Please, please Trent... Pick Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I doubt Tom has done anything wrong to upset Trent.

I 'guess' it is either
1) They don't quite think he is ready, or
2) The final team hasn't been named yet and he'll be in it.

Pretty sure they recognise his talent.

I wonder what Tom Wright has done to upset pretty boy. We will loose him because TB refuses to use him. Id rather we loose TB.
TGWH is contracted for next year so he ain't going anywhere in a hurry unless it's a mutual decision.

Final team makeup on Saturday will depend on a few things, such as whether we definitely get approval for Fainu, whether Kapow makes it back in time, whether Tangles is fit and whether Suli is fit.

I can't think of a reason why Tuberculosis would run with a bench that contains Hodko and MWright, so I suspect there will be some last minute changes. Whether that includes TGWH remains to be seen, as I can't see the sense in having him on bench either if Hodko is there too.

Yeah nah better take the safer option and loose by less.

Yeah Nah takes the "safe" option way too much with his selections and it backfires way too much.

Suli misses out then? Nice selection quandary to have.

If Walks and Jorge hadn't been both injured when they were, and if Aku didn't get injured last week.....I think Suli would still be running around for Blacktown.

I'd rather have Tom Wright in the centres than Suli who is lazy and doesn't have a lot of awareness in defence. Wright may not be the best defensively, though he showed against St Merge that he is actually better than most give him credit for, but he offers more and for pace he leaves Suli eating his dust.

I doubt Tom has done anything wrong to upset Trent.

I 'guess' it is either
1) They don't quite think he is ready, or
2) The final team hasn't been named yet and he'll be in it.

Pretty sure they recognise his talent.
I actually think Barrett has lost all confidence in his coaching ability so has retreated to every safe option: kick for touch on the fifth, Tom Wright in cotton wool etc.

I haven’t commented much on this but am now mystified why Wright isn’t getting his chance.

I can see it now, he’ll be out of Manly so fast you won’t see him for dust, will sign with the Roosters and be their next superstar!!

Look, he mightn’t be the goods after all but what’s to lose??

There simply must be more to this. Maybe Wright is a Hastings fan. There is no doubt Barrett is a hoax but this weeks team borders on dementia.Its like he has tried to select the slowest possible side to contain one of the fastest( and best) sides in the comp.Mindboggling.

The difference between 1st and 16th looked quite small the other night, today we get to see the difference between 4th and 14th. My tip, small difference!

The difference is often small but the difference is the top 3-4 sides almost always win the 1% plays!!

The difference between 1st and 16th looked quite small the other night, today we get to see the difference between 4th and 14th. My tip, small difference!
This is a gee up surely

Souths 34 6
Titans 32 20
Tigers 38 12
Eels 44 10
26 12 Cowboys
34 14 Warriors
32 8 Dragons

The 3 highest ranked sides we have played have beaten us by 20 plus.Half our losses by 20 plus.Worst defence in the league. If that’s close that will do me .

I said he's lost it and there is no doubt now he has. Safe and stupidly slow ( and that's not just the players). I can see nothing in Suli, Parker or Matt Wright that suggests they are better options than Tom Wright. There is something else happening here we are not seeing. Has Tom done a Hastings? Has Barrett decided he wont play again this season in firsts? Did Tom throw a punch at Cartwright? Fair dinkum this is weird. He's been desperate to get Fainu into firsts. Why not Tom W who was the only bright light in Manly's last appearance?

There simply must be more to this. Maybe Wright is a Hastings fan. There is no doubt Barrett is a hoax but this weeks team borders on dementia.Its like he has tried to select the slowest possible side to contain one of the fastest( and best) sides in the comp.Mindboggling.
I must disagree. My mother has advanced dementia and would do a better job picking the team.

I can sort of understand the decision not to use him off the bench now that Fainu has been added to squad, just no room for him with Hodko there. However I think it'd be worth giving him game time on the wing to see if he can contribute consistently for 80 minutes. We don't have a lot to lose at the moment, and his upside has got to be better than Mright . Anyway he's about to run on for BWSE so no last minutes changes of heart, let's see if he has a go for them

I am bewildered by this week's team selection. I just can't see any point in having Parker and M Wright on the wings with our season done. Surely after T Wright's good performance last week he deserves to get some more FG time on one wing. Did we upgrade someone to take Uate's spot? Surely Ando warrants that spot and a FG start today.

Safe won't save your job Bazo, everyone wants to see some positive direction.

I am bewildered by this week's team selection. I just can't see any point in having Parker and M Wright on the wings with our season done. Surely after T Wright's good performance last week he deserves to get some more FG time on one wing. Did we upgrade someone to take Uate's spot? Surely Ando warrants that spot and a FG start today.

Safe won't save your job Bazo, everyone wants to see some positive direction.
Got a good case in mention here. A few years ago when I was helping out at Windsor, a young Nathan Cleary was playing with us. The next big thing they said, he was if nothing else very ordinary. A few weeks later, he is playing first grade and hasnt looked back ever since. The moral to the story is, give someone a chance on the big stage and watch them perform or flop. I think this is the chance Barrett has to take with Tom Wright. He has to blood him in first grade and see if he can handle the big stage, he did against the Dragons, no harm in trying at least

Thought he handled the big stage admirably against the Dragons. Beggars belief why they would leave him out. Now he gets hauled off at half time for the Workers to get the 18th man gig...WTF!!! Twent is going to do the kid’s head in before he gets a chance to shine.

Have to wonder is Twent is just a Penrith plant. Destabilise the club, shred their confidence, then cherry pick the carcass. Sadly I was in the give Twent a chance camp, but I have lost all hope.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8