Pre-Game Penrith v Manly [Round 1, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 6
BlueBet Stadium
10 Mar 2022 08:05 PM

Team Lists

winnyason

Bencher
Very ecstatic about this team list. Haumole being there is super. And well deserved for Sipley with the starting spot man, he's on a mission this year and I can't wait for him to kill it. Tolu at 14 is exciting but will most likely have like a 10 minute cameo.

Looking at the penny side, cleary out is fab for us. I'm very happy they named staines at wing, pretty bog defender, and on our preferred left side, I expect us to coast in for some tries there. Also Eisenhuth on the bench is a dud. They look quite vulnerable my friends, I know it's been 8 long years since a round 1 win, but we can break the streak on Thursday in fashionable style. Get ready Manly fans !!!!!!!!
Very onboard with sipley starting need more agro and he give it for first 20-25 minutes

XV-1

First Grader
Shocked, named a full strength side, Walker dropped for Koula. Most of the injured players are playing or is Des confusing everyone? Sipley to start? Marty to start, Haumone to start in 2nd row?

How did you figure Walker has been dropped?
He went off injured against Canberra. No doubt, not 100%.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'd be down to at least give Koula a shot playing Walkers middle roving role late in the 1st half.

From what I saw in the trial, we wouldn't lose too much defensively with Koula over Walker.

Worth a shot, if that is in fact Dessie ends up doing.....and who really knows with the side named?

Nordburg

First Grader
Yep I get it @Nordburg but just imagine Koula playing Walkers role, with his extreme pace, through the middle. It could be a thing of beauty.
No,I can’t imagine it.A 19 year on debut thats predominately a Fullback or Centre,playing in the middle against the reigning premiers forward pack and having to make a ton of tackles.I’m not a fan of Walker playing in the middle either but at least he has a seasoned body,injury prone as it is.If he does stay on the bench,knowing Des,he’ll be lucky to see 5-10 minutes,if any time at all,unless there’s an injury

I'd be down to at least give Koula a shot playing Walkers middle roving role late in the 1st half.

From what I saw in the trial, we wouldn't lose too much defensively with Koula over Walker.

Worth a shot, if that is in fact Dessie ends up doing.....and who really knows with the side named?
Walkers middle role is as a ball player... no way Koula is any ball player certainly not at the moment. And yes no way will he be there to defend in the middle of the ruck.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Very ecstatic about this team list. Haumole being there is super. And well deserved for Sipley with the starting spot man, he's on a mission this year and I can't wait for him to kill it. Tolu at 14 is exciting but will most likely have like a 10 minute cameo.

Looking at the penny side, cleary out is fab for us. I'm very happy they named staines at wing, pretty bog defender, and on our preferred left side, I expect us to coast in for some tries there. Also Eisenhuth on the bench is a dud. They look quite vulnerable my friends, I know it's been 8 long years since a round 1 win, but we can break the streak on Thursday in fashionable style. Get ready Manly fans !!!!!!!!
Well summed up report Remy, and a good insight into the Chocolate Soldiers.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Oh yeah baby !!!!
Thats a good looking 17, and very excited for Thursday come rain, hail or stars.

Of course it depends on the final list Thursday but this is alot better than it was looking with Injuries.

Sippers starting with Keppie coming in off the bench is a good move too.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Yep I get it @Nordburg but just imagine Koula playing Walkers role, with his extreme pace, through the middle. It could be a thing of beauty.
Like someone else said he’ll be used like Pap for Melb. Or he’ll sit on the bench for 80 perhaps. Can’t see him in walkers role at all. Jake will do the link work for 80. Like the side and we are a big chance to start the year with the 2 for once……..

JEF

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Got to say in Jake interview he doesn't seem confident they are going to win. Philosophical and realistic based on the past I guess. I think they can.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18