Please, please Trent... Pick Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Actually, though I understood Barrett's earlier statement that Wright should be a centre, not a 5/8, given some issues he had, I think Barrett is mistaken here. Wright has all the qualities to make him a top 5/8. Just needs more defence coaching, and encouragement regarding using his skills more often in a game. Someone mentioned interchanging Walker and Tom Wright between 5/8 and centre, and I suspect that's a potentially effective measure. If Hodko's body cant handle the game pressure, Barrett should serious consider that option.

Not quite what Barrett said, thought his best position right now was centre (being most likely to get a run) and pre Suli he was right imo.

His 5/8 first grade play is still untested so cannot say either way. Also not sure whether he is an organizer or more of an play it as you see it player.

Don't want to over-hype Tom Wright, but was impressed as much by his hands as his awesome try.

He set up a half-break with some deft. late ball playing and looks like he is more than a running half.

Can't see why Barrett thinks his natural position is centre.

Potentially looks like one of those rare halves who is elusive AND capable of creating opportunities for others.

Given our season, I'd have Tom Wright at 6 for the next eight weeks.

If it works out, we'll solve a huge problem for next season.

At the very least, his development is one few interesting things left to watch this season.

Don't want to over-hype Tom Wright, but was impressed as much by his hands as his awesome try.

He set up a half-break with some deft. late ball playing and looks like he is more than a running half.

Potentially looks like one of those rare halves who is elusive AND capable of creating opportunities for others.

At the very least, his development is one few interesting things left to watch this season.
Sounds a lot like having Walker at 5/8th.....and that didn't go so well from memory.:think:

What does it matter, the guys playing there now can't either. ;)

I can see the sarcasm there, but I seriously question why we want to replace one or both wingers who can't catch a high ball under pressure with a player who is potentially exactly the same.

Lather, rinse and repeat.

What we need is tall, fast, athletic wingers. We don't have that other than moving Turbo to the wing and that's a poor option in itself because in this side he'd be wasted out there. That's OK for a rep team like NSW or the Kangaroos because there is quality across the park. We don't have that sort of luxury with the players we have.

From what I have seen of Top Gun he is a more dynamic runner than an organiser . To me he is the centre of excellence .
Our only try that our team could score last week was at the back of the brilliance of Top Gun .
Top Gun exploded through a gap with his scintillating speed and made the Dragons backs look pedestrian as he blitzed straight through them and then mesmerized them with his evasive skills and before the commentator could say Tom Wright Top Gun was over the line for a try !!!
Tries like that bring the house down .

images98Y2IDGP.jpg

Didn't we beat Brisbane and Melbourne with Walker at 5/8?
How many wins have we had with Hodkinson at 5/8?
Fair point, but I was referring more to the failed experiment of 2016. In any case I can't image a single player change that will fix our current issues, something is very, very wrong with the entire playing group.

While I agree it's very early to call out Tom Wright as being something really special all the signs are there. Special players do special things others just can't do and so far Wright has a shed full of them. The classic 'wait till he plays against men' crap is really tiresome.
He made an English international and a really solid and fast fullback look pretty stupid so let's hope it continues.
I see flashes of Benji Marshall in him. If he travels that path we could have a superstar on the rise.

Reminds me of Milford, he just made things happen last night. That try was not his only play, set up some other nice plays and overlaps. Chimed well with Daly but he should be getting more ball. He is lightning quick and has footwork, x factor! Something we have missed. Has to be our 6, would be wasted in the centres. Hopefully we could replicate the halves pairing of Hunt and Milford with Cherry and Wright. Two running halves doesn't usually work but Daly and Walkz in our two consecutive wins looked really good.

While I agree it's very early to call out Tom Wright as being something really special all the signs are there. Special players do special things others just can't do and so far Wright has a shed full of them. The classic 'wait till he plays against men' crap is really tiresome.
He made an English international and a really solid and fast fullback look pretty stupid so let's hope it continues.
I see flashes of Benji Marshall in him. If he travels that path we could have a superstar on the rise.
I see you got a great eye for talent @Eagle of London

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8