huge proportion of Islander players in the NRL (45% & increasing). IMO, just because these players at this point in time don't wish to wear a Pride jersey doesn't necessarily make them homophobic (dislike of homosexuals) as there are many factors conditioning their decision.
I agree with all of that but you can disagree with the values of your employer and still show up to work... imo these blokes are entitled pr*cks that have let their team down

So what does that have to do with wearing pride jerseys when Sport itself is already mending ways in it's own respectful manner.
You heard of question marks, champ?

Your statement is wrong - the example of Ian Roberts being the only gay player in the history of Australian rugby league who came out & the reaction of the 7 players (& more) refusing to play illustrates that.

What about the role of Fa'afafine in Samoan families & Fakaleiti in Tongan families?

I think the players would be fine if the jersey said something along the lines of "inclusion for all" with it's own "symbol or logo".

The rainbow colours are specific, political and a sly subtle FU to religion.

How many workplaces "force you to wear the rainbow colours" to have employment for the day, what's expected(and a condition of employment) is showing respect to every human being in the workplace.
It is a uniform... they can hold their beliefs AND where the uniform... imo it is the players that have chosen to blow this up as a tokenistic moral stand... yes, the club are idiots for how they did it but they, as the employer, can design their jersey however they like...

You heard of question marks, champ?

Your statement is wrong - the example of Ian Roberts being the only gay player in the history of Australian rugby league who came out & the reaction of the 7 players (& more) refusing to play illustrates that.
Don't go down the grammar and punctuation line makes you look like a tool and is off topic.

How is my statement wrong when we all know sport has bonded many people of all types and persuasions for many many years.

I never stated all things have been fixed or mended or bonded with but i know creating a rainbow jersey will do nothing but create division and only bond the already convinced.(in the present, the marketing will work in altering the mindsets for the medium to long term though, as is evident already----rightly or wrongly)

Don't go down the grammar and punctuation line makes you look like a tool and is off topic.

How is my statement wrong when we all know sport has bonded many people of all types and persuasions for many many years.

I never stated all things have been fixed or mended or bonded with but i know creating a rainbow jersey will do nothing but create division and only bond the already convinced.(in the present, the marketing will work in altering the mindsets for the medium to long term though, as is evident already----rightly or wrongly)
I've explained why your statement is wrong.

You look like a tool not using question marks, know what I mean.

It is a uniform... they can hold their beliefs AND where the uniform... imo it is the players that have chosen to blow this up as a tokenistic moral stand... yes, the club are idiots for how they did it but they, as the employer, can design their jersey however they like...
If i was working in a workplace with a certain uniform then later made to wear a political stance uniform i would refuse also.

I would also refuse to wear a uniform promoting "Depression" for the same reasons.

These guys are snowflakes. Remember the **** storm when Erin Molan made a joke out of a surname. The entire Polynesian community had an aneurysm.

We will discriminate but don't you dare say hooka mooka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14