Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Penn selling the club??

HappilyManly

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Premiership #9 is due!
Premium Member
Delmege couldn't compete with URM's monies in the long term.

Waste continues to grow whereas real estate is cyclic :nerd:

Penn may just expand his Penn Sports shareholder list by bringing URM in with his two existing partners :nod:

Budgewoi Eagle

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
2019 Tipping Competitor

Penn may just expand his Penn Sports shareholder list by bringing URM in with his two existing partners :nod:
Couldn’t agree more. Delmege had his time and helped get the club on its feet but that time is gone. Time to move forward to stability.

HappilyManly

Premium Member
Couldn’t agree more. Delmege had his time and helped get the club on its feet but that time is gone. Time to move forward to stability.
Our expanding waist and waste will guarantee the financial future of our owners, being as they are the owners of Weight Watchers and URM :giggle:

nightster

Well worn member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor

hopefully waste is re-cyclic

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
The Mole

POTENTIAL MANLY BUYER REVEALED

I can reveal that the mystery company thinking of buying Manly from the Penn family is none other than the Sea Eagles’ major sponsor, URM, or United Resource Management.

One of Sydney’s biggest waste collectors, URM is headed by a couple of tragic Manly supporters who are more than happy to come up with the asking price of between $15 million and $20 million.

Owning an NRL club is not a profitable exercise but the pair are prepared to wear the loss for control of the club.

Former Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey recently joined the firm as an ambassador and will be involved in the bid.

But URM face some opposition in taking over the club - former owner Max Delmege is also keen to be involved again.
Miley's been reading Silvertails again >:)

BOZO

2019 Tipping Competitor
I don’t mind who buys them but I do care how Max will get treated by the new owners. And I hope they respect and acknowledge what he did for the club and at least invite him to something. Absolutely disgraceful how he has been treated over the last few years! Makes me feel sick to my stomach

For all the great things that the Penns have done for our club which I respect and am very grateful

I am also very disappointed that Max has not been treated with the great respect that he has earned and deserves .

I have been a very proud and passionate Manly club member for many years and hearing about one of the most important Manly man in the history of our club being treated with disrespect is a blemish to our club

Loobs

Living in the demountable.

Agree. Although Fat Tony isn't a fan of URM...

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor

I wonder what those two existing partners think of their $20+ mil investment now being offered for $14mil allegedly.

HappilyManly

Premium Member
I wonder what those two existing partners think of their $20+ mil investment now being offered for $14mil allegedly.
They are part of any deal made by the MSE.
Both are independently very rich in any case and are mad Manly supporters :)

Tomay

If Tooves does end up becoming our CEO by some miracle, it could be the best thing that ever happened to the game. A few years of experience as CEO would allow him to eventually be taken seriously as a candidate when Greenburg eventually gets found out and thrown out. With previous playing experience, the right personality and obvious smarts he make a great administrator.

sheridanstand78

If Tooves does end up becoming our CEO by some miracle, it could be the best thing that ever happened to the game. A few years of experience as CEO would allow him to eventually be taken seriously as a candidate when Greenburg eventually gets found out and thrown out. With previous playing experience, the right personality and obvious smarts he make a great administrator.
Toovey becoming our CEO would signal to the fans and members a total healing after the previous 7 years or so. He would perfect for the job I think. It would also give him the skills and experience to one day take on Greenturds role. I think the next CEO of the game needs to be someone who has been involved in all sides of the game rather than a pen pusher administrator with no feel or understanding of what the game needs like the idiots running the game at the moment!

Latest posts

Top Bottom