Please, please Trent... Pick Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Crikey, what did I miss? I saw one line break and not much else?? Is he really what we are hanging our hopes on?

He showed danger most times he had the ball and he showed enthusiasm in defence and attack, something others favoured are not showing. And most importantly, he showed speed, something seriously lacking in Manly's backline, other than TT and Walker. Some chosen in Manly's backline I could catch, and I haven't been able to run for years.

Crikey, what did I miss? I saw one line break and not much else?? Is he really what we are hanging our hopes on?
What did you miss ?
As a team we could not score a try and as individuals no one stood up and made a statement except for the 20 year old Tom Wright who used his exceptional speed and skill to scored our only try and he did that all on his own and at the back of his brilliance .
The fox commentators got a "hard on" when Tom Scored and if you saw the highlights that I posted previously you would have heard them climax in a euphoric state as Tom Wright mesmerized the Dragons backline .
Is he really what we are hanging our hopes on ?
I think so . Any player with superior speed and skill that Tom Wright possesses is capable of scoring a slashing try from anywhere on the field .How many backs do we have are capable of doing that ?
That's the beauty of this forum . We all have our favourite players and we all have different views which makes for interesting debate.
On a final note feathered friend
What I have learned from playing sport is ....
********THE DEFENCE CANT STOP WHAT THEY CANT CATCH ;)********

untitled.png

Last edited:
With Walkz coming back in the side there is a real chance TB MAY be able to play TW in the spot where he reckons hes best placed (centre).
Walkz at 6 (where he played in our 2 wins against donkeys & drizzle), Hodgko at 9, TW at 3, BK at 4, Suli and Jorge on the edges...
That would give us real speed throughout our backline and the chance to create tries by getting to the outside of defenders and forcing some defensive decisions to be made quickly.
Uate has been good for us (except under high balls) but hes moving on anyways so time to transition TW into the side on a permanent basis...
Please, Please Trent.... Stick with Tom Wright...

Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Barrett not want to win anymore matches and lose Tom Wright to another team.

For the panthers match - He drops Tom Wright out of the 17. Tom is one guy that can actually keep up with all the young fast Panthers.

He picks Suli, Parker in front of him. Then picks Hodko and Matt Wright on the bench - WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone got any ideas. Injured. Development player can't play because Walker's back. Something.

Tom is not a devel player, he is part of our top 30 so that's not the reason.

Surely the starting side will not be 1-17 as listed and Tom will be in and either M Wright or Hodko will be removed from the bench, hopefully both.

I just can't see the use in Hodko taking up a bench spot.
An impact player? You must be joking.
Surely Tom can play enough spots to be at least realistic cover.

I give up... i really thought TB had the potential to be a great coach and I have kept giving him the benefit of the doubt because we have been unlucky or we have had injuries or he's working with limited resources or [insert excuse here]...
But I'm done, I just can't excuse his lack of foresight and his inability to make hard decisions and drop players who aren't performing to promote youngsters who may... he played TW ONLY when he was left with NO choice and the same applies with Fainu, altho I am surprised he hasn't continued to pick poo... rant over, i can't be bothered anymore...

I give up... i really thought TB had the potential to be a great coach and I have kept giving him the benefit of the doubt because we have been unlucky or we have had injuries or he's working with limited resources or [insert excuse here]...
But I'm done, I just can't excuse his lack of foresight and his inability to make hard decisions and drop players who aren't performing to promote youngsters who may... he played TW ONLY when he was left with NO choice and the same applies with Fainu, altho I am surprised he hasn't continued to pick poo... rant over, i can't be bothered anymore...
I can see where your coming . We all have limits feathered friend . Lets see how low the team can go before we see the coaching staff go .

TGWH also wasn't named for Blacktown this week. Possibly an injury? Or could be a sign that he will play 1st grade.
I think he'll come in. If Walkz and Suli are both fit then T Wright might come in for M Wright given that Hodko gives serviceable dummy half coverage.

I think he'll come in. If Walkz and Suli are both fit then T Wright might come in for M Wright given that Hodko gives serviceable dummy half coverage.
I'm expecting TGWH to get a run but squeezing him in remains a problem, we've still got too many centres and not enough 5/8s and hookers.

If Kapow doesn't make it back .... Mat Wright may be in the front row .......

Guy can play a fair hand anywhere .... worth his weight in rockinghorse Shiite .......

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8