Pre-Game Penrith v Manly [Round 1, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 6
BlueBet Stadium
10 Mar 2022 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Penrith v Manly [Round 1, 2022]

MATCH DAY

Thursday 10th March 2022

Venue:
.... BlueBet Stadium, Penrith

Gates Open:....7:05pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Penrith Panthers vs Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - 8:05pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Toafofoa Sipley
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau’atu
12. Ethan Bullemor
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tolutau Koula
15. Karl Lawton
16. Sean Keppie
17. Taniela Paseka

Replacement:

18. Morgan Boyle.

Reserves:

20. Christian Tuipulotu.

Out:

19. Andrew Davey
21. Jorge Taufua
22. Alec Tuitavake
23. Kaeo Weekes
24. James Roumanos.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Sione Fainu
  • Ben Trbojevic
  • Dylan Walker
  • Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
  • Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player
  • Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:
(Updated: Tuesday, 8 March 2022)

• Andrew Davey (Knee, Round 1)
  • Martin Taupau (Back, Round 1)
  • Haumole Olakau’atu (Elbow, Round 2)
  • Josh Schuster (Ankle, Round 6)
  • Josh Aloiai (Suspension, Round 4)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Aaah finally after a thousand days of waiting we have a match thread 😎
Does anyone know if Davey will be available? Haven't heard anything about him for awhile now.

Cant wait! Go Mighty Manly!
Manly by 4 unless its raining

Likely to need snorkels.

Not forecasted to stop raining until next weekend.

Shame because the boys would've preferred a dry track. We kinda suck in the rain.
We might get lucky on that front mate. Wednesday and Thursday actually are looking at no rain or very little (10% chance of rain >1mm).

Clearly it’ll be wet under footing, but it might be ok.

It’s hard to gauge what way this match goes. Does Cleary okay? Does Haumole etc play?

Aaah finally after a thousand days of waiting we have a match thread 😎
Does anyone know if Davey will be available? Haven't heard anything about him for awhile now.

Cant wait! Go Mighty Manly!
Manly by 4 unless its raining
Apparently had concussion issues at training, maybe took a knock on the head. Although, have read from other sites he's a good chance to be named on the bench. With so many forwards out it's not surprising his name has bobbed up.

Likely to need snorkels.

Not forecasted to stop raining until next weekend.

Shame because the boys would've preferred a dry track. We kinda suck in the rain.
If anything, it's made the game a more even contest now. Going to be a lot of errors, lots of loose grips and bobbles. We just have to be the team with the least errors, tackle our arses off and take our chances when attacking their line. I really feel if it's a wet track, I'm fancying our chances tbh..

Feels an unusual start for Manly on an opening Thursday season game , just hope that the weather can settle down a bit . Probably really can not go on trial form , plenty of stability in the Manly backs , forwards not so sure , Sure that Des will have them prepared , Let"s hope for the best .

Feels an unusual start for Manly on an opening Thursday season game , just hope that the weather can settle down a bit . Probably really can not go on trial form , plenty of stability in the Manly backs , forwards not so sure , Sure that Des will have them prepared , Let"s hope for the best .
Don't know why so many people on here are getting so anxious about playing the riff on a wet track. It's brought us into the game, it's an equal money chance now. I'd be grimacing if it was dry and against any other side, as we definitely have to many strike weapons for teams to cope with.

Manly usually lose in Round 1, and this time we're away against the reigning premiers so it won't be a shock if we lose again. But strangely, I am quietly confident.

The team has been quite open during the off-season about working on changes in order to better challenge the top sides this year.

So if we can build pressure, go set for set, we'll be on the right track and setting a good foundation. Regardless of the final score. And after all, we lost our opening games in 2008 and 2011!

to beat riff at night in wet we need

cleary not to play. is he fit
foz to be manlys best as he has the best short kicking game to even out possession from the inevitable mistakes
jake is a target as first receiver due to his lack of pace. if foz can take more of these balls and get manly attacking from closer to the ad line we can use attacking kicks. currently most of our kicks are from behind play, shielded, without momentum and relying on opposition mistakes rather than our skill and pressure to turn our fortunes

we need to introduce attacking kicking and not retreat to safety to hoik the up and under from a secure buffer zone. we rarely ask questions with the boot and this is a real issue in terms of playing end to end footy as we rarely get the upper hand from the kick exchanges at the end

a couple of hail mary 40/20 attempts and one croker kick from dummy half every 2 weeks is not cutting it in the big league. so if cleary plays , me anxious. him kick smart

Manly usually lose in Round 1, and this time we're away against the reigning premiers so it won't be a shock if we lose again. But strangely, I am quietly confident.

The team has been quite open during the off-season about working on changes in order to better challenge the top sides this year.

So if we can build pressure, go set for set, we'll be on the right track and setting a good foundation. Regardless of the final score. And after all, we lost our opening games in 2008 and 2011!
Given we are playing champs keen to see improvement in our go forward against good teams.

to beat riff at night in wet we need

cleary not to play. is he fit
foz to be manlys best as he has the best short kicking game to even out possession from the inevitable mistakes
jake is a target as first receiver due to his lack of pace. if foz can take more of these balls and get manly attacking from closer to the ad line we can use attacking kicks. currently most of our kicks are from behind play, shielded, without momentum and relying on opposition mistakes rather than our skill and pressure to turn our fortunes

we need to introduce attacking kicking and not retreat to safety to hoik the up and under from a secure buffer zone. we rarely ask questions with the boot and this is a real issue in terms of playing end to end footy as we rarely get the upper hand from the kick exchanges at the end

a couple of hail mary 40/20 attempts and one croker kick from dummy half every 2 weeks is not cutting it in the big league. so if cleary plays , me anxious. him kick smart
Are we actually talking about the same team here jj, our kicking game was near perfect, DCE had the most 40-20 kicks. DCE usually does most of the grubber in goal kicks, no problems there. The reason why maybe we didn't kick as much, ie; hail Mary's, was because our attacking game, led by Tommy was to lethal not to use, rather than waste it on a pointless kick.

so if cleary plays , me anxious. him kick smart
He is a good kicker. He's also a good runner and passer. However, if he plays then Sippers and Co will give his new shoulder a solid test.
With a couple of months to prepare for this game, I'm fairly sure Des would have turned his mind to the problem of Penrith's best player.

Are we actually talking about the same team here jj, our kicking game was near perfect, DCE had the most 40-20 kicks. DCE usually does most of the grubber in goal kicks, no problems there. The reason why maybe we didn't kick as much, ie; hail Mary's, was because our attacking game, led by Tommy was to lethal not to use, rather than waste it on a pointless kick.
Haha, good luck trying to persuade James that DCE doesn't spend each game 'retreating to safety', I sometimes get the impression James is not a big fan of DCE. :)

Another off season survived with minimal brain damage ...

Didn't we play well in the wet in the trial ?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6