[Resurrected] Penn selling the club??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Delmege couldn't compete with URM's monies in the long term.

Waste continues to grow whereas real estate is cyclic :nerd:

Penn may just expand his Penn Sports shareholder list by bringing URM in with his two existing partners :nod:

Penn may just expand his Penn Sports shareholder list by bringing URM in with his two existing partners :nod:
Couldn’t agree more. Delmege had his time and helped get the club on its feet but that time is gone. Time to move forward to stability.

hopefully waste is re-cyclic

One man's rubbish is another Manly treasure trove
giphy.gif

The Mole

POTENTIAL MANLY BUYER REVEALED

I can reveal that the mystery company thinking of buying Manly from the Penn family is none other than the Sea Eagles’ major sponsor, URM, or United Resource Management.

One of Sydney’s biggest waste collectors, URM is headed by a couple of tragic Manly supporters who are more than happy to come up with the asking price of between $15 million and $20 million.

Owning an NRL club is not a profitable exercise but the pair are prepared to wear the loss for control of the club.

Former Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey recently joined the firm as an ambassador and will be involved in the bid.

But URM face some opposition in taking over the club - former owner Max Delmege is also keen to be involved again.

Miley's been reading Silvertails again >:)

I don’t mind who buys them but I do care how Max will get treated by the new owners. And I hope they respect and acknowledge what he did for the club and at least invite him to something. Absolutely disgraceful how he has been treated over the last few years! Makes me feel sick to my stomach

For all the great things that the Penns have done for our club which I respect and am very grateful

I am also very disappointed that Max has not been treated with the great respect that he has earned and deserves .

I have been a very proud and passionate Manly club member for many years and hearing about one of the most important Manly man in the history of our club being treated with disrespect is a blemish to our club

Agree. Although Fat Tony isn't a fan of URM...

giphy.gif

I wonder what those two existing partners think of their $20+ mil investment now being offered for $14mil allegedly.

If Tooves does end up becoming our CEO by some miracle, it could be the best thing that ever happened to the game. A few years of experience as CEO would allow him to eventually be taken seriously as a candidate when Greenburg eventually gets found out and thrown out. With previous playing experience, the right personality and obvious smarts he make a great administrator.

If Tooves does end up becoming our CEO by some miracle, it could be the best thing that ever happened to the game. A few years of experience as CEO would allow him to eventually be taken seriously as a candidate when Greenburg eventually gets found out and thrown out. With previous playing experience, the right personality and obvious smarts he make a great administrator.
Toovey becoming our CEO would signal to the fans and members a total healing after the previous 7 years or so. He would perfect for the job I think. It would also give him the skills and experience to one day take on Greenturds role. I think the next CEO of the game needs to be someone who has been involved in all sides of the game rather than a pen pusher administrator with no feel or understanding of what the game needs like the idiots running the game at the moment!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4