Please, please Trent... Pick Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I actually think Barrett has lost all confidence in his coaching ability so has retreated to every safe option: kick for touch on the fifth, Tom Wright in cotton wool etc.

i feel the same way a bit. trying to make sure he doesn't do a Newcastle by having too many newbies and end up spoon bound

i feel the same way a bit. trying to make sure he doesn't do a Newcastle by having too many newbies and end up spoon bound

Too late. He's already ensured Manly are close to spoon aspirants. His confusing selection policy, his poor defence and lack of effective attacking strategies are ensuring Manly heads down hill. Unless Penn threatens him with dismissal, he'll just keep making the same old mistakes.

Tom Wright. Suggestion mate. Tell Manly you want a release from your contract to check out other options. Tell them if you aren't being selected for FG then you may as well look elsewhere. I have a feeling Management would be more than concerned if there is a risk of you going and Manly supporters would be up in arms. May get some common sense occurring.

Might not have 'scored 5 tries and single handedly won the game' but jeez he was impressive today...
Mods, can I request a change to the title of this thread please?
I would like it changed to "FFS Trent, just pick Tom Wright you weak pr*ck..."

Perhaps it's because he can't tackle.
Not the first half that has issues defensively. He missed 6 tackles in that game. DCE missed 7, Hunt missed 6 Hodkinson missed 9. Maloney misses plenty, missed 9 today. Given he added more in attack then any of our other halves he needs to be there somewhere. Game breaker with x-factor.

Ok, so Tommy Wright got his chance ( finally) and how did you rate his performance?????

Havent seen the match so I cant say yet. But I gather he went OK but nothing special. Not to be expected mind you. Ponga in his first couple of first grade games with North Queensland were at best fair. Cant expect championship elements straight away. But he needed to be in first grade now to develop his skills and attitude to the next level. Just hope Barrett perseveres with him for the rest of the season. He will get better, and hopefully by next season we will see some of that special magic. Barrett gave him the thumbs up, but he gives everyone the thumbs up except Hastings.

Havent seen the match so I cant say yet. But I gather he went OK but nothing special. Not to be expected mind you. Ponga in his first couple of first grade games with North Queensland were at best fair. Cant expect championship elements straight away. But he needed to be in first grade now to develop his skills and attitude to the next level. Just hope Barrett perseveres with him for the rest of the season. He will get better, and hopefully by next season we will see some of that special magic. Barrett gave him the thumbs up, but he gives everyone the thumbs up except Hastings.
The disappointing thing is once Walker is back Barrett will not hesitate to drop Wright.

Ok, so Tommy Wright got his chance ( finally) and how did you rate his performance?????
I think he looked dangerous at times but you could tell he was short of a run and needed time to work on combinations.Better option than Hodkinson and Croker,still not convinced that Walker is the answer at 6

He must persist with Tom Wright and give him development time in 1st grade mainly for next years benefit
I imagine if he’d gone with him in the 1st place rather than Croker we would be in no worse a position
U could see Croker doesn’t really have it and TW does, it’s not rocket surgery

Hardly sighted first half, had to check programme to see if he was actually named. Bit more involvement second half, but so little impact that he got dragged for Hodko and did a stint at dummy half. Might take him some time to find his role. Didn't miss any tackles according to some quoted stats and they did run a bit of traffic down that edge. Must admit I didn't see him in too many one on one tackle situations, which can be his weakness. Tried a couple of kicks that weren't anything special. If we are looking for a running 5/8 than there wasn't much of that on show. But DCE did play a dominant hand on both sides of the ruck last night, so not a great amount of opportunity for him, especially during the period when Kapow and AFB were dominating and giving us a roll to work off.

His potential still remains just that. TBC.

Hardly sighted first half, had to check programme to see if he was actually named. Bit more involvement second half, but so little impact that he got dragged for Hodko and did a stint at dummy half. Might take him some time to find his role. Didn't miss any tackles according to some quoted stats and they did run a bit of traffic down that edge. Must admit I didn't see him in too many one on one tackle situations, which can be his weakness. Tried a couple of kicks that weren't anything special. If we are looking for a running 5/8 than there wasn't much of that on show. But DCE did play a dominant hand on both sides of the ruck last night, so not a great amount of opportunity for him, especially during the period when Kapow and AFB were dominating and giving us a roll to work off.

His potential still remains just that. TBC.

You remind me of those guys who hate bands just because they’re “mainstream”.

You’ve been heavily critical of his defence, but he defends well and you critique by saying “I didn’t see many one on one tackles”.

It was his first game starting at 5/8 in a dour sort of game. I thought he had a few decent runs, but it takes time. It takes even more time for a side that spends more time on the links than on the training paddock. Manly’s attacking plan is “ohh ****, what do I do, better pass it it to Turbo, hopefully he can pull something out of his arse”.

TB hooking him for Hodkinson has shown that TB has jumped the shark. Struggling to score points, Wright is doing his job in defence, and you hook the guy who could create something from nothing for a guy who needs prosthetic legs and couldn’t run 90 metres in 2 days.

He must persist with Tom Wright and give him development time in 1st grade mainly for next years benefit
I imagine if he’d gone with him in the 1st place rather than Croker we would be in no worse a position
U could see Croker doesn’t really have it and TW does, it’s not rocket surgery

croker definitely doesn’t have it but I’m not sure wright has it either however season is gone so Baz should leave him there for the rest of the season. GIve the young fella a chance to prove himself. I think the term is rocket science not surgery.

croker definitely doesn’t have it but I’m not sure wright has it either however season is gone so Baz should leave him there for the rest of the season. GIve the young fella a chance to prove himself. I think the term is rocket science not surgery.
thanks for the correction Sheik but that is just my sense of humor ,mixing metaphors ,butchering cliches and the english language in general
Go Manly

It's a thing:

images.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10