Please, please Trent... Pick Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
croker definitely doesn’t have it but I’m not sure wright has it either however season is gone so Baz should leave him there for the rest of the season. GIve the young fella a chance to prove himself. I think the term is rocket science not surgery.

Oh Wright has it in bucket loads. Just needs to show confidence in his abilities. Having watched him develop, he does have his quiet games which need to be addressed. But when he's on, there are few in the game who can match his magic. As for defence, he has little trouble at all with one on one tackles. He's surprisingly strong, though a bit grabby. But he has a tendency to try to cover too many players and when he's not in reasonable reach, he can look like he's got defensive problems. This kid needs to focus on his game and to believe in his ability. Whether he plays 5/8, centre or wing for the remainder of the year, he needs to be out there getting the experience for next year.

Hasn't done all that much yet but only 3 games in.

Also doesn't look completely out of it.

Needs time and an off season to work on what he has learnt

Really should be persevered with somewhere in the game day 17 . Think that Suli has been putting in some strong efforts in the centres but i guess to accommodate Tom Wright in the run on side , Suli would have to be switched to the wing . Still no doubt a work in progress but again needs some reasonable time on the field in i st grade to built up his confidence and experience level to help him play to his undoubted potential .

its almost as though the coach knew more than the posters........
Yeah coz TW missed all the tackles today.... in case you missed it einstein, TW DID NOT PLAY in the losses to Tigers and eels where our team acted like it was touch but pin the blame today on a kid in the centre of the park with 3 full NRL games under his belt that was responsible for 3 or 4 of the 30+ tackles missed... team were fing terrible today and should ALL hang their heads... TW has a big future IMO and this ****ty year is a perfect opportunity for him to be learning these lessons (like the one that Keary taught him)

Last edited:
Absolutely disgraceful effort to not chase the Tupou break early in the game, didn't even get out of a jog, I would have sent the hook out for him at that point

While I have been one to suggest previously that TGWH was probably not 1st grade material yet, I think it is completely unfair to blame him (or any other player) today. Practically the ENTIRE team was pathetic. I do take issue with his (and his teammates) efforts to get back in cover defense but there are for more worrying signs at Manly than one player's efforts today.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8