Please, please Trent... Pick Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
U mean the one where Tupou ran AROUND Suli and then Suli wanted to lay down....?

|Miss tackles from game day Manly V Roosters stats

Tom Turbo tackles made 4 tackles missed 1

Matt Wright tackles made 2 tackles missed 3

Suli tackles made 6 tackles missed 5

Kelly tackles made 7 tackles missed 3

Parker tackles made 13 tackles missed 5

Tom Wright tackles made 10 tackles missed 2

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
For BWSE!!
Wayne Cousins
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 10:19 AM
Tom Wright may have thrived in the five-eighth role last season but his future could well be in the centres according to Sea Eagles Coach Trent Barrett.
“There is no doubt Tom is certainly a talent. He is big, fast, has good awareness, and has blinding speed.
“Tom is probably more seen as a centre than in the halves but it depends on who we have got playing around him,’

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
Its recorded he missed two tackles, and that's in the middle of the field. Suli and Parker missed five each. Mind you I think Suli will improve with time, but Tom W. is a work in progress and could be a future star. Allow him the chance to develop.
It was the 2 times he didn't chase that did me. Just jogging away without a care in the world.

Isn't he supposed to be a speedster?

XV-1

First Grader
Wayne Cousins
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 10:19 AM
Tom Wright may have thrived in the five-eighth role last season but his future could well be in the centres according to Sea Eagles Coach Trent Barrett.
“There is no doubt Tom is certainly a talent. He is big, fast, has good awareness, and has blinding speed.
“Tom is probably more seen as a centre than in the halves but it depends on who we have got playing around him,’

And we have Suli. Big, fat, slow, lazy, no awareness and blinding speed slower than Matt Wright.

Yet Barrett continues to pick him ahead of Tom Wright. WTF

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It was the 2 times he didn't chase that did me. Just jogging away without a care in the world.

Isn't he supposed to be a speedster?

Yes , it’s not the missed tackles ( he’s learning ) but to stand there, watch a player go around you, and not give any chase at all did me!!!

NOT ready for first grade quality at this stage!!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
And we have Suli. Big, fat, slow, lazy, no awareness and blinding speed slower than Matt Wright.

Yet Barrett continues to pick him ahead of Tom Wright. WTF
I remember Sulis debut season as an 18 year old with The tigers and he was very dominating on the wing and in the centres
Since he was sacked from the Tigers and the Dogs he looks to have put on the weight as has lost mobility
I think Woodsie was saying that he sees Suli more of a back rower and I think he may be right

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Yes , it’s not the missed tackles ( he’s learning ) but to stand there, watch a player go around you, and not give any chase at all did me!!!

NOT ready for first grade quality at this stage!!
I dont think he is ready for 6 but i think he is ready at 4 . We have seen what he can do at open space .

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Tom is on a hiding to nowhere on this forum. Forget onfield for a bit, lots if whats going on here is
Tom wright our saviour V tom wright i told you he isnt ready
Hard to get a read on how he is going in this team
Should leave the kid out of it really and give him some time
He looks skilled but a little out of his depth atm, but he is not on his pat malone

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
U mean the one where Tupou ran AROUND Suli and then Suli wanted to lay down....?

Are you saying that if it wasn't your fault, don't chase the break ? If Wright put 50% effort into a chase, he could have cut off an inside ball and prevented the try, he put in 0% effort, not good enough

Compare it to Origin 3, Holmes intercept, and Klemmer running like an amputee is putting everything he has into a chase and he had 0% chance of cutting off a try

Not writing Wrights career off, but that standard of effort he showed isn't good enough, especially for a guy with a handful of games under his belt who should be enthusiastic

Tomay

Bencher
I’ll keep saying it, Wright may be a future star but he is no where near NRL level at the moment. He lacks awareness, can’t tackle and hasn’t been coached on how to play at this level. Throwing him into that defensive line with inexperienced players on each side of him to get towelled up by the roosters isn’t doing him any good. Leave him in NSW Cup where he can mature and gain confidence, usually if a half isn’t killing them there it’s a good indication they aren’t ready. When he does come in, please put capable defenders next to him and make sure he knows what his role is as part of the defensive unit.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
|Miss tackles from game day Manly V Roosters stats

Tom Turbo tackles made 4 tackles missed 1

Matt Wright tackles made 2 tackles missed 3

Suli tackles made 6 tackles missed 5

Kelly tackles made 7 tackles missed 3

Parker tackles made 13 tackles missed 5

Tom Wright tackles made 10 tackles missed 2

geez those two were costly though .... I'm a TW fan ... I hope he realizes his potential in 1st grade, for us

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I'm not blaming him just stating that he is not as good as many on here think

Certainly not yet Disco. He's got a few things to sort out in his game, one being commitment, taking the game by the scruff of the neck, rather than just standing by for much of the game watching the team fall apart. He's got to toughen up. Skill is there, just needs the go forward drive. A good coach would bring that out.

BrendonStarr

Reserve Grader
Well i believe his best position would be fullback but that ain't gonna happen in a hurry. He needs room to move and would likely be good in the halves later on in his career.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16