Please, please Trent... Pick Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
God we need a win !

With some good coaching, I see a bit of Cameron Munster in Tom Wright.

I think Hodko needs to go back to being depth, or our utility when the team is fully fit.

Secondly, with Walker returning, time to set our backline for next season:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Moses Suli
06. Tom Wright
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Kelepi Tanginoa
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Trent Hodkinson
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Shaun Lane

If we lose with that team, we have some serious problems. There's quality 1 through 17 in that.
I don't see Munster in Wright, I don't have the urge to punch him in the face, plus I think Munster is overrated

Suli has just turned 20 and he has started the season late due to the issues he had with the dogs when he was released for not turning up to training .
Suli looks to be carrying more weight than he should be as he is obviously has not reached peak fitness as yet .
Time will tell

He signed with Manly over 3 months ago. Greg Inglis has got to full strength quicker this season from an ACL than Suli from being overweight and lazy.

Some guys just don't make it in first grade if their training attitude is not there. I hope Suli proves me wrong as he has done nothing in 3 months so far.

Yes he has nice hands and once he gets a few guys running lines and knowing what he is capable of he should get some more value out of that part of his game. That try just shows the defence they can’t afford to hang off him, so them committing opens up his passing game more once those around him develop trust in his ability.
Don't get too excited off 1 game CnC... your making it sound a bit like he's the Great Wright Hope... ;)

Don't get too excited off 1 game CnC... your making it sound a bit like he's the Great Wright Hope... ;)
I'm not getting excited just yet - he has always had attacking brilliance, that's never been in doubt. It's the other areas of his game that still need work. But I thought the effort was there yesterday, even if the execution still needs some polish. He did enough yesterday to deserve another shot for sure.

I'm not getting excited just yet - he has always had attacking brilliance, that's never been in doubt. It's the other areas of his game that still need work. But I thought the effort was there yesterday, even if the execution still needs some polish. He did enough yesterday to deserve another shot for sure.
Glad to have you on board champion... i was just geeing u up..... what i have seen of TW tells me hes got something different (special) about him and you have to encourage and nuture those types of players or someone else will...

He signed with Manly over 3 months ago. Greg Inglis has got to full strength quicker this season from an ACL than Suli from being overweight and lazy.

Some guys just don't make it in first grade if their training attitude is not there. I hope Suli proves me wrong as he has done nothing in 3 months so far.
Good point there . Suli has had his issues having moved to 3 clubs within 12 months
He does look a bit it like a front rower playing in the centres
Time to lose a bit of weight son

Tom Wright IS the only bright spot in a woeful season from the Eagles.
We should to be excited :D

TOP GUN Tom Wright was the only player that could manage to score for us and what a try it was !!!
He absolutely mesmerized the competition leaders . He made them look like cellar dwellers with his exceptional pace and evasive skills .
Defence can be taught but speed is a natural gift . If you don't have it you can never get it
SPEED THRILLS - SPEED KIILS and TOP GUN is fully loaded with it

Tom Wright oozes X factor and TB has him playing Reggie’s. Will he develop and go to the next level there.? F—- no! He needs a coach who has the foresight and ability to facilitate his development. He won’t magically reach first grade standard playing Reggie’s. This kid needs a coaching staff that force him to tackle with his shoulders and to give him time in first grade. IMO I rate him above Suli but hey what would I know.

I would have Sironen in the 17 every day over Perrett. Likewise Jade Anderson over lazy Suli.

So Api is out replaced with Fainu? don't think so. perhaps onto the bench at some stage.

I'm talking about our next game mate. Of course Api and Siro are in the team full strength.

Hodkinson played the second half against Storm. It was 2 all at half time. We scored 22 points with Walker in the centres or in the bin.He also failed in 2016. One game against the broncos means nothing.

My opinion is based on the fact Walker was Dally M centre of the year, is a star in that position and Wright needs to play the rest of the year in a position where we have no other real options. There is no downside. The season is over. Hodkinson M Wright Brown are giving us nothing. They could play 20 years and not score a try and look dangerous like Tom did last night.
Fair enough ...but those insisting on blaming Walkz for our 2016 losses is unsupported by any facts.....its just ridiculous !!
Back then TB had Walkz playing a certain way the same as he had Croker, and now Hodko playing.
Watch the replays and you will see what I mean. (I have)
Dce on the other hand was beyond any blame...why though,? He played then like he is playing now and we are losing same as 2016.
I hoped like hell Dce would give a mom performance against the merge????
For the amount of ball he receives, he just can't create anything, his kicking game is off, 40/20s have dried up, his go to combinations are not working. (Is it any coincidence that the Turbo's are down on form ????)
The irony is the common denominator when we win..... is Walkz.
Persisting with Dce and expect a different result can no longer be tolerated end of story.
TB should play Dce at 9 let Walkz and TW play in the halves we have plenty of capable centres
This combo will solve our lack of creativity in the halves while narrowing Dce focus instead of his tendency to do to much as our half.
Guarantee everyone will start playing better.......problem solved

Last edited:
God we need a win !

With some good coaching, I see a bit of Cameron Munster in Tom Wright.

I think Hodko needs to go back to being depth, or our utility when the team is fully fit.

Secondly, with Walker returning, time to set our backline for next season:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Moses Suli
06. Tom Wright
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Kelepi Tanginoa
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Trent Hodkinson
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Shaun Lane

If we lose with that team, we have some serious problems. There's quality 1 through 17 in that.
Agree, but one question mark is, can Moses Suli catch & defend on the wing?

Fair enough ...but those insisting on blaming Walkz for our 2016 losses is unsupported by any facts.....its just ridiculous !!
Back then TB had Walkz playing a certain way the same as he had Croker, and now Hodko playing.
Watch the replays and you will see what I mean. (I have)
Dce on the other hand was beyond any blame...why though,? He played then like he is playing now and we are losing same as 2016.
I hoped like hell Dce would give a mom performance against the merge????
For the amount of ball he receives, he just can't create anything, his kicking game is off, 40/20s have dried up, his go to combinations are not working. (Is it any coincidence that the Turbo's are down on form ????)
The irony is the common denominator when we win..... is Walkz.
Persisting with Dce and expect a different result can no longer be tolerated end of story.
TB should play Dce at 9 let Walkz and TW play in the halves we have plenty of capable centres
This combo will solve our lack of creativity in the halves while narrowing Dce focus instead of his tendency to do to much as our half.
Guarantee everyone will start playing better.......problem solved

Not wanting to sound smart but WTF are you smoking? :)

There is no place for DW in the halves. Hes a running Centre and a pretty good one at that. The guy looked and played like a headless chicken in 2016 when in the 6. He looked like a centre running around hoping for the best which just never really arrived.

While i agree DCE is really struggling at the moment i put that more down to the useless coaching team and any lack of game plan or direction. Its not brain science to see its an edict from TB and the clown shop. Kick into touch, kick into touch, kick into touch again again and again. Both Trent and DCE doing it...

A player doesn't win premierships, Clive C medals and represent Australia without something in the locker. Its pretty obvious that his real struggles started when TBaz and Cartyclown took over.

And finally how the hell does a 'coach' persist with Croker and when that went down in flames turn to DW then Matt Wright, Api then anyone other than Tom Wright. Whats the kid done wrong to be put just above Hastings on the only play if there are no other options????? All the kid needs is game time in the NRL. Play him in 6 for the rest of the season. wont be any worse than croker was...

And Doubly finally finally 'Persisting with Dce and expect a different result can no longer be tolerated end of story.' Change that to Trent Barrett and you will be on the money...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6